+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia 15 month for hairline

Hi everyone , im a 22 yo french guy who 've been taking propecia for 15 month now . when ive started i was just a nw 1,5 , and i was really worried by y hairline . THe recession process was quite slow and i hoped the best with propecia. i was quite sure that the vellu hair would turned terminal . However now after 15 month of 1 mg my hairline went to hell , i'm now nw 3 at the hairline . so wtf is happening , i don't understand , i stick with it because im deseperate and i hope a miracle . SO plz what do you think of it guys . Thx

What dosage do you take and do you take it everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    Hi everyone , im a 22 yo french guy who 've been taking propecia for 15 month now . when ive started i was just a nw 1,5 , and i was really worried by y hairline . THe recession process was quite slow and i hoped the best with propecia. i was quite sure that the vellu hair would turned terminal . However now after 15 month of 1 mg my hairline went to hell , i'm now nw 3 at the hairline . so wtf is happening , i don't understand , i stick with it because im deseperate and i hope a miracle . SO plz what do you think of it guys . Thx
    exact same thing is happening to me... im at 9.5 months and it has almost completely obliterated my hair line and midscalp and well... everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    but, hang in there buddy, propecia apparently works for NINETY PERCENT of people (insert the most sarcastic tone you can imagine).

thx for the answer guys , i've been taking 1 mg on a daily basis . Iv'e just stop for 14 days , 6 month ago because ive freaked out , my oestrogen were quite high . Ive done several blood test , my dht is really low , so it should work . and ive tried minoxidil for 3 week then stop because of the potential dependant hair .
    I'm frightened of the fact that the hairline is more sensitive to free testosterone , so maybe im ruining my hairline . but im so desesperate that i still expecting a miracle ; So i stick with it . My onli hope is maybe ive shed some vellu hair , which are now in dormancy and will come back . However thats harsh time because when i took the med it was just for maintain , i had a pretty good haircut and now ive got a nicolas cage look . Im mad

so ive got 2 theory; im sensitive to free test

or im not inhibiting enough dht , but its seems crazy because my hairloss was ****ing slow .

So should i ait until the 2 year mark?

this hairloss is literraly ruining my life . i thought that propecia was the ultimate solution but it doesnt work . So what to DO? if someone with the same experiment could bring me some hope , i would appreciate .
    And sorry for my unperfect english

if you've been taking it for FIFTEEN MONTHS, and things are honestly getting WORST, you need to get off the medication. This drug effects different people randomly as all hell. If it has sped up your hairloss for that long of a period of time, I doubt things will just magically get better. I am giving it one year and then I am done.

yes i know however ivre read a story about someone who see result after the 15 month mark , so i wait until the 2 year mark the i will drop it . But its my only shot against hairloss because rogaine is crap . I will add dermaroller and ahk cu in rejuveplex soon

and thats crazy because propecia normally thicken vellu hair . So wtf is happening , god knows!!!
    and the worst thing is that i don't handle alcohol vehicle , so i can't use ru58841. so i'm doomed.