+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair transplant mentor website

I have stumbled across jotronics website. I have listened to the show pretty regularly since discovering it back in august and I am a big fan of spencer and joe. I have been trying to use the websites "second opinion service" for members but have not been able to get my submission form to upload because I can't get past the CAPACHA section. Its where you have to try and decipher the code to prove you are not a robot. Does anyone know how to contact them? I have my procedure scheduled for jan 14th and 15th and I really want to try to talk to Joe or someone with HTM prior to it. I am on a Mac so maybe its because the website uses flash but im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by boldat25 View Post
    I have stumbled across jotronics website. I have listened to the show pretty regularly since discovering it back in august and I am a big fan of spencer and joe. I have been trying to use the websites "second opinion service" for members but have not been able to get my submission form to upload because I can't get past the CAPACHA section. Its where you have to try and decipher the code to prove you are not a robot. Does anyone know how to contact them? I have my procedure scheduled for jan 14th and 15th and I really want to try to talk to Joe or someone with HTM prior to it. I am on a Mac so maybe its because the website uses flash but im not sure.
    Hi bodat25,

Sorry about the CAPTCHA issue. I'll look into it and get back to you. In the meantime, you are welcome to call in to the show on Tuesday if you want. We'll be live again.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Hi bodat25,

Sorry about the CAPTCHA issue. I'll look into it and get back to you. In the meantime, you are welcome to call in to the show on Tuesday if you want. We'll be live again.
    Ok, I was wrong. We won't be live tonight as something came up. Fingers cross, we'll be back live next week.
    Joe Tillman

Joe! Thanks for the reply, I am a Huge fan. Ive followed your show very closely and typically listen to all the archives with my headphones while at work. I have made this post:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...good-candidate

It has pictures.

I am supposed to fly to Istanbul monday from NC to go to ASMED for 5000 FUE grafts. I am really nervous and want to make sure I am making the right choice. The work ive seen from the clinic looks good. I have not really talked to anyone in my personal life about my plans to get an HT. I only have these forums for advice. Any input you could provide would be very appreciated!!!! I was planning to call in tonight, Ill try to call in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by boldat25 View Post
    Joe! Thanks for the reply, I am a Huge fan. Ive followed your show very closely and typically listen to all the archives with my headphones while at work. I have made this post:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...good-candidate

It has pictures.

I am supposed to fly to Istanbul monday from NC to go to ASMED for 5000 FUE grafts. I am really nervous and want to make sure I am making the right choice. The work ive seen from the clinic looks good. I have not really talked to anyone in my personal life about my plans to get an HT. I only have these forums for advice. Any input you could provide would be very appreciated!!!! I was planning to call in tonight, Ill try to call in next week.
    I appreciate your comments I like Dr. Erdogan and I think he has a top notch operation. His clinic is beautiful, as is his staff, and everything about it is very modern and clean (which is a big deal to me). When I say his staff is beautiful, I mean it. It's like he has a bunch of models on hire just to walk around and distract you, lol! I spent several days in his clinic last June during the FUE conference and I got to spend some time with him. He's personable, engaging and smart.

I think that 5000 grafts has the potential to do a lot of good for you. However, I am not a fan of megasessions for FUE, or even FUSS for that matter, regardless of which clinic is doing the procedure. Surgeries fail and such failures are unpredictable and unavoidable. While one does reduce the chances of failure by choosing a clinic with a proven track record all clinics have massive failures in their history, whether it is documented publicly or not. The question anyone should ask when they are planning a surgery is;

1. What happens if this surgery fails?

2. Will I still be able to shave?

3. Will I still have an acceptable appearance?

4. Will I have enough donor hair to correct any failures from the previous failed procedure?

I think these are questions anyone should be asking themselves before hair transplant surgery. You owe it to yourself for the long term because that is what is at stake, the long term, be it with a successful hair transplant or a failed one.
    Joe Tillman

Hey Joe,

Question, I remember on HTN that you had a picture of a strip of 5000 grafts or something photoshopped to a picture. It was meant as a rough demonstration to display to what extent 5000 grafts can cover a bald head. Do you still have that picture? If so can you upload it and can I use it as a reference?

Thanks, Swooping.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Hey Joe,

Question, I remember on HTN that you had a picture of a strip of 5000 grafts or something photoshopped to a picture. It was meant as a rough demonstration to display to what extent 5000 grafts can cover a bald head. Do you still have that picture? If so can you upload it and can I use it as a reference?

