Will an official cure ever be found? Honestly - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Will an official cure ever be found? Honestly

I feel like we've all been told for years they're working on treatment they're working on the cure very soon they are going to find a cure. Blah blah blah! Do you guys honestly think A cure will ever be reached in our lifetime?

Probably yes, or at least a great treatment that stops the balding process dead in its tracks (not regrowth.)

Wouldnt surprise me if it's found by accident - an angle we're not looking at. Much like fin and minox were discovered by accident to benefit hair there is a good chance the next big thing will be from something totally unintentional.

Will there be something in our lifetime? Sure. Will it be FDA approved and on the market before this generation of forum users go totally bald? Less likely, but let's stay hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by boldat25 View Post
    I feel like we've all been told for years they're working on treatment they're working on the cure very soon they are going to find a cure. Blah blah blah! Do you guys honestly think A cure will ever be reached in our lifetime?
    What is the definition of "our lifetime?" 40 years? 50 years? 60 years? Absolutely. Sooner than that? Probably, but who knows how much sooner.

No there wont be. Let your hair go and become a rich doctor. Then run off the plug twice lol

Quote Originally Posted by boldat25 View Post
    I feel like we've all been told for years they're working on treatment they're working on the cure (...)
    Yeah, all four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Follisket View Post
    Yeah, all four of them.
    More like 20 years we've been teased with "breakthroughs".

Anyone with a brain that wants hair is on Fin, everyone else is going to end up bald and disappointed.

I'm not a fan of playing with my hormones but I'd rather suffer mild sides than be "the bald guy".

I also agree with Notgivingup, it will likely be found accidentally during research or medicines treating conditions society actually cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    I also agree with Notgivingup, it will likely be found accidentally during research
    I don't know why this seems the more likely route when deliberate efforts based on ever-improving understanding of hair follicle science have been underway for a good few years now, by many teams with differing approaches. As far as I'm aware, some apparent facts are:

- Bimatoprost confirmed to work and works somewhat better than minoxidil, one trial round away from release, already bought out by Allergan.
    - Setipiprant also believed to be promising, also already acquired by Allergan, suspected to enhance effectiveness of Bimatoprost.
    - SM04554 preliminary news is that it works (having been tested on high norwoods, significantly), two trial rounds away from release.
    - Histogen confirmed work with very significant results, assuming they haven't added fake hair to the heads they've photographed, and have been making bold statements about release dates, one trial round away from release.
    - Replicel haven't released any news on efficacy for a long time, but have supposedly improved their approach from the unimpressive results from years ago and have recently partnered with Shiseido and have recently been making bold statements about release dates (both Replicel and Histogen claiming 2018 releases as things stand). One trial round away from release.
    - Pilofocus allegedly offers regrowth of extracted follicles from a preliminary trial, although not confirmed. A few trial rounds away from release regardless of this as a scarless hair transplant option with higher graft survival rates than FUE. Which makes getting a transplant less of a gamble and expands what can be achieved with a transplant.

More like 20 years we've been teased with "breakthroughs".
    I was actually refering to the number of researchers working on the degeneracy

Anyone with a brain that wants hair is on Fin, everyone else is going to end up bald and disappointed.

I'm not a fan of playing with my hormones but I'd rather suffer mild sides than be "the bald guy".
    So would I. Though sadly, I don't consider complete impotence and a shrunken ice cold penis a mild side effect. I understand there's people who don't seem to be getting any sides on fin - or suffer only mild ones - but implying that those of us not on fin are brainless and deserve baldness is total d*ckage.
    It's bad enough having no treatment to halt or slow down hair loss without having to deal with ignorant comments like that.

The vast majority of men don't suffer complete impotence. My comment is aimed at those so terrified to even try the only thing that works, yet claim they care about their hair. I bet they don't shy from taking cold medicine or Tylenol, drugs that actually kill people every year.

If you get severe side effects that sucks and I feel for you. But you won't find some new magic cure perusing the forum every day. When something comes out that works you'll hear about it.

I apologize to those whom can't tolerate fin, my comment was not directed at that minority. I was speaking to those whom haven't even tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I don't know why this seems the more likely route when deliberate efforts based on ever-improving understanding of hair follicle science have been underway for a good few years now, by many teams with differing approaches. As far as I'm aware, some apparent facts are:

- Bimatoprost confirmed to work and works somewhat better than minoxidil, one trial round away from release, already bought out by Allergan.
    - Setipiprant also believed to be promising, also already acquired by Allergan, suspected to enhance effectiveness of Bimatoprost.
    - SM04554 preliminary news is that it works (having been tested on high norwoods, significantly), two trial rounds away from release.
    - Histogen confirmed work with very significant results, assuming they haven't added fake hair to the heads they've photographed, and have been making bold statements about release dates, one trial round away from release.
    - Replicel haven't released any news on efficacy for a long time, but have supposedly improved their approach from the unimpressive results from years ago and have recently partnered with Shiseido and have recently been making bold statements about release dates (both Replicel and Histogen claiming 2018 releases as things stand). One trial round away from release.
    - Pilofocus allegedly offers regrowth of extracted follicles from a preliminary trial, although not confirmed. A few trial rounds away from release regardless of this as a scarless hair transplant option with higher graft survival rates than FUE. Which makes getting a transplant less of a gamble and expands what can be achieved with a transplant.
    What's the one thing in common they all have? None have made it to phase 3 trials. No drug since finasteride has. Let's talk when they make it to p3, let alone prove they work.

I want a new treatment as much as anybody else, but let's be realistic here.