+ Reply to Thread

Default Crap experience on oral spiro

Started oral spiro around 10 months ago I think. Reached my current 200mg dose like 6 months ago. Not long enough to have a great idea of how it is affecting hair....honestly am not sure it has done anything for the alopecia or not. Initial sides were just from the diuretic effect, skin & eyes got much drier despite moisturizer & eye drops. No problems w/ sex drive

However I am quitting now due to more recent sides. Or what apparently are sides. Quality of my skin has gotten worse, some "crepe effect" during certain expressions, as if I have loss of collagen/facial fat or something. & increase in faint brown spots despite using broad spectrum sunblock every day. This definitely was not there when I started the drug. In general I have always had young looking skin. Have looked around the net & other people are experiencing this too but we are a minority of course

Now I will need to get the spots removed by a pro (probably laser but we will see) & will go back on retin-a (quit retin-a around 6 months ago due to irritation+laziness). We will see how reversible it is. Thank f*ck I did not take longer to notice but it is still pretty noticeable to me, as someone who keeps close tabs on his appearance

Also my left nipple f*cking hurts now whenever pressure is applied such as during showers. Not sure if it is related

Some guys seem to have a good or neutral experience on oral spiro. But be careful w/ it, it is definitely a more serious drug than taking Avo or Propecia

Are you taking dut, fin, and oral spiro all at the same time? Are you still losing hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    Are you taking dut, fin, and oral spiro all at the same time? Are you still losing hairs?
    Sry for late reply. I do not check the forum often these days

Yes I take all those and use keto shampoo. I have been weening off of spiro, down to 100mg from 200. Did not think it made much difference on my hair but recently buzzed my hair & actually it does look like there is improvement

Overall I would say this regimen is maybe enough to stop hair loss for many guys, at least for several years. However the sides on spiro have been hard to deal w/ for me. My previous post in this thread was maybe a little panicked, a lot of the "crepe effect" turned out to be from extreme dryness....switching moisturizers helped a lot. However the sun spots are still strange for someone using sunscreen every day imo

Also I have early gyno under both nipples....started on the left side, now is on both. Nothing extreme but still a concern. I was pretty shocked how good my hair looked when I buzzed it & it makes me think twice about my decision to quit spiro, especially after years of disappointment w/ more traditional meds (fin+dut slowed down the loss a lot but did not stop it)

Back to your question....MPB at an early age is normally extremely hard to stop let alone reverse. Even dut+fin usually is not enough & adding a real antiandro like spiro or bicalutamide guarantees nothing. If you are serious about stopping MPB or regrowing hair (using meds) then you will need to take big risks like me & sometimes they backfire