+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default experienced users opinions and info on DUT

Hey everyone!
    I hope every one had a RELAXING holiday. For those of you that don't know my story through my constant venting, I am in a tricky situation. I am desperately trying to keep whatever hair I have left after a bad HT a couple years ago.

I know consider myself decently educated on hair loss and treatments. With great hesitation I started fin 9.5 months ago, and it only seems to be speeding up my MPB. I NEED TO KEEP MY HAIR. I don't want to deal with exposing the recipient site and the raised, red 5" smiley face scar stretching across the back of my head.

Most derms I have talked with will NOT prescribe me dutasteride and that's understandable, it's one hell of a drug. However, I have been on fin with no side effects and would take it slow with DUT and very responsibly. I need to try it because nothing else is working.

Any advice on how to get legitimate DUT without a prescription? Isn't there some "online doc" or something that can just evaluate my case, have me sign some waiver and forward me a prescription? or are there legitimate sites out of the U.S. you can obtain it without prescription? Please, I am losing my mind here. I hate the way the transplants look, I hate the scar, and I used to love my hair. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wait a sec, you had a hair transplant? I thought after a transplant, you don't lose any more hair since the honor hairs are from non-MPB area, no? If you had a HT, I don't thing you should be on fin/dut, just like those who don't have MPB genes. Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    Wait a sec, you had a hair transplant? I thought after a transplant, you don't lose any more hair since the honor hairs are from non-MPB area, no? If you had a HT, I don't thing you should be on fin/dut, just like those who don't have MPB genes. Or am I wrong?
    I had a hair transplant WHEN I had A LOT (and I mean A LOT) of native hair. I still have about 40-50% of my native hair, but the transplant complicated the MPB process GREATLY. Now I am rapidly losing all my hair all over the head, ESPECIALLY in the area of the transplant. I think that ALL my native hair is gone in that area. In short, I am the primary example of WHY you should NEVER, EVER even CONSIDER a transplant when you have minimal loss and are uncertain of the future of your AGA. Now I am desperate to conserve, possibly even reverse some of what the last 2 years has done.

I see, in your case, I guess dut is the way to go. I'm thinking of trying dut again, this time without taking fin.

how long were you on DUT? What were the side effects? Did you experience any shedding or regrowth? How did you get a prescription?

Seriously, 120 views and NO one has ANY advice regarding experience or info on the currently most powerful hair loss medication?? Give me some guidance here! C'MON y'all are slacking! :P

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Thumbs up

You may benefit by dutasteride (Avodart), but you may likely experience its possible side effects. Much improvement can still be achievable with finasteride.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Seriously, 120 views and NO one has ANY advice regarding experience or info on the currently most powerful hair loss medication?? Give me some guidance here! C'MON y'all are slacking! :P
    Hey James,

I don't have experience but I do know doctor Shapiro takes dut. He said he thickened on dut when fin did nothing, paraphrasing here obviously lol.

In my personal opinion, dut should be safe for a few years to buy time for something new, but I wouldn't feel safe taking it more than 5 years because of suppressing AR1.

Just my two cents, I hope you have some luck James.

I was able to get a prescription for Dutasteride when I visited a Canadian HT clinic.

I would consider calling a reputable nearby HT clinic and asking if you can see the doctor to get a prescription "off label" (for unintended usage). You won't have to do much explaining what Dutasteride is, why you want to try it, etc. They may have some experience with the drug already, and can advise.

You can find mail order drugs, although you should be careful about who you order from (bootleg fake drugs are a big business). I don't know of a company I can actually recommend. You might try International Antiaging Systems?

I have been on dutasteride now for 11 years and It has significantly slowed my hair loss with no lasting side effects for me. It has not stopped my hair loss, as I noticed my hairline following that of my father. You can buy it from India cheaper than in the US or Canada without to many questions, just google it. The generic form is Dutas.