+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 5 years of worrying - unsure if i'm going bald.

For 5 years I've been worried and stressed with hair. I've been through times where I've been certain I'm going bald and times where I don't think I'm going bald. I have OCD so I really stress and over think a lot of things. My dad is nearly 70 and has a full head of hair, my mums side are mainly Norwood 3 +.

Everyone in my family, friends, girlfriend tells me that my hair is absolutely fine and nothing is changed. So far I find my hair acceptable and looks fine, but the worries that I have are that I'm slowly thinning or losing hair.

I've checked pictures from when I was younger and compared with pictures from 5 years ago and I don't see any major change with hairline position, but I'm not sure if the thickness of my hair has changed as when I look in 2 mirrors under a light I sometimes think the back of my hair is thicker, which then makes me think I'm thinning on top.

Here are some pictures which I would like everyone else's opinion on as I'm really confused sometimes as I can see a pattern almost on the top of my head of where a man would lose their hair if they were suffering from MPB.
    I recently shaved my hair quite short.

Thank you.Attachment 44001Attachment 44002Attachment 44003Attachment 44004Attachment 44005Attachment 44006Attachment 44007Attachment 44008Attachment 44009

Added one wrong picture at the bottom.

You have a full head of hair. Stop worrying

the last picture shows very clearly that you have nothing to worry about. If you are worrying already for 5 years and your hair looks still like that then I would not worry much about your hair.

In case you are worried about your density you should take some shampoos or conditioners that make your hair look thicker. For some Biotin also works to improve growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post
    the last picture shows very clearly that you have nothing to worry about. If you are worrying already for 5 years and your hair looks still like that then I would not worry much about your hair.

In case you are worried about your density you should take some shampoos or conditioners that make your hair look thicker. For some Biotin also works to improve growth.
    It's the 5th picture where I stand under a light with two mirrors to look at the top of my head and then I can see the scalp (i know my hair is very short) but it still worries me. I just don't know if it's normal to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairmore View Post

I don't think he should worry, but in the pictures on top a distinct MPB pattern is forming. How can you guys not see this? The other pictures look fine, but look at the one to the top right.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I don't think he should worry, but in the pictures on top a distinct MPB pattern is forming. How can you guys not see this? The other pictures look fine, but look at the one to the top right.
    I also agree that I can see a pattern which makes me wonder what is going on. My doctor told me I just have a double crown or double cowlick. It really makes things more confusing.

If your second guessing it or unsure than you basically dont have it. When you have MPB you will obviously see it and know you have it if you half way pay attention once in a while. Maybe you catch it later on when its a little worse, but you will be sure verses unsure. Hard to miss it actually

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    If your second guessing it or unsure than you basically dont have it. When you have MPB you will obviously see it and know you have it if you half way pay attention once in a while. Maybe you catch it later on when its a little worse, but you will be sure verses unsure. Hard to miss it actually
    True-most of the time, but a lot of people don't really want to see what is there. In the picture on the top right, second from the last, the MPB pattern is distinctly clear, filling up a good portion of the crown and starting in the midscalp.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    True-most of the time, but a lot of people don't really want to see what is there. In the picture on the top right, second from the last, the MPB pattern is distinctly clear, filling up a good portion of the crown and starting in the midscalp.
    correction - top all the way to the right. the picture of the top of his head under good lighting.