+ Reply to Thread

Default Young patients??

hi guys. Was just wondering if anyone around the age of 19/23 has any experiences they could share with me regarding hair transplants. If any young guys out there have had transplants, I'd love to hear your thoughts and if it was worth it. How are you guys doing years down the line (that is if you are older now of course)? Any pictures would be awesome too!

Thank you!

transplants are NEVER recommended at that age and NO ETHICAL clinic would perform one.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    transplants are NEVER recommended at that age and NO ETHICAL clinic would perform one.
    I've seen quite a few things online before of guys having successful transplants at 22-24. I think the recommended age is 25 at least but I have seen younger.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    I've seen quite a few things online before of guys having successful transplants at 22-24. I think the recommended age is 25 at least but I have seen younger.
    I suppose it just matters on your degree of hair loss, your stabilization of hair loss, your expectations and mental maturity... I had none of these things going for me obviously and even at 31, it has scarred me for life! What is the extent of your hair loss? Have you stabalized with fin?

I suppose it just matters on your degree of hair loss, your stabilization of hair loss, your expectations and mental maturity... I had none of these things going for me obviously and even at 31, it has scarred me for life! What is the extent of your hair loss? Have you stabalized with fin?
    I'm a NW 2.5, diffuse thinning on top and a little on the crown too. That being said it is early days with the thinning on top and crown. I started fin 7 months ago and minox once a day 8 months ago and I'm seeing great improvements! Hairline looks a lot better and hair on the top of my head looks a lot fuller. That being said there are days when I look in the mirror and think.. Is it getting worse again?

My plan is to keep what I've got until I'm 25 and then get a transplant. I'm 20 now.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    I'm a NW 2.5, diffuse thinning on top and a little on the crown too. That being said it is early days with the thinning on top and crown. I started fin 7 months ago and minox once a day 8 months ago and I'm seeing great improvements! Hairline looks a lot better and hair on the top of my head looks a lot fuller. That being said there are days when I look in the mirror and think.. Is it getting worse again?

My plan is to keep what I've got until I'm 25 and then get a transplant. I'm 20 now.
    smart man... you have a solid plan! best of luck.

smart man... you have a solid plan! best of luck.
    Thanks man!