finasteride sides - quit, cut or keep going?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impact4000
    • Jan 2016

finasteride sides - quit, cut or keep going?

Hi, just reached month 3 on fin (1mg daily).

The shedding seems to have stabilised.

Libido is v.good, but continuing ED/watery semen (!) The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Quit, cut down into 0.25mg daily or keep at it & hope sides pass/body adjusts?

Any suggestions from experience?

Thanks!
  • Balding Bad
    • Jul 2013

Wow, you're experiencing ED but still keeping up with it? That's very bold of you.

To what extent is your ED? Are you able to achieve erections on occasion or is it completely dead down there?

Also, to what extent was your shedding?

Comment

• impact4000
      • Jan 2016

Well, some of what i've read suggests the effects wear off after an adjustment period. But it's a bit vague, how long, will it normalise or does continuing make it worse etc.

The ED isn't complete failure to launch, but very weak indeed. Can achieve, but not good for much interaction.

The shedding, didn't really do a count, but in the most affected area (crown/temples), density dropped by about 45%.

Comment

• Balding Bad
        • Jul 2013

I am no doctor, but if I were you I would probably stop using Fin immediately if you are experiencing weak erections. In my opinion that is the worst case scenario in terms of side effects!

Comment

• Follisket
          • Aug 2014

Well, it's your call, but for what it's worth, I got severe sides pretty quickly on fin and was determined to push through, hoping they would pass. They didn't and in fact only got worse, despite me cutting down to 0,25. I finally quit after only a month and even then, it took me over a year to recover to a somewhat acceptable degree.
          So while I don't regret trying fin, I do regret having stubbornly persisted in taking it despite the heavy (and escalating) sides.
          I guess if you want to give it a shot, try cutting first. Lowering the dose might be a good idea before dropping it anyway, as there's no telling how your body would react to stopping cold turkey - provided, of course, the sides aren't getting worse.

Comment

• tedwuji
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by impact4000
            Hi, just reached month 3 on fin (1mg daily).

The shedding seems to have stabilised.

Libido is v.good, but continuing ED/watery semen (!) The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Quit, cut down into 0.25mg daily or keep at it & hope sides pass/body adjusts?

Any suggestions from experience?

Thanks!
            Try 1mg EOD.

Comment

• Johny41
              • Dec 2014

How long do you experience erection problems?

Comment

• topt
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Balding Bad
                I am no doctor, but if I were you I would probably stop using Fin immediately if you are experiencing weak erections. In my opinion that is the worst case scenario in terms of side effects!
                not even close.

Comment

• Balding Bad
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by topt
                  not even close.
                  What could be possibly worse than being unable to use your manhood?

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Balding Bad
                    What could be possibly worse than being unable to use your manhood?
                    Post finasteride syndrome.

Incredibly rare, but it's severe with many significant symptoms.

Disclaimer: PFS hasn't been biologically proven to exist. Certainly seems possible to me as a biologist, but I would agree with leading researchers that it's a genetic predisposition. Only thing that makes sense considering how many take finasteride and are just fine.

In my opinion if you can't get an erection you should see your doctor immediately to discuss discontinuation after ruling out possible psychological causes.

Comment

• tedwuji
                      • Jun 2014

see your doc and ask him about trying 1mg EOD, seriously.

Comment

Working...