+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 0.25mg of propecia log.

So a while back there were some of you asking about the effectiveness of .25mg of fin.

After 10 months of hairloss I have decided to take a major step in fighting it and about 40 minutes ago I took my first dose of propecia which I obtained from a certain UK online pharmacy.

I have battled with this decision long and hard but recently, I have realised I can either continue to do nothing and watch my hairline become weaker and weaker, or I can take serious steps at preventing any further loss.

I am starting with Desmond's dose, .25mg on Mondays and Thursdays. After a short of period of time I expect to up it to .25mg 3 times a week, but we shall see.

My aim is to maintain. Regrowth would be a bonus but at this stage I still have undetectable hairloss to most. I also hope to destroy the itch and burn that many of us suffer. I touch my scalp currently and it feels bruised, it has since all this begun, it's insane.

My current situation is I am a NW1 heading to a NW2. My temples, in fact a lot of my forelock, have thinned drastically. A major bout of shedding which hasn't stopped since March of 2015 has hit me hard. That said, I still have good hair, thick in most areas, and my crown is not visible with my current hairstyle. I've caught it early and hopefully if I can at least halt my loss and maybe even thicken the existing hair, I can remain happy.

In regards to the obvious threat of sides people fear with fin - **** it. A low dose shall limit sides, and if I get them it shouldn't be too dramatic or hard to recover with such a low infrequent dose. I'm just taking the drug and putting it out of my head.

Desmond said his dose was effective, I'll be back to this thread in 3 months to let you know if anything has changed or not.

I'm not expecting a miracle, and I've read it may take a while, but for anyone debating whether to try fin or not, all I can is you'll never know until you try. If you want to save your hair, this is only 'proven' way we have. Even if I only buy myself time for a few years or so, I strongly believe in a new treatment (a treatment not a cure) before the end of the decade.

Stay strong brothers and thanks for reading. Fingers crossed.

Losing hair has worse sides than fin ever gave me.

Fin: lowered sex drive by about 30% Tiredness.

My hair at its worst and knowing it will get worse: Depression, social anxiety, lowered confidence thus lowered sex drive.

I've been taking 1mg a day for almost 4 months.

Good luck in your battle.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Losing hair has worse sides than fin ever gave me.

Fin: lowered sex drive by about 30% Tiredness.

My hair at its worst and knowing it will get worse: Depression, social anxiety, lowered confidence thus lowered sex drive.

I've been taking 1mg a day for almost 4 months.

Good luck in your battle.
    Had any positive results thus far?

Yeah I have, my hair is darker and my crown looks noticeably better already, view my started threads and scroll near the end of the "is it too late for me" thread to see my crown before and after at 3 months.

Update:

No sexual sides before you all start thinking it's typical case of imagining sides after two weeks.

So I'm about a week and a half in, and already things are starting to happen. My hair quality has dropped and although I'm not shedding more so than normal I would say the hair is weaker and more britle in places, oh and my head is on fire. The itch, burning and soreness I had before have amplified greatly.
    My scalp feels so painful to touch right now. This started whilst I was in the cinema last night and eased throughout the day, but has started to get bad again this evening.

I don't know if this is just an initial reaction that'll pass or what, but I took my pill today anyway and will wait to see what happens. I didn't think I'd be back to post about this until 3 months in but this is a development of sorts.

As mentioned, all is well in my genitals, my penis didn't fall off after one pill.

I'll post again if there are any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    So a while back there were some of you asking about the effectiveness of .25mg of fin.

After 10 months of hairloss I have decided to take a major step in fighting it and about 40 minutes ago I took my first dose of propecia which I obtained from a certain UK online pharmacy.

I have battled with this decision long and hard but recently, I have realised I can either continue to do nothing and watch my hairline become weaker and weaker, or I can take serious steps at preventing any further loss.

I am starting with Desmond's dose, .25mg on Mondays and Thursdays. After a short of period of time I expect to up it to .25mg 3 times a week, but we shall see.

My aim is to maintain. Regrowth would be a bonus but at this stage I still have undetectable hairloss to most. I also hope to destroy the itch and burn that many of us suffer. I touch my scalp currently and it feels bruised, it has since all this begun, it's insane.

My current situation is I am a NW1 heading to a NW2. My temples, in fact a lot of my forelock, have thinned drastically. A major bout of shedding which hasn't stopped since March of 2015 has hit me hard. That said, I still have good hair, thick in most areas, and my crown is not visible with my current hairstyle. I've caught it early and hopefully if I can at least halt my loss and maybe even thicken the existing hair, I can remain happy.

In regards to the obvious threat of sides people fear with fin - **** it. A low dose shall limit sides, and if I get them it shouldn't be too dramatic or hard to recover with such a low infrequent dose. I'm just taking the drug and putting it out of my head.

Desmond said his dose was effective, I'll be back to this thread in 3 months to let you know if anything has changed or not.

I'm not expecting a miracle, and I've read it may take a while, but for anyone debating whether to try fin or not, all I can is you'll never know until you try. If you want to save your hair, this is only 'proven' way we have. Even if I only buy myself time for a few years or so, I strongly believe in a new treatment (a treatment not a cure) before the end of the decade.

Stay strong brothers and thanks for reading. Fingers crossed.
    You do know that 0,25 does almost the same thing as 1 mg. The difference in sides and positives is almost none.

Quote Originally Posted by topt View Post
    You do know that 0,25 does almost the same thing as 1 mg. The difference in sides and positives is almost none.
    Operative word there being 'almost' brother.

The fact it almost does the same good as 1mg is a positive.

The fact it only almost has the same sides risk is also a positive.

when it comes to this, almost can be the difference.

6 week update.

I'm starting to think I might need to up the dose to 3 times a week. Monday's, Wednesday and Friday's.

I've had no increase or decrease in shedding thus far. I would expect to see some difference in this.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself here and sometimes seeing nothing is worse than seeing something good or bad.

In terms of sides - my boner is less firm. I have no issue getting hard, but getting rock solid and hard for long periods of time can be difficult. Nothing a little 36 hour magic pill can't fix for the weekend though.

All in all I don't know what I was expecting, I just have to be relaxed about this.

Yes up your dose to Monday, Wednesday and Friday. As far as erections...If you masturbate limit it down to only when you absolutely need it. That will help erections greatly. Give it a couple more months. My (mild) side effects seemed to subside after 4 months which is the same time that my hair seemed to improve.

Where is Desmond`s original post on this?
    I remember seeing it when he posted it but I cannot to find it.