Did anyone defeated hairloss ?????? Yes (pics included)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devilsmaycry
    • Dec 2015

Did anyone defeated hairloss ?????? Yes (pics included)

I am 17 . I am too nervous about my hair loss .
    I have receded my hairline a lot and has thinning one right side of my head .
    Do anyone know any successful ways to fight hair loss .
    i don't want to hear about Propecia and minoxidil as far as i know it's effect are temporary .
    Is laser hair therapy recommended ???
    Will you suggest me hair transplant ???
    If anyone of you find a solution , please inform me !!!!

Do you think there is hope for me .
    Is there any effective treatment for keeping hair untill i get 50 years.
    Don't recommend me suicide .

Here is my pics

I am too tensed because of the age it hit me .
    I am confused about my future.
    How can i live a life like this ?????
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by devilsmaycry
    i don't want to hear about Propecia and minoxidil as far as i know it's effect are temporary .

Here is my pics [ATTACH=CONFIG]43915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43921[/ATTACH]

Sry but you must take finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) or dutasteride (Avodart) no matter what else you do. The only other thing that MIGHT work are antiandrogens like spironolactone, bicalutamide, etc but the sides effects of these can be insane

The effects are not temporary even though you probably will still slowly lose hair after the first 3-5 years. These drugs will stop or slow down your hair loss as long as you use them unless you are a total nonresponder (extremely rare). I started aggressively losing hair in my early 20s, have been on fin for 5+ years & dut for 2-3. I am 30 now & can still make it look like I have good hair without people thinking I am balding, even though my hair loss has slowly progressed for the last few yrs. If I took no meds I would probably be a Norwood 4 or worse

BTW cut/style your hair as flattering as possible, it will make you feel better. There is no law that says you have to go through life w/ your hair combed back

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

Here is my pics [ATTACH=CONFIG]43915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43921[/ATTACH]

I wouldn't listen to any advice other than you might have BDD... body dysmorphic disorder.. which means it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Your hair IS FINE!!! You should worry when you have actual hair loss.

Comment

• Loony
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jamesst11
        I wouldn't listen to any advice other than you might have BDD... body dysmorphic disorder.. which means it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Your hair IS FINE!!! You should worry when you have actual hair loss.
        Kind of bullshit is that? Hes got the exact same pattern as i had when i was 21, am 22 now and its speeding up like hell.

The frontal hairline says enough, besides that- HE knows how his hair used to look like BEST.

Comment

• Loony
          • Dec 2015

TS all i can currently say is either take finasteride (and maybe combine with minoxidil) and wait for other future treatments so you can stop minox and fina

OR

Wait for a half year/year to see how the loss goes and then decide what you want to do. Just take it as it is, use meds, transplant (not recommended so young), shave your hair.

Like you ive currently got the same (bit worse) pattern but just since 6 months and it doesnt stop shedding its crazy. I never expected to be bald befote 50's, and all of a sudden the last 6 months ive got 70% hairs left with 100's falling out a day.

Scared to use finasteride because i'd still like to have children.

Comment

• jamesst11
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Loony
            Kind of bullshit is that? Hes got the exact same pattern as i had when i was 21, am 22 now and its speeding up like hell.

The frontal hairline says enough, besides that- HE knows how his hair used to look like BEST.
            because he has an incredibly thick head of hair and is saying things like, "how can I live a life like this?".. I am NOT saying he is not experiencing hair loss, it is just dramatized within his mind to an extent that will drive him mad. First, take care of that before you ruin your life with transplants and other treatments.

Comment

• Loony
              • Dec 2015

Take a good second look at the post you're quoting me on and the post you've just came up with.

Their completely in opposite of eachother.

Just be honest and realistic to people asking for help. Dont make it look like 'their ill and have a certain disorder' or tell them that 'there is no sign of loss at all' when you've just met the person without even meeting him/her. With that im saying that the people coming over here are doing so for a reason and are very self concious about their hair/hairline. If there is a change or problem with that they will most likely search for a solution online, which leads to posting a thread on forums like this. A lot of times you forget to mention important things, like noticing hairs in your styling gel jar or seeing hairs on your fingers when you run through your hair. Maybe he has experienced this but didnt mention it, yet posting pictures while he still has a full head of hair. See what im saying?

My grandmother AND doctor used to tell me all the time that my hair is great, theres just a maturing hairline everybody she knows has had, it's all in my head and theres nothing to worry about. This was 3 months ago but this month ive let them take a good look at my temples and crown, and clearly stated what i experienced without wanting a counter-answer - and all of a sudden i shouldnt worry about hair loss and my future since its a common prblem and there are enough solutions to it these days.

TS: you shouldnt worry to much but keep an eye on it if you feel that youre actually losing hair or your contours are changing rapidly.

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Loony
                Take a good second look at the post you're quoting me on and the post you've just came up with.

Their completely in opposite of eachother.

Just be honest and realistic to people asking for help. Dont make it look like 'their ill and have a certain disorder' or tell them that 'there is no sign of loss at all' when you've just met the person without even meeting him/her. With that im saying that the people coming over here are doing so for a reason and are very self concious about their hair/hairline. If there is a change or problem with that they will most likely search for a solution online, which leads to posting a thread on forums like this. A lot of times you forget to mention important things, like noticing hairs in your styling gel jar or seeing hairs on your fingers when you run through your hair. Maybe he has experienced this but didnt mention it, yet posting pictures while he still has a full head of hair. See what im saying?

