+ Reply to Thread

Default Strange case - MBP or TE?

Hi guys, I'm a 20 y/o man and I'm suffering hair loss - but I have some questions

Two to three months ago I had a very, very stressful period. Perhaps the closest thing I've ever been to a depression. Luckily, I got many good friends and a supportive girlfriend that got me over it, just as they will with my hair loss problems.

I've always had high temples. They moved upward slightly during the years, but nothing concerning at all - my friends have more or less the same thing. But about a week ago, things started to go real quick.

I shed hairs like crazy. Every morning I find +/- 30 hairs on my pillow. The hairs do have that little white bulb at the end. I also suffer from headaches and some sort of tingling up above.

Even though my hair loss does occur on my crown and temples, I also noticed it's basically thinning everywhere: on the sides and on the back as well (in fact sometimes I believe I lose more hairs on the back than up front).

Whilst there are two bald guys in my (huge) family, it all started when they were about 40. So I'm not ruling out MBP, but I'd expect MBP not to do its thing within three days but more gradually. Therefore, I'm wondering whether TE could be a cause as well (painful scalp, headaches, losing hair from everywhere but also MBP areas, and I've had to deal with lots of stress, but that's 2-3 months ago).

I'm also going through an examination period now which kind of sucks. I also got really worried about my situation so I'm probably having more stress due to this. Oh joy.

I already made an appointment with my dermatologist, but in the meantime some questions for you

So my questions for you:

- In case this is more a TE thing than a MBP thing: what do I do? I ordered Regenepure Hair Loss Shampoo DR. Anything else I can do? Is it a good idea to take any medication to stop the headaches?

- In case this is some MBP thingy (I never expected it to happen looking at my family, but hey, you never know): Is it normal to lose this many hairs? And the headaches? Will regenepure help to stop the hair loss?

I read a couple of posts here and from what I know, If this would be MBP, these would by my options:

- finasteride - my penis is more important to me than my hair so I'd gladly skip this
    - minox - side effects, especially the aging skin are scary to me. Also, know that this is a lifetime thing and I'm not convinced that running away from the problem and being confronted with it two times a day outweighs the short-term pain of accepting it and trying to look as good as possible without hair. Also I read that when you stop doing it, you'll actually lose more hair than you would have (even though I do take that with an internet-grain of salt)
    - nanoxidil - reading it's the same as minox and not having the side effects this would be a nice temporary solution until I have an acceptable age to go bald, unfortunately I can't find any good reviews in here. How come?
    - Hair transplant: will do in case I actually start to look terrifying. Problem is my age, so if I can maintain it a bit until I'm old enough that would be nice.
    - Are there any other things I can do? Basically I don't want terrible side effects and I'll gladly give up some hair for that - as long as I can somewhat delay this process.

For young people facing this problem too: I advice you to be honest about your problems. I took some courage and discussed my problems with my parents and girlfriend. It was hard for me to have the conversation but oh boy I was so glad I did it.

Still I do somewhat hope it's TE related (my dad thinks it is but yeah).

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoen View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a 20 y/o man and I'm suffering hair loss - but I have some questions

Two to three months ago I had a very, very stressful period. Perhaps the closest thing I've ever been to a depression. Luckily, I got many good friends and a supportive girlfriend that got me over it, just as they will with my hair loss problems.

I've always had high temples. They moved upward slightly during the years, but nothing concerning at all - my friends have more or less the same thing. But about a week ago, things started to go real quick.

I shed hairs like crazy. Every morning I find +/- 30 hairs on my pillow. The hairs do have that little white bulb at the end. I also suffer from headaches and some sort of tingling up above.

Even though my hair loss does occur on my crown and temples, I also noticed it's basically thinning everywhere: on the sides and on the back as well (in fact sometimes I believe I lose more hairs on the back than up front).

Whilst there are two bald guys in my (huge) family, it all started when they were about 40. So I'm not ruling out MBP, but I'd expect MBP not to do its thing within three days but more gradually. Therefore, I'm wondering whether TE could be a cause as well (painful scalp, headaches, losing hair from everywhere but also MBP areas, and I've had to deal with lots of stress, but that's 2-3 months ago).

I'm also going through an examination period now which kind of sucks. I also got really worried about my situation so I'm probably having more stress due to this. Oh joy.

I already made an appointment with my dermatologist, but in the meantime some questions for you

So my questions for you:

- In case this is more a TE thing than a MBP thing: what do I do? I ordered Regenepure Hair Loss Shampoo DR. Anything else I can do? Is it a good idea to take any medication to stop the headaches?

- In case this is some MBP thingy (I never expected it to happen looking at my family, but hey, you never know): Is it normal to lose this many hairs? And the headaches? Will regenepure help to stop the hair loss?

I read a couple of posts here and from what I know, If this would be MBP, these would by my options:

- finasteride - my penis is more important to me than my hair so I'd gladly skip this
    - minox - side effects, especially the aging skin are scary to me. Also, know that this is a lifetime thing and I'm not convinced that running away from the problem and being confronted with it two times a day outweighs the short-term pain of accepting it and trying to look as good as possible without hair. Also I read that when you stop doing it, you'll actually lose more hair than you would have (even though I do take that with an internet-grain of salt)
    - nanoxidil - reading it's the same as minox and not having the side effects this would be a nice temporary solution until I have an acceptable age to go bald, unfortunately I can't find any good reviews in here. How come?
    - Hair transplant: will do in case I actually start to look terrifying. Problem is my age, so if I can maintain it a bit until I'm old enough that would be nice.
    - Are there any other things I can do? Basically I don't want terrible side effects and I'll gladly give up some hair for that - as long as I can somewhat delay this process.

For young people facing this problem too: I advice you to be honest about your problems. I took some courage and discussed my problems with my parents and girlfriend. It was hard for me to have the conversation but oh boy I was so glad I did it.

Still I do somewhat hope it's TE related (my dad thinks it is but yeah).
    if it's TE, which it probably is, then all you can do is relax and ride it out - TE is self correcting.

Thanks for your reply mate. However I can't find much documentation on TE (with men) on the interwebz.

Can I somehow check whether it's TE or not? The hairs are of all lengths and most of them have white bulbs, but they're quite thin as well.

E: Also in case it's TE (will check with my dermatologist to make sure tho): is there anything I can do to reduce the damage? Things like washing my hair in a different way, changing my sleeping patterns ect... (thinking of that, the last few months I've been sleeping from 5 am to 10 am which is probably not a good thing)

OK guys this is getting worse. Apart from the hairloss, headaches get worse. I regularly feel like I have to puke and I'm feeling light headed and dizzy in general. Are these symptoms even associated with TE or MBP? I don't think it's because of stress

Also, I feel very tired and have a hard time breathing from time to time' I'm worried aboyt my hair loss but it's not that I'm panicking in any way... Also I dont eat like I did earlier. Anyone feit these symptoms before?