17 and possibly balding. I need the truth.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newuser1
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Codyiscool448
    My hairline has always been really high, and I have a wide ass Polish forehead that could possibly be pushing my hair into this pattern. Today marks the 1 year anniversary that I started to freak out about going bald. I check it a lot and it does not seem to be receding. All pics are current except for the one where I am in a blue sleeved baseball shirt. That one is from 2 or 3 years ago. It almost looks as if my hairline was thining then. Maybe I just have a shit hairline. Anyway, I need the honest to god truth. Don't sugarcoat anything.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43839[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43843[/ATTACH]
    You might have MPB but in early stages just going by the pics. I would agree with a lot of the replies on here, go see a doctor. A dermatologist can normally give you a good opinion and, if determined, give you something like propecia. Honestly don't know if it's normally prescribed to someone your age. I personally would have waited a few years to start taking it if you can, but then again your doctor would know best.

I would advise from personal experience that many GPs and family doctors are oblivious to MPB or just don't care when you ask. I would recommend trying a good dermatologist, preferably one who is experienced in hair loss. You could also talk to a hair transplant surgeon simply because that's their specialty, although make sure they are a good and honest one (IAHRS certified).

*Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or health care provider or hair loss expert, anything I state is a personal opinion*

Comment

Working...