My grandmother AND doctor used to tell me all the time that my hair is great, theres just a maturing hairline everybody she knows has had, it's all in my head and theres nothing to worry about. This was 3 months ago but this month ive let them take a good look at my temples and crown, and clearly stated what i experienced without wanting a counter-answer - and all of a sudden i shouldnt worry about hair loss and my future since its a common prblem and there are enough solutions to it these days.

TS: you shouldnt worry to much but keep an eye on it if you feel that youre actually losing hair or your contours are changing rapidly.
                Going to have to agree with James on this. TC has been spamming nonsense on the forum instead of going to see a doctor since it's clearly affecting his mental health.

To TC: Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven ways to slow or reverse loss. If you don't use them you can only blame yourself for losing hair.

To answer your question: No. Nobody has ever beaten hair loss, even with medicine it's not possible to change your genetics. Make the best of the hand you're dealt. If you truly want to keep your hair get on finasteride. Go see a doctor first. Stop obsessing and making all these threads, it's not good for you or your hair.

Good luck.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
                  • Dec 2015

You can't judge me from the pics

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
                  Going to have to agree with James on this. TC has been spamming nonsense on the forum instead of going to see a doctor since it's clearly affecting his mental health.

To TC: Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven ways to slow or reverse loss. If you don't use them you can only blame yourself for losing hair.

To answer your question: No. Nobody has ever beaten hair loss, even with medicine it's not possible to change your genetics. Make the best of the hand you're dealt. If you truly want to keep your hair get on finasteride. Go see a doctor first. Stop obsessing and making all these threads, it's not good for you or your hair.

Good luck.
                  Even when I looked at the pics before posting in this form I felt like I had good hair.
                  But it is not the case.
                  Its because i blurred my face.
                  No one would comment on my hair if i had normal hairline.
                  But many of my classmates commented on it.
                  You just thinks i am fine because you haven't seen me.
                  I don't look like a 17 yrs old.
                  I looks life 15 and I am small, my face is small , but my forehead is huge

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                    • Oct 2015

Even when I looked at the pics before posting in this form I felt like I had good hair.
                    But it is not the case.
                    Its because i blurred my face.
                    No one would comment on my hair if i had normal hairline.
                    But many of my classmates commented on it.
                    You just thinks i am fine because you haven't seen me.
                    I don't look like a 17 yrs old.
                    I looks life 15 and I am small, my face is small , but my forehead is huge
                    You need to see a dermatologist. Nobody here can help you further.

Comment

• jamesst11
                      • Jun 2014

O.K... fair enough!! I get frustrated as hell when I KNOW I have extensive hair loss and people tell me, "it's not that bad"... so, I'll eat my words on this one! Listen to the last reply - see a dermatologist and have a thorough miniaturization study. If you are experiencing MPB, then it IS good to act quickly and try to stabalize it. I apologize, didn't mean to offend anyone!!

Comment

• mukesh230
                        • Jan 2016

how can i regrow hair

i am loosing hair from 2 years.hair becomes thinner and thinner i am not loosing hair particularly from top but overall i.e from top, side and back is it due to follwing reason
                        1] i am lossing hair from 19 and now i am 21
                        2] sleeping problems at night and sleeping in daytime
                        3] constipation for 2 year which is i have not noticed
                        4] high stress like emtion and study
                        5] bad deit
                        6] i am vegiterian
                        7] overall head hair thining and falling with white bulb
                        is it telogen effluvium?

Comment

• devilsmaycry
                          • Dec 2015

I had already visited a dermatologist

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
                          You need to see a dermatologist. Nobody here can help you further.
                          I have seen a dermatologist in April 1st 2015.
                          When i said i am receding my hairline he shook his head and neglected it as like it was nothing.
                          He gave me a shampoo (anti dandruff) and a 'eye drop' like medicine.
                          I didn't said I had dandruff. But he prescribed it.
                          And about the second medicine there was nothing written in the cover that it is a hair product.
                          So i searched web and found out that it was a product used in vaginal infections

After a month i again visited the dermatologist (may 2015)and he checked my head and prescribed me another medicines. One was androfolm-M (tablet )and other was foligain (lotion).
                          I had used it for one month and did notice no change and when the medicine was over ( may 30 )I went to the clinics medicine store and asked for more medicine but the receptionist said he needed doctors prescription and visiting him costs a lot .
                          So i stopped visiting him because i realized that the clinic is using me to sell his medicines.
                          He was the one and only recommended doctor and his was a reputed clinic (hair and skin) in my area.

What do you think of him . Should a doctor prescribe a vaginal infection product for hair loss
                          Then till November 2015 I used a homeopathic medicine , but nothing improved , and I am now in a depressed state.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
                            • Dec 2015

Hey balding eagle , what did you meant by TC.
                            Im not good in english.

Comment

• devilsmaycry
                              • Dec 2015

I don't have BDD

Originally posted by jamesst11
                              Now please take a look at the pic i took today.
                              You said my hair is fine and i have BDD.
                              does this look normal to U

Comment

Working...