+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I know, I'm wanting to be as cautious as possible which is why, as I say, I've stuck to what appear to be facts as of Jan 7th 2016. As far as I'm aware, none of what I said in that post is speculation from me or any other forum user, just "official" news. If those 'facts' come off sounding like reason for optimism then so be it.
    Hi, thanks for listing all the possible treatments. You mentioned expected release dates for some.
    But could you please tell me the dates for all the other treatments?

I can't find anything, whenever I search for a treatment there is just a ton of spiteful comments with no actual information

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    I don't know why this seems the more likely route when deliberate efforts based on ever-improving understanding of hair follicle science have been underway for a good few years now, by many teams with differing approaches. As far as I'm aware, some apparent facts are:

- Bimatoprost confirmed to work and works somewhat better than minoxidil, one trial round away from release, already bought out by Allergan.
    - Setipiprant also believed to be promising, also already acquired by Allergan, suspected to enhance effectiveness of Bimatoprost.
    - SM04554 preliminary news is that it works (having been tested on high norwoods, significantly), two trial rounds away from release.
    - Histogen confirmed work with very significant results, assuming they haven't added fake hair to the heads they've photographed, and have been making bold statements about release dates, one trial round away from release.
    - Replicel haven't released any news on efficacy for a long time, but have supposedly improved their approach from the unimpressive results from years ago and have recently partnered with Shiseido and have recently been making bold statements about release dates (both Replicel and Histogen claiming 2018 releases as things stand). One trial round away from release.
    - Pilofocus allegedly offers regrowth of extracted follicles from a preliminary trial, although not confirmed. A few trial rounds away from release regardless of this as a scarless hair transplant option with higher graft survival rates than FUE. Which makes getting a transplant less of a gamble and expands what can be achieved with a transplant.
    Actually, Histogen (Gail Naughton) stated that HSC would be available 18-24 months earlier outside the US. So they are probably referring to the US when they say 2018. They also mentioned that phase 3 would (most likely) be conducted in 2016, which basicly means that HSC could hit the market in 2017.

If your talking regrowth of all your hair then my guess is decades like 2+ or maybe not our life times. The more we see the more I start to put the idea of cure farther back despite the progress made so far. Its just that hard to do, and that much stuff to all work to make it happen. Like others said there will probably be better treatments much sooner than that. I just would not count on some stem cell/hair multiplication cure for a long long time. An oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure couldnt be more true. If you value your hair then keep what you have right now dont wait.

I think we are going to see enormous advancements in the hair transplant industry within the next few years. It will lower cost, and increase yield and increase graft survival. Save up. In five years you will be able to get a nearly full head of hair at a relatively reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguyhanging View Post
    then my comment to you why do you wanna put your health at risk by taking this pill everyday for the rest of your life? Once you start, you are in for life.. no way out.. taking a certain drug for a quite extended period doesnt seem logical to me either
    Uh because I've been on for 3 years with no sides and I'd have lost most of it by now as a diffuser? It works.

Only people who spread the fact it's going to make you impotent are the old bald men who regurgitate false information bitterly because they were too scared leading to this loop you see?

Take it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I think we are going to see enormous advancements in the hair transplant industry within the next few years. It will lower cost, and increase yield and increase graft survival. Save up. In five years you will be able to get a nearly full head of hair at a relatively reasonable price.
    I think this is highly likely. The continued refinement of robotics in hair restoration will result in very high quality transplants at lower costs. Pilofocus is very exciting, though I think it will take a long time (5 years+) to become widely available. A combination of piloscopy and robotics will be the holly grail of hair restoration, particularly if piloscopy results in some regrowth at the donor area. There will be a couple solid options in about ten to fifteen years, from transplants to pharma protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    Hi, thanks for listing all the possible treatments. You mentioned expected release dates for some.
    But could you please tell me the dates for all the other treatments?

I can't find anything, whenever I search for a treatment there is just a ton of spiteful comments with no actual information
    First of all that wasn't all possible treatments, it's just that those are the things for which positive news has been recently released. There are other approaches such as the chemical CB0301, or the company Follica, that could turn out successfully, but I'm not aware of anything like concrete news or impressive 'after' photos being released.

Also I'm only willing to repeat the dates that have been told by the spokespeople of those two companies, Histogen and Replicel. Regarding the part I highlighted in bold, it's worth noting that the general opinion on these forums was that Histogen was dead and buried, then they came out with the most impressive apparent results and fighting talk that I am aware of - from a woman who has already overseen other sucessful products come to market. So I'm so unwilling to look at anything other than official statements from now on, no matter how plausible any layperson internet talk might sound.

Each thing I listed still needs either a trial phase 3, or phase 2 and 3, (even more than that for pilofocus I think -that one is being tested now but I'm unsure what phase trial number that counts as) - and as far as I can these phase trials don't have a rigid timeline, especially in the gap between phases where data is being analysed and the next phase is being planned and recruited for.

Once a trial phase is announced it is made public how long that trial will run for though. Plus there's all this talk of "21st century cures act" which should speed up the trial process in the US for some things, and then there's trials in other countries with less regulation than the US (ie. why Histogen is claiming they'll release their product in Japan and Mexico first). So I think any timeline spoken of by a forum user (rather than a google-able trial registration webpage or a official spokesperson involved with a trial) should be treated as a rough guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanXproject View Post
    Actually, Histogen (Gail Naughton) stated that HSC would be available 18-24 months earlier outside the US. So they are probably referring to the US when they say 2018. They also mentioned that phase 3 would (most likely) be conducted in 2016, which basicly means that HSC could hit the market in 2017.
    I think she said Japan and Mexico would be about 2 years from when she was interviewed and the US 2 years later, so yeah that's late 2015 + 2 = late 2017. If it does ever come to market then I'm expecting it to take a bit longer than what she has told us, because that's just how things always seem to go. But that's just me speculating as a forum user so...

And 'if' something does come along, most likely it will be so over priced only the wealthy will be able to afford it.

Been on fin for 9 years now. No sides, unless you count keeping your hair one.

I want a cure, no more "stopping or maintaining what I got." Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    I think this is highly likely. The continued refinement of robotics in hair restoration will result in very high quality transplants at lower costs. Pilofocus is very exciting, though I think it will take a long time (5 years+) to become widely available. A combination of piloscopy and robotics will be the holly grail of hair restoration, particularly if piloscopy results in some regrowth at the donor area. There will be a couple solid options in about ten to fifteen years, from transplants to pharma protocols.
    My dream is one day, everything will be SO advanced through robotics and hair restoration will be extremely specific. As in, you can determine the EXACT number of donor available for use and through a computer program "design" the exact density, placement and pattern of hair. Once inputted, the robot does EVERYTHING - extract donor follicles with exact precision, create recipient sites at EXACT angles with the correct density for all areas of scalp and places them as WELL.. all done with such precision that graft survival and transection is NOT even an issue...Also, less technicians, after getting the robots and software then less overhead, less guess work... that's my dream! Who thinks something like this could ever be possible?