+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Not giving up View Post
    6 week update.

I'm starting to think I might need to up the dose to 3 times a week. Monday's, Wednesday and Friday's.

I've had no increase or decrease in shedding thus far. I would expect to see some difference in this.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself here and sometimes seeing nothing is worse than seeing something good or bad.

In terms of sides - my boner is less firm. I have no issue getting hard, but getting rock solid and hard for long periods of time can be difficult. Nothing a little 36 hour magic pill can't fix for the weekend though.

All in all I don't know what I was expecting, I just have to be relaxed about this.
    I wouldn't expect to see an increase or decrease in shedding for 3-4 months minimum. DHT is lowered immediately by the drug, but the hair has to cycle. after initiating telogen, it takes 3-4 months for the hair fiber to actually be released.

How is the itch/burn now?

Okay so I'm getting a bit concerned.

My hair has drastically gotten worse over a few days. My hairline was fully intact but now in a matter of days it has receded in the left corner. The middle of the hairline and pretty far back into the forelock has thinned drastically too.

This isn't in my head, it's just noticeable, styling my hair the same way looks very different and the hairline is weak, very weak.

Also, on days where I take propecia, my head is on fire, days when I don't, it's not so bad. I don't know what to think.

I need fin to work and so far all I've had is negative effects.

I didn't expect to see results by any stretch, and I anticipated a potential worsening of my hair initially, it's the burning that concerns me.

Every where I've seen people talk about this it's always bad news.

God I hope this passes

Okay so I'm getting a bit concerned.

My hair has drastically gotten worse over a few days. My hairline was fully intact but now in a matter of days it has receded in the left corner. The middle of the hairline and pretty far back into the forelock has thinned drastically too.

This isn't in my head, it's just noticeable, styling my hair the same way looks very different and the hairline is weak, very weak.

Also, on days where I take propecia, my head is on fire, days when I don't, it's not so bad. I don't know what to think.

I need fin to work and so far all I've had is negative effects.

I didn't expect to see results by any stretch, and I anticipated a potential worsening of my hair initially, it's the burning that concerns me.

Every where I've seen people talk about this it's always bad news.

God I hope this passes

Burning on Propecia is definitely not a good sign...

Okay so my hairline is ****ed. Probably about an inch or so all across my hairline is just scalp with the odd bit of hair thrown in. My left temple is destroyed.

Tbh, the density, that's the issue, it's awful. I'd rather be a NW2 with good density than a NW1 with see through hairline that I currently just about am.

The burning continues, especially when I take it. Thanks to the soreness I can tell what sort of Norwood I'm heading to, looks like a solid nw6. Diffused.

I'm so ****ing angry. This drug was meant to help, it's seemingly just making things worse.

Things were bad before but this is just insane.

This is getting me crazy depressed, all I can do is keep taking it, **** all else I can do and now I'm this far in there'd be no point stopping.

**** this shit.

Major shedding. Major MAJOR SHEDDING. I lost on average around 10-20 hairs in the shower id say over the last few months. Then today, easily 100+.

My hair quality is awful and my hairline is on the way out, my only hope is that this new shedding is the start of recovery. Or at least the halt of any further loss.

Still taking it 3 times a week. No real sexual sides. Boners not as firm but nothing a little pill hasn't solved when needed.

Very freaked out by the amount of hairs in my drain catcher, but we can only hope this is just the start of propecia kicking in, and not the start of it ****ing me up forever.

Another update:

I've been on holiday for a week in Greece, and I have no idea what's happened, but my hair is awful.

The shedding continues, but the quality of hair, the density, even the feel, it just feels awful.

It was poor before holiday, but today it just seems to have stepped it up a gear.

Holiday was bad enough, I barely went in the pool due to fear of getting my hair wet, and when I did get it wet I would quickly put a hat on the second I got out.

I'm in trouble, my entire hairline is week and see through, to make matters worse all the hair that is left seems thin, brittle and minaturised. My crown is covered by my style, but underneath I have a bald spot, not thinning anymore, just a bald spot.

I'm literally getting my assed kicked here, hairline receding, not just at temples. But all across it. Crown balding in a big way. And general difused thinning.

I had hoped this was propecia starting to work, but with so much miniaturisation at the front, I can't see how this will get better.

I would shave it, but I'm worried that'll actually just reveal more hairloss my hair is currently hiding.

Ah well, it was nice being young and pretty while it lasted. 25 years old and trying to juggle starting a career, future with the girlfriend, and possibly the most demoralising bullshit I've ever had to go through.

Sorry about the rant, i doubt people read it, just need to get it out my head. I just thought starting propecia would be the answer to my problems, maybe buy me 5 years and get to 30 looking like how I want to at least. I guess that isn't going to be the case at this rate, still early days supposedly on this drug, but so far, with the burning, the itch, the furthering of my loss, this isn't looking like a battle I can win.

Do you have any good quality before/after photos? It might help to see how your hairloss is progressing.

I'm not entirely sure how, but I'll figure it out and have them up before the weekend.