+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogaine

Default Rogaine

Why so many on this forum say rogaine does not interfere with the fundamental balding process when we don't even understand the process itself? I see on here all the time that "DHT this and DHT that" but if that were the case, why do many doctors say minoxidil can slow or stop the balding process?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Why so many on this forum say rogaine does not interfere with the fundamental balding process when we don't even understand the process itself? I see on here all the time that "DHT this and DHT that" but if that were the case, why do many doctors say minoxidil can slow or stop the balding process?
    It doesn't address the hormonal process but it clearly extends anagen phase thus slowing baldness.

Rogaine is effective according to studies, just much less effective at maintaining hair long term than finasteride.

Because they both act completely differently, using both is a potent attack at MPB.

Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    It doesn't address the hormonal process but it clearly extends anagen phase thus slowing baldness.

Rogaine is effective according to studies, just much less effective at maintaining hair long term than finasteride.

Because they both act completely differently, using both is a potent attack at MPB.

Hope this helped.
    So how long do you believe minox can keep the AVERAGE responder above baseline

2-5 years. But you have to understand that most of the hair keeping you above baseline is minox dependent hair and you will still thin all over gradually due to DHT choking your hair to death.

Don't make the same mistake so many others have. If you actually want your hair get on fin.

If you aren't willing to take any risks to change a genetic predisposition (incredibly powerful process) than you are fighting an uphill battle in the mud.

if you're counting on Minoxodil to keep all your hair until a superior treatment to finasteride is here, you're going to be full of regret later. Not a single drug since finasteride has ever even made it to phase 3. Could be waiting decades.

2-5 years. But you have to understand that most of the hair keeping you above baseline is minox dependent hair and you will still thin all over gradually due to DHT choking your hair to death.

Don't make the same mistake so many others have. If you actually want your hair get on fin.

If you aren't willing to take any risks to change a genetic predisposition (incredibly powerful process) than you are fighting an uphill battle in the mud.

if you're counting on Minoxodil to keep all your hair until a superior treatment to finasteride is here, you're going to be full of regret later. Not a single drug since finasteride has ever even made it to phase 3. Could be waiting decades.
    What about replicel? Histogen? I'm just very afraid of propecia. I'm about to be 20 years old. I'm just afraid of the side effects.

Neither replicel nor histogen have made it to phase 3 yet. Nor have they yet been proven effective.
    They are promising possible future treatments, nothing more, nothing less.

I was afraid of fin sides too. Been taking it almost 4 months and my sex drive is maybe 30% lower and I seem to get tired easier. To me that's worth knowing my hair isn't being strangled to death.

Before fin I was always super paranoid and depressed about my hair, which is almost exactly the same as yours. I was afraid to end up like my brother (nw6). That paranoid mentality also caused side effects.

In my personal opinion I think no drug is absolutely safe, but finasteride has a good safety profile. I was on Celexa for depression and it gave me way more severe sexual sides than fin gives me. The permanent side stories just don't convince me, there is not once case ever proven. Even the studies suggesting the possibility are just surveys of people who already claimed they had permanent sides, not people who were trailed from the start. Sounds like money from lawsuits are the real goal. The entire propecia help site has under 500 members, millions take fin. That would mean even if it's true it's soooooooooooo rare.

Edit: Also many of those on propecia help have recovered with time. Don't take my word for it go look at their recoveries page. That means that even in that small minority, not all of them were permanent.

Don't believe the hype, keep your hair.

Neither replicel nor histogen have made it to phase 3 yet. Nor have they yet been proven effective.
    They are promising possible future treatments, nothing more, nothing less.

I was afraid of fin sides too. Been taking it almost 4 months and my sex drive is maybe 30% lower and I seem to get tired easier. To me that's worth knowing my hair isn't being strangled to death.

Before fin I was always super paranoid and depressed about my hair, which is almost exactly the same as yours. I was afraid to end up like my brother (nw6). That paranoid mentality also caused side effects.

In my personal opinion I think no drug is absolutely safe, but finasteride has a good safety profile. I was on Celexa for depression and it gave me way more severe sexual sides than fin gives me. The permanent side stories just don't convince me, there is not once case ever proven. Even the studies suggesting the possibility are just surveys of people who already claimed they had permanent sides, not people who were trailed from the start. Sounds like money from lawsuits are the real goal. The entire propecia help site has under 500 members, millions take fin. That would mean even if it's true it's soooooooooooo rare.

Edit: Also many of those on propecia help have recovered with time. Don't take my word for it go look at their recoveries page. That means that even in that small minority, not all of them were permanent.

Don't believe the hype, keep your hair.
    Great advice man. What about mental side effects? Penile shrinkage? And replicel claims it will be ready by late 2018 and histogen late 2017

Never had any penile shrinkage lol... Never seen any reported in trials either, at least one person would have reported it.

About those treatments, they have to be approved before they are released. Also they will very likely cost thousands of dollars, and neither have shown any results superior to the best fin min results either. Talk is cheap, I've been hearing of the next big cure for 7 years lol, never comes. I am hopeful, but I'm not waiting to go bald while things are trailed.

Edit: FYI I also have clinical OCD and severe anxiety. If fin affected me mentally I would know lol. It does make me a bit sleepy though, not a big deal for me I just have an extra coffee.

Never had any penile shrinkage lol... Never seen any reported in trials either, at least one person would have reported it.

About those treatments, they have to be approved before they are released. Also they will very likely cost thousands of dollars, and neither have shown any results superior to the best fin min results either. Talk is cheap, I've been hearing of the next big cure for 7 years lol, never comes. I am hopeful, but I'm not waiting to go bald while things are trailed.

Edit: FYI I also have clinical OCD and severe anxiety. If fin affected me mentally I would know lol. It does make me a bit sleepy though, not a big deal for me I just have an extra coffee.
    Did you ever get blood work done before propecia? I'm getting my testosterone and DHT levels checked now before fin

Yeah I got my test levels, going in again at the 6 month mark. Don't worry so much man, we all die at the end anyway, enjoy your youth with hair imo.