+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Are these finasteride sides?

Ive been on fin now for about 8th months and I'm noticing some things that I'm not sure if they're related to fin usage...

The last 8th months I've gained allot fat around mij waist (love handles). I've been quite skinny all my life, but it's getting quite noticable..

Also since starting finasteride, my digestion is different everyday (one day fine, the other day bad).

But the worst thing; I'm getting some real social anxiety problems... I've always been quite shy, but never really had a problem with it, could always stand my ground.

But lately I've had some real panic attacks during social things (racing heart beat (really high bpm), blushing)

You guys think this could have anything to do with finasteride usage?

I always took 1mg a day (proscar), last week started taking 0.5mg a day, but haven't noticed any difference...

Also, my hairline is still receding after 8 months...

Fin has been proven to be able to increase anxiety. The increased estrogen could hypothetically cause weight gain. Never seen any evidence of digestive problems though.

I've been on fin for around 3 months. I had some lowered libido that's gone now, I get tired more easily though, and watery semen. Not enough for me to stop. Going bald is basically automatic depression and anxiety for me.

If the anxiety is getting worse maybe try taking a week off it and see. A week won't hurt your hair.

Good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Fin has been proven to be able to increase anxiety. The increased estrogen could hypothetically cause weight gain. Never seen any evidence of digestive problems though.

I've been on fin for around 3 months. I had some lowered libido that's gone now, I get tired more easily though, and watery semen. Not enough for me to stop. Going bald is basically automatic depression and anxiety for me.

If the anxiety is getting worse maybe try taking a week off it and see. A week won't hurt your hair.

Good luck brother.
    Tiredness, that's the one I forgot. I could litteraly sleep any time of the day!
    Funny thing is I got no sexual side effects at all..

Really thinking about quiting the medicine. Starting to believe it's f**king me up..
    But I'm 23 and going bald is not quite pleasant too, but maybe when building some muscle at the gym better to deal with then the fina sides...

I dunno, sometimes I believe we care too much. I mean, there are alot of young people (in the twenties) who are going bald. And I can't imagine they are all taking sh*t like finasteride, they probably just accept it and don't give a sh*t...

Quote Originally Posted by w12345r View Post
    Ive been on fin now for about 8th months and I'm noticing some things that I'm not sure if they're related to fin usage...

The last 8th months I've gained allot fat around mij waist (love handles). I've been quite skinny all my life, but it's getting quite noticable..

Also since starting finasteride, my digestion is different everyday (one day fine, the other day bad).

But the worst thing; I'm getting some real social anxiety problems... I've always been quite shy, but never really had a problem with it, could always stand my ground.

But lately I've had some real panic attacks during social things (racing heart beat (really high bpm), blushing)

You guys think this could have anything to do with finasteride usage?

I always took 1mg a day (proscar), last week started taking 0.5mg a day, but haven't noticed any difference...

Also, my hairline is still receding after 8 months...
    been on fin for almost 10 months. One week I am tired as hell and sleep like a baby... the next week I have horrible insomnia.. literally, like clockwork.

Finasteride doesn't cause anxiety problems. Medical consultation before using Finasteride: if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
    Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast enlargement, lumps, pain, or tenderness; depression; nipple discharge; testicular pain.

In my opinion, anxiety problems are mostly caused by over-thinking and low self confidence. Men with hair loss are insecure that is a common reason for a panic attacks when in public.

side effects due to changes in the levels of hormones such as testosterone and estrogen. These side effects can include:

Reduced or absent libido (sexual desire)
    Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
    Shrinkage of testicles and penis
    Hot flashes, which may get better or even go away with time
    Breast tenderness and growth of breast tissue
    Osteoporosis (bone thinning), which can lead to broken bones
    Anemia (low red blood cell counts)
    Decreased mental sharpness
    Loss of muscle mass
    Weight gain
    Fatigue
    Increased cholesterol
    Depression

Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    In my opinion, anxiety problems are mostly caused by over-thinking and low self confidence. Men with hair loss are insecure that is a common reason for a panic attacks when in public.
    so how do you explain when they happen in the midlle of the night...

Quote Originally Posted by topt View Post
    so how do you explain when they happen in the midlle of the night...
    anyone that pretends they absolutely know every thing finasteride can do is full of crap. Reguratating things from the Merck study is useless.

I am not taking it but was seriously thinking about it. In the end I decided against it ( damn hard decision).