+ Reply to Thread

Default 19yrs. old, should i worry?

I'm 19 and have always had thick, wavey, kind of curly hair? I don't know, people have told me my hair is kind of weird, the textures and all.

Getting right to the point, I've never really liked my hair line, I've never really liked how high my temples are, I've been trying to experiment with new hair-styles and such, but someone mentioned that they predict I'm going to be balding extremely fast in my late 20s.

This of course, as much as I tried to not let it get to me, got to me, and it made me aware of the possibility as I re-searched a lot, although taking a look at my history, I've ALWAYS had these high temples in my hairline, I just recently asked my mom and told her to take it seriously if I was receding / thinning or anything, and she said "No, I do not think you are receding, you've always had that same exact hair line, however for the past 3 years, your hair has definitely been thinning out in the front.
    3 Years is ago is when I decided to change from long hair to short hair, and now I like to keep it short, but I'm going through the struggle of trying to make the front hairline area look nice, and since my temples are so high, and closely resembles a NW2 in my opinion? I'm pretty worried and wondering if I should see my dermatologist about my hair or something.
    Here's pictures - http://imgur.com/a/lKBTZ

I also tried to comb the sides backwards to help.

Am I just cursed with this hairline that makes my forehead look like a 10head and i'm not balding -yet-? Should I be worried?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Postmalone~HELLO!
    First of all, WELCOME to this great forum, BTT ! Ive been a member here for a long time now
    I am so much OLDER than you are, of course, and I have good insight. There are other great members here that will HELP you too!
    I have to run to work soon but it is important to respond to your thread asap...
    Your question-
    "Should I be worried?" NEVER WORRY about your hair or anything else in life.
    Worry and stress WILL unnecessarily cause serious issues to your hair
    Because you are so young right now, you need to 'step back' a little and consider honest commonsense given to you here by older men that know what life is like!
    Honestly, your hair looks GOOD.
    It seems that you are only experiencing a maturing of your hairline now..you are 19 years old!! Accept that as a human reality that we all have experienced.
    You might NOT experience major hairloss...you and no one else can know for sure.
    Live you life HAPPY.
    Again,you hair looks good,,and you might only be experiencing a maturing of your hairline.
    Lets talk more later on...I have to run now bro!!
    Cheers!

Postmalone , I want to suggest that you pick up the multivitamin BIOTIN.
    It has been proven to improve hair for men and women.
    Also, eventually consider using 'Rogaine' (minoxidil) . That can also improve your hair... It doesn't seem like you need minoxidil right now.... Eventually you might.
    Again... don't allow worry and stress to affect you!
    There is no need for that bro... Your hair looks A-OK !!
    Hope to hear from you soon.... I also hope that other group members give you advice..(i'm still at work-lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Postmalone , I want to suggest that you pick up the multivitamin BIOTIN.
    It has been proven to improve hair for men and women.
    Also, eventually consider using 'Rogaine' (minoxidil) . That can also improve your hair... It doesn't seem like you need minoxidil right now.... Eventually you might.
    Again... don't allow worry and stress to affect you!
    There is no need for that bro... Your hair looks A-OK !!
    Hope to hear from you soon.... I also hope that other group members give you advice..(i'm still at work-lol)
    Hey, thanks for the reply.
    I'm not stressing out about it as much as I was originally. Fortunately, I'm a pretty stress free person so I don't think stress will affect me as much as others.
    I've recently started lots of weight lifting and exercise so I've been eating super healthy and already taking fish oil gel capsules every day ( 2 a day ).
    I'm trying to find which Biotin multi-vitamins I should get, I've yet to go to the store though, any suggestions on what to look for, other than I should get the 3,000 mcg per day capsules yeah?
    I agree that my hair looks okay but my high temples on my hair line, I've never thought that looked okay, however a lot of guys, now that I notice it, make high temple hairlines look very nice. The real thing I'm worried about currently is just preserving what I have now and not letting my hairline recede even further. Someone suggested that I schedule an appointment with a dermatologist ( I know a really good one that I think specializes in MPB ), what do you think of going and seeing one? And letting the dermatologist examine / analyze my hairline/etc..

Hello Postmalone !
    Glad to hear back from you!
    (I am on my smart phone right now)
    That's great that you're working out and taking care of yourself !
    Most everybody,while growing up, Will experience a maturing hairline. It's just the way it is.
    It's good that you noticed other guys around you with maturing hairlines as well!
    In regards to biotin, overall the research showed that...
    "5000 mcg of biotin" is probably the best.
    I believe I have the same biotin amount.
    When I go back to my kitchen I'll check it out -ha ha!!
    Other good members out there using biotin, what type do you use? let us know.
    Take care Post' - i'll say again, your hair looks good. I wish my hair still looked like that- lol