Thanks, Swooping.
    Hi Swooping,

I have't thought of that pic is a long time but I think you or someone else asked me about in a year or so ago. Anyway, just for you, I spent an hour searching and I finally found it. Use it as much as you like

To recap, I made this image by taking a shot of my own head and then I photoshopped a NW6 pattern as if I never had any work done. I then did my best guesstimate of what a donor strip that contains 5000 grafts would look like if it were just placed on the top of my scalp without being dissected. The purpose is to show people just how little hair 5000 grafts is when compared to the surface area it is intended to cover.

Last edited by JoeTillman; 01-06-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    Joe Tillman

Hi Swooping,

I have't thought of that pic is a long time but I think you or someone else asked me about in a year or so ago. Anyway, just for you, I spent an hour searching and I finally found it. Use it as much as you like

To recap, I made this image by taking a shot of my own head and then I photoshopped a NW6 pattern as if I never had any work done. I then did my best guesstimate of what a donor strip that contains 5000 grafts would look like if it were just placed on the top of my scalp without being dissected. The purpose is to show people just how little hair 5000 grafts is when compared to the surface area it is intended to cover.

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/...ir-transplant/
    That's a good representation and reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. It may sound ridiculous, but have you ever encountered someone that requested a densely packed mohawk through HT?

Ha! Nothing ridiculous about the question at all. Yes, I have had this request but it was quickly shot down because of the FUSS scar. This was back when I still worked for Dr. Wong.
    Joe Tillman

I appreciate your comments I like Dr. Erdogan and I think he has a top notch operation. His clinic is beautiful, as is his staff, and everything about it is very modern and clean (which is a big deal to me). When I say his staff is beautiful, I mean it. It's like he has a bunch of models on hire just to walk around and distract you, lol! I spent several days in his clinic last June during the FUE conference and I got to spend some time with him. He's personable, engaging and smart.

I think that 5000 grafts has the potential to do a lot of good for you. However, I am not a fan of megasessions for FUE, or even FUSS for that matter, regardless of which clinic is doing the procedure. Surgeries fail and such failures are unpredictable and unavoidable. While one does reduce the chances of failure by choosing a clinic with a proven track record all clinics have massive failures in their history, whether it is documented publicly or not. The question anyone should ask when they are planning a surgery is;

1. What happens if this surgery fails?

2. Will I still be able to shave?

3. Will I still have an acceptable appearance?

4. Will I have enough donor hair to correct any failures from the previous failed procedure?

I think these are questions anyone should be asking themselves before hair transplant surgery. You owe it to yourself for the long term because that is what is at stake, the long term, be it with a successful hair transplant or a failed one.
    Joe thanks thats great perspective. Those are the questions I have been trying to ask myself but the fact is they are hard questions to answer, which is what makes this decision so difficult. There is an extremely high level of uncertainty about. It honestly feels like playing blackjack and you know about 80 percent of the cards that the dealer will pull next but still unsure about a few (maybe a bad analogy)

1. If the surgery fails..I don't know, I hope it wouldnt. If it did I would hope I would be able to go back to the shaved look that I currently sport without much difficulty. If I couldn't do that I'm really not sure what I would do. I guess I would have to look at what others had done in a similar situation and figured out what worked.

2. Again, Im not sure. I feel like I've spent countless hours trying to figure out the answer to that question. Dr. K uses a .6mm according the coordinator and uses the D.E.S. technique which supposedly prevents an ellipse by adjusting the angle after it is in the skin and reduces scarring? (maybe I have that backwards) Either way the fact they have a specific technique geared toward minimizing skin damage during extraction was a factor in my decision to consult with ASMED clinic. I would attempt to still shave my head. If the dots were bad to the point I would seek SMP or trichopigmentation I guess. These are questions ive tried to get others to help me answer.

3. If the surgery is a success I think I will love my appearance. If not and I have to cut it short again then im back to square 1 with the addition of some marks on the back of my head which would suck. How bad would it suck? Im not sure since I have not actually had to live that situation.

4. Im not sure what my donor capacity is. I think if I fly all the way out there and I am told my total donor is like 5500 grafts or something like that I would decide against the procedure and cut my losses. I would use the time there to visit in Istanbul which seems to be nice, although I must admit I am a little nervous about traveling there with the way the media has reported on the refugee crisis and anti-american propaganda in the region.

I guess in conclusion, theres no way for me to really grasp the gravity of the situation or decision to get an HT. I think a lot of people in my position have felt the same way. You really don't know what its going to be like until you do it. The pay off could be huge!!! if it it fails.. well the real question is would I be worse off than I am now? and if so by how much. These are questions I cant answer, I don't they can be answered by anyone. I Just wish I knew how far my hair loss will progress, Im 26 now. I wonder where Ill be at 36?