+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

i think "hair systems" manufacturers have nothing to worry about, at least not for the next decade.
    between looking like a d*** and using a 400$ "hair system" every 3 months, the choice is easy (at least for me).
    i hope that unlike me, most of you guys can pull the bald look because you'll be having it for a while.

happy new year!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerbose View Post
    i think "hair systems" manufacturers have nothing to worry about, at least not for the next decade.
    between looking like a d*** and using a 400$ "hair system" every 3 months, the choice is easy (at least for me).
    i hope that unlike me, most of you guys can pull the bald look because you'll be having it for a while.

happy new year!

You to.

I feel as hopeless and F***ED as everybody else here. Progesterone is the only
    thing I found this year to help me. Even that is slow.

Histogen read about in 2011. I really hope there doing FDA trials right now in the US.

Who knows.

Kyoreca has to make the hair thinner when they "clone" or half the hair follicle.

Yeah I think your talking decades like 20+ years minimum before even discussing some kind of NW 7 to NW 1 magic cure. Cure isnt even a word worth talking about yet. We should be talking about maintance, and ways to keep hair you have now because that is going to be much easier, and even that is turning out to be a big battle. 25+ years from fin and still really nothing better.
    We might not ever cure MPB in our life times 40+ years its certainly not set in stone like lots of people say if its even possible to ever do

20 years sounds like a really conservative guess given what Tsuji & co. are doing now and planning to do relatively soon.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    20 years sounds like a really conservative guess given what Tsuji & co. are doing now and planning to do relatively soon.
    Exactly. I don't understand all this negativity. They literally have a cure in the works, with a solid timeline.

Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post

If it works they will be out in 2020. Keep in mind, even if it works, it will make existing
    hair thinner. It is cutting the root from the bulb, in half, if my understanding is correct.

Just because there might be a "cure", it doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Which is something that should be kept in mind to manage expectations.

i remember i was just researching something on saw palmetto or something like that and came across a forum posting from 2010. In it someones referencing saw palmetto and they make a statement like "in 5 years time MAX the cure will be here anyways"

Nope, sorry guy it wont.

First off.... is a "cure" (and i hate calling it that like we have some kinda disease, just call it a fix) financially smart for any company? At most i see some type of treatment you need to come back multiple times for (and i'd be ok with that) but seriously... hair loss products are big business. Just look at how many mainly useless weight loss products are on the market...

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    If it works they will be out in 2020. Keep in mind, even if it works, it will make existing
    hair thinner. It is cutting the root from the bulb, in half, if my understanding is correct.
    I think you're thinking of something else. Tsuji is essentially taking a small number of two types of cell, multiplying them, mixing them together and having them spontaneously form new follicles. If I'm not mistaken the only real issue is the multiplication; the cells lose their magic after dividing a few times. Also I think they plan full-scale human trials by about 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkers2 View Post
    i remember i was just researching something on saw palmetto or something like that and came across a forum posting from 2010. In it someones referencing saw palmetto and they make a statement like "in 5 years time MAX the cure will be here anyways"

Nope, sorry guy it wont.

First off.... is a "cure" (and i hate calling it that like we have some kinda disease, just call it a fix) financially smart for any company? At most i see some type of treatment you need to come back multiple times for (and i'd be ok with that) but seriously... hair loss products are big business. Just look at how many mainly useless weight loss products are on the market...
    Hair loss products are big business and the current ones don't even work. The one that eventually does will bring obscene profits, that's the incentive.

Tsuji is an idiot, he's still trying the same approach of intercytex which failed miserably...the whole world knows that if you try to multiply DP cells you lose their functionality...the only thing to do is to take with a biopsy a flap of skin ( or of fat tissue ) and transform its cells to DP cells and epithelial cells, in this way the cells maintain their integrity and their quantity is unlimited...i don't understand why continue to lose time and money with these bankruptcy approaches

I don't want to believe in the world there isn't at least one scientist that try to do this, the cure is already but i fear we'll have to wait many years again