+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Did anyone defeated hairloss ?????? Yes (pics included)

I am 17 . I am too nervous about my hair loss .
    I have receded my hairline a lot and has thinning one right side of my head .
    Do anyone know any successful ways to fight hair loss .
    i don't want to hear about Propecia and minoxidil as far as i know it's effect are temporary .
    Is laser hair therapy recommended ???
    Will you suggest me hair transplant ???
    If anyone of you find a solution , please inform me !!!!

Do you think there is hope for me .
    Is there any effective treatment for keeping hair untill i get 50 years.
    Don't recommend me suicide .

Here is my pics Attachment 43915Attachment 43916Attachment 43917Attachment 43918Attachment 43919Attachment 43920Attachment 43921

I am too tensed because of the age it hit me .
    I am confused about my future.
    How can i live a life like this ?????

Quote Originally Posted by devilsmaycry View Post
    i don't want to hear about Propecia and minoxidil as far as i know it's effect are temporary .

Here is my pics Attachment 43915Attachment 43916Attachment 43917Attachment 43918Attachment 43919Attachment 43920Attachment 43921

Sry but you must take finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) or dutasteride (Avodart) no matter what else you do. The only other thing that MIGHT work are antiandrogens like spironolactone, bicalutamide, etc but the sides effects of these can be insane

The effects are not temporary even though you probably will still slowly lose hair after the first 3-5 years. These drugs will stop or slow down your hair loss as long as you use them unless you are a total nonresponder (extremely rare). I started aggressively losing hair in my early 20s, have been on fin for 5+ years & dut for 2-3. I am 30 now & can still make it look like I have good hair without people thinking I am balding, even though my hair loss has slowly progressed for the last few yrs. If I took no meds I would probably be a Norwood 4 or worse

BTW cut/style your hair as flattering as possible, it will make you feel better. There is no law that says you have to go through life w/ your hair combed back

I wouldn't listen to any advice other than you might have BDD... body dysmorphic disorder.. which means it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Your hair IS FINE!!! You should worry when you have actual hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I wouldn't listen to any advice other than you might have BDD... body dysmorphic disorder.. which means it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Your hair IS FINE!!! You should worry when you have actual hair loss.
    Kind of bullshit is that? Hes got the exact same pattern as i had when i was 21, am 22 now and its speeding up like hell.

The frontal hairline says enough, besides that- HE knows how his hair used to look like BEST.

TS all i can currently say is either take finasteride (and maybe combine with minoxidil) and wait for other future treatments so you can stop minox and fina

OR

Wait for a half year/year to see how the loss goes and then decide what you want to do. Just take it as it is, use meds, transplant (not recommended so young), shave your hair.

Like you ive currently got the same (bit worse) pattern but just since 6 months and it doesnt stop shedding its crazy. I never expected to be bald befote 50's, and all of a sudden the last 6 months ive got 70% hairs left with 100's falling out a day.

Scared to use finasteride because i'd still like to have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    Kind of bullshit is that? Hes got the exact same pattern as i had when i was 21, am 22 now and its speeding up like hell.

The frontal hairline says enough, besides that- HE knows how his hair used to look like BEST.
    because he has an incredibly thick head of hair and is saying things like, "how can I live a life like this?".. I am NOT saying he is not experiencing hair loss, it is just dramatized within his mind to an extent that will drive him mad. First, take care of that before you ruin your life with transplants and other treatments.

Take a good second look at the post you're quoting me on and the post you've just came up with.

Their completely in opposite of eachother.

Just be honest and realistic to people asking for help. Dont make it look like 'their ill and have a certain disorder' or tell them that 'there is no sign of loss at all' when you've just met the person without even meeting him/her. With that im saying that the people coming over here are doing so for a reason and are very self concious about their hair/hairline. If there is a change or problem with that they will most likely search for a solution online, which leads to posting a thread on forums like this. A lot of times you forget to mention important things, like noticing hairs in your styling gel jar or seeing hairs on your fingers when you run through your hair. Maybe he has experienced this but didnt mention it, yet posting pictures while he still has a full head of hair. See what im saying?

My grandmother AND doctor used to tell me all the time that my hair is great, theres just a maturing hairline everybody she knows has had, it's all in my head and theres nothing to worry about. This was 3 months ago but this month ive let them take a good look at my temples and crown, and clearly stated what i experienced without wanting a counter-answer - and all of a sudden i shouldnt worry about hair loss and my future since its a common prblem and there are enough solutions to it these days.

TS: you shouldnt worry to much but keep an eye on it if you feel that youre actually losing hair or your contours are changing rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    Take a good second look at the post you're quoting me on and the post you've just came up with.

Their completely in opposite of eachother.

Just be honest and realistic to people asking for help. Dont make it look like 'their ill and have a certain disorder' or tell them that 'there is no sign of loss at all' when you've just met the person without even meeting him/her. With that im saying that the people coming over here are doing so for a reason and are very self concious about their hair/hairline. If there is a change or problem with that they will most likely search for a solution online, which leads to posting a thread on forums like this. A lot of times you forget to mention important things, like noticing hairs in your styling gel jar or seeing hairs on your fingers when you run through your hair. Maybe he has experienced this but didnt mention it, yet posting pictures while he still has a full head of hair. See what im saying?

My grandmother AND doctor used to tell me all the time that my hair is great, theres just a maturing hairline everybody she knows has had, it's all in my head and theres nothing to worry about. This was 3 months ago but this month ive let them take a good look at my temples and crown, and clearly stated what i experienced without wanting a counter-answer - and all of a sudden i shouldnt worry about hair loss and my future since its a common prblem and there are enough solutions to it these days.

TS: you shouldnt worry to much but keep an eye on it if you feel that youre actually losing hair or your contours are changing rapidly.
    Going to have to agree with James on this. TC has been spamming nonsense on the forum instead of going to see a doctor since it's clearly affecting his mental health.

To TC: Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven ways to slow or reverse loss. If you don't use them you can only blame yourself for losing hair.

To answer your question: No. Nobody has ever beaten hair loss, even with medicine it's not possible to change your genetics. Make the best of the hand you're dealt. If you truly want to keep your hair get on finasteride. Go see a doctor first. Stop obsessing and making all these threads, it's not good for you or your hair.

Good luck.

Angry You can't judge me from the pics

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Going to have to agree with James on this. TC has been spamming nonsense on the forum instead of going to see a doctor since it's clearly affecting his mental health.

To TC: Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven ways to slow or reverse loss. If you don't use them you can only blame yourself for losing hair.

To answer your question: No. Nobody has ever beaten hair loss, even with medicine it's not possible to change your genetics. Make the best of the hand you're dealt. If you truly want to keep your hair get on finasteride. Go see a doctor first. Stop obsessing and making all these threads, it's not good for you or your hair.

Good luck.
    Even when I looked at the pics before posting in this form I felt like I had good hair.
    But it is not the case.
    Its because i blurred my face.
    No one would comment on my hair if i had normal hairline.
    But many of my classmates commented on it.
    You just thinks i am fine because you haven't seen me.
    I don't look like a 17 yrs old.
    I looks life 15 and I am small, my face is small , but my forehead is huge

Even when I looked at the pics before posting in this form I felt like I had good hair.
    But it is not the case.
    Its because i blurred my face.
    No one would comment on my hair if i had normal hairline.
    But many of my classmates commented on it.
    You just thinks i am fine because you haven't seen me.
    I don't look like a 17 yrs old.
    I looks life 15 and I am small, my face is small , but my forehead is huge
    You need to see a dermatologist. Nobody here can help you further.