+ Reply to Thread

Question Just started Propecia and maybe im over reacting.

I just got a script for Propecia a week ago tomorrow and already I think I might be one of those unlucky guys. It started almost instantly, I noticed my errections weren't as hard and didn't last as long. Also it was a bit harder to ejaculate. What I am wanting to know is: does it take some time for your body to get used to the meds before it starts to function properly? Also Would maybe skipping a day or two between doses help? I am only 23 and mpb dosent really run in my family. My bros are 10 and 12 years older and barley have any thinning at all. Plus my dad is 67 and his hair is not that bad. I thought I was going to be just as fortunate as they were, but I have a suspision that either I got some crappy genes or my mom stepped out on my dad with me. Anyways thanks for listening and I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with the medication. Because frankley if I can't get wood anymore im just going to kick this stuff to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by nassau View Post
    I just got a script for Propecia a week ago tomorrow and already I think I might be one of those unlucky guys. It started almost instantly, I noticed my errections weren't as hard and didn't last as long. Also it was a bit harder to ejaculate. What I am wanting to know is: does it take some time for your body to get used to the meds before it starts to function properly? Also Would maybe skipping a day or two between doses help? I am only 23 and mpb dosent really run in my family. My bros are 10 and 12 years older and barley have any thinning at all. Plus my dad is 67 and his hair is not that bad. I thought I was going to be just as fortunate as they were, but I have a suspision that either I got some crappy genes or my mom stepped out on my dad with me. Anyways thanks for listening and I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem with the medication. Because frankley if I can't get wood anymore im just going to kick this stuff to the curb.
    It can take a week or two for your body to adjust. Skipping a day could help or cut the pill in half for a while.

Dude check out websites such as propeciahelp.com

You can learn about other people's experiences with finasteride

Thanks man,

Are you currently taking the drug and did you have the same problem at the begining?

I took finasteride 1 mg/day for about a week and noticed most of the same side effects you described immediately. That was enough for me to stop. Since then I've decided to just accept baldness. Luckily the shape of my head isn't too bad so I've been buzzing my head down with a trimmer as close to a zero as possible. I just need to put on some pounds of muscle before I'll really be comfortable with this look. My MPB is pretty severe and I've come to realize that it's really hard to fight your genes. It's always an uphill battle and not worth it for me.

Plus DHT has it's own role throughout our body. Do we really know the long term consequences of dismissing this steroid completely?