+ Reply to Thread

Default Diffuse Thinning???? PLease help

I am 23 and have been monitoring my hair loss for like 7-8 months. Everyone says I do not have hair loss but i know i do...i think diffuse thinning - almost like a woman would have. People think im crazy because they just see my hair from the surface and it looks fine but when you separate my hair it looks terrible. Any advice on Diffuse thinning? My hair really has not changed much over the last 7 months and I have no hairline recession. Thanks

Separated Hair - http://www.screencast.com/t/i5aHzf7L

Normal Hair - http://www.screencast.com/t/bG2Mj7VTzd

Normal Hair - http://www.screencast.com/t/UDoqENegKZdJ

Look into Propecia, not a hair transplant. Hair transplants are best for people with distinct pattern of hair loss (for example, a hairline that's completely gone). You still have a ton of hair, way more than you can get from a completely finished hair transplant. If you transplant into your hair now, you risk "shock loss" (the trauma of surgery can accelerate your hair loss). And the transplanted hair won't be as dense as what you have right now.

Maybe you're not losing any hair and your friends and family are right. Document your hair every 6 months, with the best photos you can take, in identical lighting. Compare pics. If you have diffuse hair loss, consider Propecia.

Inactive

I'm not convinced you're losing your hair either. Once you get that thought in your head, you'll start seeing evidence for your perceived hair loss everywhere. Be careful with this, as it can drive you insane.

The only way you can determine this for sure is to set up an appointment with an IAHRS recommended surgeon and have them do a consultation with you. They'll be able to test the miniaturization levels of your hair (among other things) and find out if hair loss is something you even need to be concerned about at this point - and I'm not convinced your concerns are valid at this point.

Best of luck. Update this thread once you find out more information. It would be interesting to see what the outcome is.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.