Threaded View

Default 0.25mg of propecia log.

So a while back there were some of you asking about the effectiveness of .25mg of fin.

After 10 months of hairloss I have decided to take a major step in fighting it and about 40 minutes ago I took my first dose of propecia which I obtained from a certain UK online pharmacy.

I have battled with this decision long and hard but recently, I have realised I can either continue to do nothing and watch my hairline become weaker and weaker, or I can take serious steps at preventing any further loss.

I am starting with Desmond's dose, .25mg on Mondays and Thursdays. After a short of period of time I expect to up it to .25mg 3 times a week, but we shall see.

My aim is to maintain. Regrowth would be a bonus but at this stage I still have undetectable hairloss to most. I also hope to destroy the itch and burn that many of us suffer. I touch my scalp currently and it feels bruised, it has since all this begun, it's insane.

My current situation is I am a NW1 heading to a NW2. My temples, in fact a lot of my forelock, have thinned drastically. A major bout of shedding which hasn't stopped since March of 2015 has hit me hard. That said, I still have good hair, thick in most areas, and my crown is not visible with my current hairstyle. I've caught it early and hopefully if I can at least halt my loss and maybe even thicken the existing hair, I can remain happy.

In regards to the obvious threat of sides people fear with fin - **** it. A low dose shall limit sides, and if I get them it shouldn't be too dramatic or hard to recover with such a low infrequent dose. I'm just taking the drug and putting it out of my head.

Desmond said his dose was effective, I'll be back to this thread in 3 months to let you know if anything has changed or not.

I'm not expecting a miracle, and I've read it may take a while, but for anyone debating whether to try fin or not, all I can is you'll never know until you try. If you want to save your hair, this is only 'proven' way we have. Even if I only buy myself time for a few years or so, I strongly believe in a new treatment (a treatment not a cure) before the end of the decade.

Stay strong brothers and thanks for reading. Fingers crossed.