50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant - BaldTruthTalk.com

View Poll Results: 50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant. True or false??

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

6 66.67%
  • False

3 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant

50% of all patients wind up regretting getting a hair transplant.

^^^ is this statement true, or an exaggeration??

4 votes for, 0 against.

Can any of you expand on your votes, please??
    What exactly are the main reasons people regret having a hair transplant

Probably never met their expectations .

The reasons for this are simply as follows:

1) they get it when they have too much hair and it ends up destroying their hair and perpetuating them into a never ending game of catch up.

2) They have the delusion that an HT will make them look like they are 18 again and the doctor never thoroughly explains to them it won't

3) The procedure is done poorly and the grafts are placed improperly, hair line too thin, etc... or the are one of the few that reject the grafts

CONCLUSION --> TOO MANY UNETHICAL DOCTORS OUT THERE THAT ARE WILLING TO DESTROY SOMEONE'S LIFE TO MAKE A FEW GRAND. That's really all it is, trust me. Like with any business, it has become over run with parasitic vultures. This poll has WAY too many variables though...let's evaluate other statistics in correlation with this.

1) Out of all the HT's conducted per year , HOW MANY of them are conducted by Bosley, or another huge, main chain corporation?

Take that variable out of the equation and ask, " 50% of patients who have had hair transplant surgery by WELL KNOW AND RESPECTED IAHRS SURGEONS regret their decision " - true or false... your answer will be A LOT DIFFERENT.

Yeah, great point James. I heard so many horror stories from Bosley it makes my head spin.

60 Minutes even did a whole segment on their malpractice

that's why I didn't bother with propecia, rogaine, or any of that shit.

If your hair is going, it's going.

Go big or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    that's why I didn't bother with propecia, rogaine, or any of that shit.

If your hair is going, it's going.

Go big or go home.
    The thread is about hair TRANSPLANT, not treatment. Propecia, Rogaine dont fall into that category

Agree with James, 100%. Well stated. There is no more dangerous animal in the hair transplant game than the clueless newbie.

This specimen is usually 20 something, just starting to bald, and is desperately concerned that his thinning hair will lead to never getting laid again. Not to mention making him the butt of jokes from his family and friends.

This type always seem to feel that if he can just keep his hair until he's 30, then he will be happy. After all, he knows life ends socially after this point. This type never realizes that the hair line he hates, fears, and despises at the moment will be the one he still wished he had 5 years hence.

He's desperate about his hair line, constantly looks at in the mirror and says to himself, "it's the same, isn't it? there hasn't been any change, right?... right?"

He's the guy whose looking to spend the least amount of money on a transplant and who says things like , "I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game... be proactive...".

YMMV, but my view about transplants is that there is only a handful of surgeons that should be trusted. None of them are in Europe.

You should not even think about getting a hair transplant until your balding pattern is well established and and can be reasonably predicted as to what course it may follow (area, type of balding, Norwood rating, etc.).

Usually that means you wait until your 40 or older. Not always of course, but usually.

By then you usually have the maturity, finances, emotional stability, and expectations needed to maximize your chances of a happy outcome.

I had my front 1/3 rebuilt almost 5 years ago. It was the best $12,000 I ever spent. I am completely satisfied with the outcome, I always have felt my expectations were in line with what was possible. I have no scar to speak of-- I sure can't find it.

That's the result of choosing the best surgeon, doing my research, and WAITING until the correct time to have the procedure done. As far as the money was concerned, that wasn't a big strain, either-- not because I am a rich S.O.B. but because I had years to save.

I also agree with James and Hal, hair transplants should only be done when hair loss has stabalized. I myself made the mistake of trusting a surgeon who was well marketed with youtube videos and articles which of course means nothing, and he was even IAHRS certified. What Hal said about trusting HT surgeons in Europe, I think I would agree with him, If I could turn time back I would definitely pay the travel costs and go to the states, what's a few quid extra when life savings and your happiness is on the line.

Alan

I dont know about percentages but it would most likely be more.