+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks for your comments August .

I've checked out various forums in relation to trying to conceal surgery post op , and opinions do seem to differ . I hardly ever wear a hat , so people will be curious as to why I have started to ( my friends suspected pretty quick ).

Lucky enough , if I wear a baseball cap , the back strap does in fact cover the strip scar if positioned right.

Thanks for the advice on the Loreal cream - I'll check it out .

Hi Suarez,

I'm really happy to read your review and see your progress being shared online. Well done!

I'd like to recommend that you keep in touch with Dr. Karadeniz with your post-op questions (if you aren't already), especially when it comes to what you should and should not put on your scalp so soon after surgery. I understand and encourage people to research this on their own as it helps them to understand the overall picture but I also recommend that in the end, one should follow their own doctor's recommendations and not those of a doctor that is not familiar with your case.

Keep up the good work!
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hi Joe - Thanks for the comments .

I did intend to put any questions to Dr K before applying any concealers / cover up etc. However , I think I may just ride this out anyway and just wear a cap for a few more weeks until it's settled somewhat .Personally , I do like to garner others opinions as to what / does not work for them , but to be fair it's a circular research anyway in that the same solutions come up time and time again .

As far as posting my progress , I think it's only fair to give back to the forums for all the information I received when researching the H/T scene .

Good luck and I hope you heal well.

Last time I checked out hair transplants was 10 years ago. Spent a good deal of time researching , but the quality of the HT's at that time were variable , and without the options available today were prohibitively expensive .
    I just wanted to say that you could have done the same surgery you just had, 10 years ago. Not all that much has changed in 10 years, especially considering that you got a strip excision. In that regard, basically it's the same procedure. You might have found a favorable price in Turkey, but other than that, I wonder what differences you are referring to now, that you didn't come across 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    Good luck and I hope you heal well.

I just wanted to say that you could have done the same surgery you just had, 10 years ago. Not all that much has changed in 10 years, especially considering that you got a strip excision. In that regard, basically it's the same procedure. You might have found a favorable price in Turkey, but other than that, I wonder what differences you are referring to now, that you didn't come across 10 years ago?
    Thanks Arfy .

It's a while ago now , but most likely at that time I would not have considered going abroad , and the results from the UK surgeons at that time weren't that great from what I could see .That coupled with prices made it a none starter .

I also think that the sheer choice of options now , coupled with advances in surgical techniques such as trichophytic closure has made it a safer bet ( in theory ) than back then.

Default 9 week post op update

Just past 9 weeks post op so a quick update on how things are going.

Just to point out , my HT was to the frontal and mid scalp areas - the crown was untouched in this session .

Happy with the way things are going generally . Very light redness still in the recipient area .Recipient area is still very slightly numb but improving by the week .Still a bit numb above the strip area , but again this is getting better almost by the
    day . Also mindful that I'm not out of the woods yet as far as scar stretch , so doing all I can to keep tension from the area . Can't wait to hit the gym again , but not going to do anything at the moment that may compromise scar healing / stretch. Doctor recommends to leave any heavy lifting until the 3 month mark .

The scar is not visible at this point , so I'm happy on that score.

Unfortunately , had some shock loss below the donor incision ( may be an inch long or so) , so fingers crossed that will resolve itself over the next few months . On the photo below I have applied a small amount of Toppik to the shock loss area.

Although I shed as everyone does , have had some growth to the recipient area. Not any real great density at the moment , more fine , light and wispy , but more than I expected anyway.

At just over 2 weeks post op , I was hoping to return to work without wearing a cap. 9 weeks later I'm still wearing it ! That's probably more paranoia on my part , as my wife thinks that no one would guess now that I've had the procedure.

The first photo was taken at 3 days post op , the rest are 9 weeks post op.

Any comments / questions - fire away !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_1__1455970672_37925.jpg

Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	45061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_2_crop__1455970717_92524.jpg

Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	45062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_3__1455970765_39777.jpg

Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	45063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_4__1455970810_48509.jpg

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	45064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_5__1455970850_85369.jpg

Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	45065  

2 months and already some growth, good signs already.