+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

All I know is that we need something NOW, tired of all this waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    You want to hear something depressing? I've been coming to hair loss forums for FIFTEEN YEARS. Nothing new has been released for hair loss in that time. The closest we got to a new treatment was Dutasteride as an off label treatment back in the middle '00's (and it turned out to be no better than Proscar). If my lot is to wait 30 years for a treatment, I think more will come out of the next fifteen years than the last fifteen. Maybe I'll have a real head of hair before I'm 60, but then again, maybe not.

Have you been in fina all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    Have you been in fina all this time?
    well put Occolus.. i agree 100%... I also been coming this forum since 2008 and nothing come out deacint since then... so why now? specially all viable treatments seem to be years away from now...
    personally i dont think replicel...etc would work either... they are just stealing time

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    You want to hear something depressing? I've been coming to hair loss forums for FIFTEEN YEARS. Nothing new has been released for hair loss in that time. The closest we got to a new treatment was Dutasteride as an off label treatment back in the middle '00's (and it turned out to be no better than Proscar). If my lot is to wait 30 years for a treatment, I think more will come out of the next fifteen years than the last fifteen. Maybe I'll have a real head of hair before I'm 60, but then again, maybe not.
    Wow, that's made me realise - it is now nearly 14 years since I first started coming onto hair loss forums too. That's effed up. I checked my order history on Amazon, and I bought Spencer Kobren's book in May of 2003, when I would have been 22. It is quite tragic how much this condition eats away quietly at your soul. At 21/22 your life is supposed to be just beginning, not just ending, but that's what it feels like. I also remember reading an article by a trichologist in a magazine from 1996, where he wrote "I am very grateful to know that my son, who is 14, will never have to deal with the pain of male pattern baldness", because he was so sure that a cure would soon be readily available. He talked in the same article about two of his early mpb patients who had committed suicide.

I agree, something has got to happen soon, I guess as I could now be considered a veteran of these forums, there seems to be a lot more positive news these days.

Thanks for the question BoSox

That somewhere in a Bavarian castle a mad scientist demands "Igor, go to the village and pay that unscrupulous big nosed grave digger this penny farthing for that body part"......"yes master"

After attaching the abnormally large male organ to the body, the nutty scientist injects the body with his secret syrum and rather than bring the well endowed body to life, it sprouts a full head of hair

" Igor, Igor, come quickly. Sod this creating life business, I have cured hair loss and put evil wig manufacturers out of business. Book tickets for the 2016 hair loss congress immediately"

Okay, I am joking, but only partly. I am a believer in accidents, after all I married my ex wife.

Minox and Propecia were discovered accidentally and I am hoping something even better will be accidentally discovered.

Failing that, I hope the worlds population develops blurred vision and that when they look at me, they think ime Tom Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    Wow, that's made me realise - it is now nearly 14 years since I first started coming onto hair loss forums too. That's effed up. I checked my order history on Amazon, and I bought Spencer Kobren's book in May of 2003, when I would have been 22. It is quite tragic how much this condition eats away quietly at your soul. At 21/22 your life is supposed to be just beginning, not just ending, but that's what it feels like. I also remember reading an article by a trichologist in a magazine from 1996, where he wrote "I am very grateful to know that my son, who is 14, will never have to deal with the pain of male pattern baldness", because he was so sure that a cure would soon be readily available. He talked in the same article about two of his early mpb patients who had committed suicide.

I agree, something has got to happen soon, I guess as I could now be considered a veteran of these forums, there seems to be a lot more positive news these days.
    Did you ever go for transplant route or just stuck to treatments ?

I'm looking at a FUE/SMP combo ? Can't find any great info on it. The idea of having a 3D look shaved head seems good plus you wouldn't need many grafts to get great coverage. I'm a diffuse thinner who can patch up well with concealer but I'm running out of time. Treatments just maintain for me never had any great results. Help !

I'm looking at a FUE/SMP combo ? Can't find any great info on it. The idea of having a 3D look shaved head seems good plus you wouldn't need many grafts to get great coverage. I'm a diffuse thinner who can patch up well with concealer but I'm running out of time. Treatments just maintain for me never had any great results. Help !

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post

I had a HT in 2011, and I can't speak for anyone else or offer any recommendations, but it was one of the best things I have ever done. It has made my life bearable. Although I got a brilliant result, I still frequent the boards sometimes, as I have myself a case of 'hair greed', and I have my fingers crossed, like everyone, for a permanent, non-invasive affordable cure.

I had a HT in 2011, and I can't speak for anyone else or offer any recommendations, but it was one of the best things I have ever done. It has made my life bearable. Although I got a brilliant result, I still frequent the boards sometimes, as I have myself a case of 'hair greed', and I have my fingers crossed, like everyone, for a permanent, non-invasive affordable cure.
    How much did it cost you ?

I really am in a stick or twist situation. I'm 30 now and I feel as though I need to make that big decision. Being diffuse makes you a poor candidate right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    How much did it cost you ?

I really am in a stick or twist situation. I'm 30 now and I feel as though I need to make that big decision. Being diffuse makes you a poor candidate right ?
    Are you in the US, UK, or somewhere else? If you're considering it I would strongly recommend that you meet with people and see their results face to face. I can't remember exactly what my HT cost, but it was between $5k and $10k. Talk to Jotronic or Spex or one of those guys, they'll be able to give you much better advice than me if you're on the fence, although I am very happy to offer whatever limited advice I can.

Apologies for derailing the thread somewhat, but I couldn't find how to send a PM.