Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by boldat25 View Post
    Well Joe I got all the way to the airport this morning, stood there for about 20 minutes thinking everything over and I just felt in my gut that I shouldn't do it. So I got back in the car and went to work. Every single person that knew my plan told me not to do it. and then on here everyone presented the HT as huge risk. I kept thinking "what if this goes bad and destroys my scalp"? it just seems like a huge risk. Im only 26 no so i think i need to wait til im 30 before having anything done since my loss is so aggressive. I am pretty much a NW 6 as of now. I just think that having thin crappy hair would drive me more insane than just being liberated of the issue all together (like I am Now) Ill call into to the show tomorrow and describe my experience.
    Well, good for you. I think that if anyone can pull back and resist surgery and move forward then that is a good thing. From a business perspective, obviously it isn't, but what matters is your mental and physical well being. I commend you for listening to your gut. This happens a lot and most people push through and have results they are happy with but there is nothing wrong with doing what you did. I know it must have been difficult.

My advise would be to continue doing your research but if you still feel comfortable with Dr. Erdogan then make that trip to Istanbul and maybe talk to him about doing a smaller procedure if the larger one concerns you. Perhaps try 2500 for the front and then go from there. In the meantime, I don't recall, but are you taking meds? This is extremely important at this stage in the game because while you're already a NW6, being 26 means that statistically you're probably going to see NW7 in the next ten to fifteen years. Your loss is more advanced than my own was at the same age and I was a NW5 at 25 and a NW6 sometime by the age of 31. Dr. Wong put me on Proscar, 1/4 tablet EOD and that stopped me from getting worse and even made a slight improvement for my crown.

We will be live tomorrow (fingers crossed) so please do call in.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors