+ Reply to Thread

Default some story and need some suggestions for new products.

So over the year i had a pretty good results with lipogain. before lipo gain i was using nisim from 2010 too 2013 which kept my hair in pretty decent shape, Than from 2013- December of 2014 my hair was in pretty bad shape to almost no hair on top. I guess from quiting everything cause of money problems..

So i had to do something. So i looked up hair products and herd lipogaine was great so i started that and after about 2 to 3 months my hair started to come in again, Than i bought their shampoo big 3 and than i also bought a dema roller and around june there was a big difference in my hair well not perfect but wow much better than before.

Than here's the problem in around end of july i notice alot of shedding and in august it seems like my hair started to go backwards to square one... So i was looking for answers and i notice after july the lipogaine product wasn't as thick or as yellow as it used too.... So i contacted them in end of august and said this stuff is not the same as the old batchs before july.. So after couple emails they sent 3 old batchs just white bottles that says old batchs. So in the mean time i bought some equate minoxidil from walmart till lipogaine comes and also some pills called Propidol which amazon had a bottle for ony 5$ so i bought 2.

So 3 days after the lipogain came so i started to use the minoxidil in the day and i put alot on top of my head and back, than at night the lipogaine which was also nice darkish yellow and thick as before at night.

In about a week i notice my hair stop shedding, And in about a month my hair results started to go forward again. So here i am today and my hair looks and feels better than ever and the whiteish weak hairs are turning thicker and darker and i feel new spiky hairs coming threw.

This is pretty much my routine. minoxidil day- biotin 10k 1pill and sawpewmento 400mgs about 2 to 3 pills and Propidol 1 to 3 pills just before dinner, Than at night i use lipogaine. and once a week with the roller .75mm

And here's the thing what product is doing the most effect? The thing is lipogaine im not sure if i can trust it after i run out of the old batch which is one more bottle left Than propidol is no longer on amazon..

It was but went up to 40$ than 2 weeks after it was took off... I kinda believe the cheap minoxidil is helping the most but cant be sure.

So i wanted to know what is another cheap replacement to do with equate minoxidil if i have to get rid of lipogaine if i find out the new bottle i order next time is not the same again.. and pretty much propidol i will have to quit..

Here's some before and after pics also pics from December 2014 to now.

As you can see the 4th and 5th old pics are very very thin under light, The latest pics there is more hair and thicker but it is still thin when under a flash.

i have more pics but would think those show what i went from to what i have now. Oh the first pic white shirt is one from a month ago. i started to recover what i lost in the shedding from august in about a month or 2. hair is thicker this month than last month November 24th. new updated pics is first 3 and last 2 is from dec 2014.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4776.jpg

Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	43898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4882.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	43899   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4880.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	43900   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	43901   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4257.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	43902  

Forgot to add im 30, which i started to see a little thinness when i was 25, But before that i had a pretty good head of hair, it pretty much seems stress caused most of it, Cause i had 3 deaths in the family right in 2years 2008-2010. I do have baldness in both sides of the family so that doesn't help either... But i do have one uncle that i take after by looks that's 35 and he has a full head of hair.

And my oldest uncle that's almost 60 started to loose his hair in the 50s and almost bald now. My dad is very bald now 59 but had a full head of hair very fine hair tho up till 40 than he started to loose it. I also always had a high hair line and temples also even when i was a kid but always had a full thick head of hair. Im ok with how my hair line and temples are at its just i want some thickness back which i know i never will get what i had 10 years ago tho.

up till i started to use all this hair stuff i used to have to shave the back and sides down to 6mms to kinda match what i had left on top. But lately i been doing it at 13mm too look decent..

So no buddy know anything else? Oh and i was looking threw other people threads and saw alot of people likes fin? Can i get that over the counter or online or do i have to see a doctor to get that?

Pretty much i just want a little more coverage not really asking for much.

Quote Originally Posted by xclio123 View Post
    So no buddy know anything else? Oh and i was looking threw other people threads and saw alot of people likes fin? Can i get that over the counter or online or do i have to see a doctor to get that?

Pretty much i just want a little more coverage not really asking for much.
    Hey man, welcome to the forums,
    I hate to be the brutally honest one, but first off, I personally believe lipogaine is messy useless crap. They bottled a bunch of stuff that supposedly has anti-androgenic properties and turned it into a nasty, greasy liquid. None of the ingredients (besides minoxidil) have ANY significant evidence that they counteract MPB, and if they do it is purely anecdotal. Stop wasting your time with that crap.
    That said, you hair loss is pretty severe. I personally think if you want to keep it, and possibly regrow some you only have one solid option -

1) buy some bulk, cheap minoxidil foam. I like kirklands, works just fine and is not messy at all.
    2) Finasteride - we ALL hate the thought of taking it, but it is currently the ONLY option, aside from dutasteride, which has potential for more side effects
    3) Get on a solid vitamin regiment - one that is not only good for follicle health, but good for the body in general
    (I personally love hair skin and nails liquid gels, fish oils, pumpkin seed oil, and castor oil) you can get all of these really cheap

4) aside from that you can attempt other topicals, like s5 cream which contains spiro. Some evidence suggests topical castor oil and emu oil is good as well. You can even attempt these with microneedling to improve transdermal deliver - this last one is MOSTLY ANECTDOTAL. but in theory, may work for some

This is all you can do right now man... A lot of these things you can get pretty cheap. You MAY be a good responder, or it may do nothing. Good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I hate to be the brutally honest one, but first off, I personally believe lipogaine is messy useless crap. They bottled a bunch of stuff that supposedly has anti-androgenic properties and turned it into a nasty, greasy liquid. None of the ingredients (besides minoxidil) have ANY significant evidence that they counteract MPB, and if they do it is purely anecdotal. Stop wasting your time with that crap.
    That said, you hair loss is pretty severe. I personally think if you want to keep it, and possibly regrow some you only have one solid option -

1) buy some bulk, cheap minoxidil foam. I like kirklands, works just fine and is not messy at all.
    2) Finasteride - we ALL hate the thought of taking it, but it is currently the ONLY option, aside from dutasteride, which has potential for more side effects
    3) Get on a solid vitamin regiment - one that is not only good for follicle health, but good for the body in general
    (I personally love hair skin and nails liquid gels, fish oils, pumpkin seed oil, and castor oil) you can get all of these really cheap

4) aside from that you can attempt other topicals, like s5 cream which contains spiro. Some evidence suggests topical castor oil and emu oil is good as well. You can even attempt these with microneedling to improve transdermal deliver - this last one is MOSTLY ANECTDOTAL. but in theory, may work for some

This is all you can do right now man... A lot of these things you can get pretty cheap. You MAY be a good responder, or it may do nothing. Good luck brother.

Hello Tho it seems like lipogaine is the ony stuff that bring my hair were it is now as you can see by the pics pretty much i had almost nothing lol. My friends and parents are surprised what it did for me And i really don't find it messy at all it dries faster than the normal minoxidil and i never had itching or flaking as i do now with minoxidil. With no flash or high light it looks better than the pics. Its just when that dam bright light comes lol...

i forgot to say back than when i was using nisim i was using rogaine foam i really didn't see much happening with that but they did keep what i had.

But yea at the moment now i really don't trust lipogaine cause what happen with the color and thickness of the stuff 3 months ago than that's when i had a real bad shedding unless i just had a bad shed month cause after that shed my hair came in more thicker in the front. it seems like right now equate minoxidil is doing a pretty good job so far probably because its cheap and i can use more of it to cover my head with it.

I just don't want to quit the stuff that was working cause i do not want to go back to the old pics....

Were can i get Finasteride at? Or do i need to get a prescription for it?

I am on vitamins but will look those up too.

wow double post not sure how that happen can one of these get deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post

Hello Tho it seems like lipogaine is the ony stuff that bring my hair were it is now as you can see by the pics pretty much i had almost nothing lol. My friends and parents are surprised what it did for me And i really don't find it messy at all it dries faster than the normal minoxidil and i never had itching or flaking as i do now with minoxidil. With no flash or high light it looks better than the pics. Its just when that dam bright light comes lol...

i forgot to say back than when i was using nisim i was using rogaine foam i really didn't see much happening with that but they did keep what i had.

But yea at the moment now i really don't trust lipogaine cause what happen with the color and thickness of the stuff 3 months ago than that's when i had a real bad shedding unless i just had a bad shed month cause after that shed my hair came in more thicker in the front. it seems like right now equate minoxidil is doing a pretty good job so far probably because its cheap and i can use more of it to cover my head with it.

I just don't want to quit the stuff that was working cause i do not want to go back to the old pics....

Were can i get Finasteride at? Or do i need to get a prescription for it?

I am on vitamins but will look those up too.