+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I need your help

hi guys , it has been 15 month that im taking propecia for a receding hairline , and now my hairline keep receding . Will it become better or should i stop?
    sry for my english im french.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Michel' !

First of all, your english is A-OK, you explained yourself well, no worries there.

You must keep in mind that finasteride (Propecia) takes time to show good results.
    Good results vary for everyone Michel' ..

Please tell me (and other helpful members), how old are you and can you post photos of your hairline,,front and back?
    Of course, you do NOT have to show your face online.

Cheers Michel'!! STAY POSITIVE!!

thanks man , im really desesperate right now and i needed someone to talk with and to explain my situation. I have got an appoitment with my doc in 2 days but he knows nothing .

So i'm 21 and I have been taking propecia for 15 month now . it was just for my receding temples and hairline .

And now im almost nw 3 at the temple and hairline , with no crown loss . I never had huge shedding but just my hairline which keep receding . And faster than ever . I have taken blood test and all is normal , my dht is very low and my testosterone is normal .

So i almost want to give up . I will post some pics really soon . THX to help me man

and im really disapointed because when i started i had a lot of vellu hair , me and my doc thought that i would become nw 1 again , so i don't understand . Because i catch my hairloss really early. Propecia thicken vellu hair , but in my case my hairline was destroyed . So i don't know what to do.

i really need some advice , i don't want to take a bad decision

No do not give up on ANYTHING in your life bro!
    All will be good ...you just have to 'step-back' a little bit and use common sense and the realities of all of our lives!
    So you are 21 years old now,,COOL!
    But I want you to realize something right now, the fact is that your brain has not yet completed its growing phase.
    That is the truth my friend, I am not trying to insult you so please consider my objective point of view ..
    The last part of everyone's brain to finish growing is the neocortex When that is completed then you have true foresight and then you get the ability to to predict the consequences of your actions.
    Your brain will finish growing around the mid to the late 20s.
    That is a fact of life..
    When you are that much older you WILL look back on how your life was.
    My point is this,, do not assume anything about your hair...stay calm and take whatever treatments that are available to you now.

thx for your help man, however my hairline is still receding , and ive tried minox for 5 month and i didn't resond well. Propecia was my ultimate solution . Do you think that result can appear after 15 month?

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    thx for your help man, however my hairline is still receding , and ive tried minox for 5 month and i didn't resond well. Propecia was my ultimate solution . Do you think that result can appear after 15 month?
    It seems like it's near impossible for any treatment to reverse or even stop the NW1 to 2 transition. Meds can hold at 2 for years though. NW1 temples are damn sensitive, that's why they're usually the first thing to go.

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    How quickly were you losing hair BEFORE propecia AND how quickly are you losing hair AFTER propecia?? - that's the only question you need to ask. If you have lost more hair after 15 months on propecia than you have in the 15 months BEFORE starting, then it's just not working. I would not keep taking it. You're only option now is to give up, or try dutasteride, which is more powerful and has more side effects.

Michel I suggest that you continue to stay on BOTH hair treatments and try not to worry.
    Also pick up that multivitamin Biotin!!
    That will also HELP your hair bro!!