+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

What about Follica? Any news?

One of the things hair needs is collagen. One form of collagen is called biosil that can be bought at the drug store. It has no side effects and it is working for me. I wasn't completely bald but my shiny scalp was showing through at my crown in a big way. My hair has stopped falling out and is now growing back. Has anyone else tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by hairloss2thickhair View Post
    One of the things hair needs is collagen. One form of collagen is called biosil that can be bought at the drug store. It has no side effects and it is working for me. I wasn't completely bald but my shiny scalp was showing through at my crown in a big way. My hair has stopped falling out and is now growing back. Has anyone else tried this?
    Can we see pictures of your results please?

The one treatment I am sorry wasn't further investigated for hairloss (at least in the US) is Bimaprost.

It's very possible if scientists estimated the correct dosages, when it first came out, we would have it at this time. We will never know, unfortunately.

It seems to me that the closest thing to a cure is the advancement of FUE, which is acually not a cure. It's getting cheaper and if you go to the right doctor and have the right amount of donor hair, you can have an FUE that looks 100% natural and undetectable. But again, it's not a cure because all the stars have to align for it to be 100% successful (undetectable and satisfying).

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    It seems to me that the closest thing to a cure is the advancement of FUE, which is acually not a cure. It's getting cheaper and if you go to the right doctor and have the right amount of donor hair, you can have an FUE that looks 100% natural and undetectable. But again, it's not a cure because all the stars have to align for it to be 100% successful (undetectable and satisfying).
    Speaking of "stars" if something actually worked people with endless ammounts of money like John Travolta and Kevin Costner wouldn't be wearing horrabale looking hair pieces.

Default Possible cure of mpb

hi all of u guys
    there will be a cure definitely BUT THE THING IS WHEN?????
    i wish it happens by 2020 a bit superstitous here (2020 the no. is unique)
    but i have some theory of male pattern baldness

FIRST--- HT is not a cure its a cover up and it never works look at ROONEY
    SECOND---topical solution wont do much difference (WASTE OF TIME)
    THIRD----DHT alone is not the sole cause WE ALL KNOW THIS BY NOW. FINASTERIDE just halts the process or slows it down(the latter most of the time.)
    FOURTH---SKULL EXPANSION has a direct connection to MPB.

here is my theory
    to treat maale pattern baldness-----------------------

skull has to do a lot with it
    and the thing is we cant do anything about the skull
    it will f*ckin grow and we cant stop it or reduce it(IMP--SCAPL EXC. wont help at all)

look at the skin of the forehead and at the back. There's a f*ckin diff. in the thickness
    so big head means MPB
    i kind of dont buy it myself

so what's the problem with us(balding guys)
    ANSWER-- our skull(due to bad genes) continued to grow even after puberty. If it had grown to its max before puberty we wud have full hair.

**remember from birth to teenage we had significant skull growth but we didn't go bald at that time so why now???
    ** remember during puberty only, our hairline was defined to the max. Before that there was no fixed hairline (sort of improving hairline)

so the conclusion is---
    we have to thicken up the skin lying over the skull and activate the hair follicle just the same way it was activated during puberty.
    It has to be injections and no oral medication. The cause of MPB is a targetted location(i.e. skin over the skull)

Interestingly, Histogen and follica are the only one who are going on the right path.

HISTOGEN--- is trying to develop embryonic condition in the scalp by injection so that new follicles will grow (note-- only in embryonic condition stem cells divide into any kind of cells and hair follicle are formed once in our lifetime and it happens in an embryo only)

ALL THE BEST HISTOGEN

FOLLICA--they will make cuts in your scalp and apply some topical there by which cells will be able to decide whether to make new cells at the cut site or new hair follicle. In the presence of that topical they will produce hair only.NICE
    but DOWNSIDE-- how many cuts do we have to make, man?
    there will be a point where skin will think of doing nothing because too much cuts will destroy the skin.(** remember- if u have a long cut, you will have to go for a stitch, cells wont regrow on its own, you will have to bind them together)

SO ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST HISTOGEN

i hope this will convince anyone that there will be a cure definitely.

WE NEED TO BE PATIENT AND STRONG.

i know how world treats bald or balding guys though its not our fault.

I remember back during the mid 70's and 80's during my BIG HAIR Band das we all had insane thick heads of hair and thought for sur by the time we got ino our thirties forties and fifties (I'm about to turn 59) for sure there would be a solid CURE!
    Back in the late 70's there was a topic product called Biogenisis that looked like Semen and did absolutely NOTHING. Then there was a pill called Head Start that also did nothing then jars of Biotin gel to rub on one's scalp that also did nothing. I remember back in the mid 90's still having a crazy thick head of hair trying Propecia Spay and even took the pills too...never stayed with it as it messed with my sex drive big time. Honestly and again back when I was in my early 20s and rocking out all over the country I thought for sure Baldness would be fully reversible and cured. Sad reality, it isnt. Now almost 59 and especially during the past year I have been experacing and noticing thinning hair. My Stress levels during the past year has been off the charts...is there a conception between yhe two?

Sorry for the typo...I meant connection between stress and hair loss.

Yes, there is a connection. For me anyway. Every time I am under a lot of stress, my hair starts to fall out. The first time this happened,my doctor told me to take 1 multi vitamin daily, 1000 mg of calcium containing magnesium daily, 3 capsules of evening primrose daily and 2 alfalfa tablets twice a day. I continued to take this until the stress was reduced in my life, even after my hair grew back, to keep it from falling out again. The next time my hair fell out, my doctor told me to take BioSil and my hair grew back in. Over the last 2 years I have been under the most stress I have ever experienced and my hair started to fall out again. I quickly started taking BioSil again and my hair has stopped falling out and I think is starting to grow in. Of course the most important thing to do is get rid of stress which isn't always easy.
    We are all different and what works for one might not work for everyone. Thanks for listening to my story. I am always open to hear from others and what they have tried that worked or didn't work. Suggestions are always helpful. Have a great day. hairloss2thickhair.