+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I agree with the comments that you need to wait before judging your results.

However, you may be correct about the hairline placement. On the street, it's not a common hair loss pattern to see somebody with a strong, straight, low hairline, and a very large bald area behind that. A recessed hairline (not square and low) would have been smarter - it would have conserved donor grafts for the back, and it would have looked like a more natural pattern.

However, you need to let this hair transplant mature. Even if you were to take some action (I don't know what), it's too early. You need to let your scalp heal. Hopefully in 6 more months, you will be happier with your results.

I'm not familiar with this 'new procedure' but the track record for other doctors who claim to regenerate the donor supply has not been good.

Can you define receded hairline ?

For my case for example they restored the original point (1/3 rule around 7cm from low of eyebrow) and then it is raised gradually till corner around 1.5 to 2cm

But for my head shape i think it can be raised more cuz it looks like horizental line and not receded at all this when i look stright but when i bow my head it looks receded, so it confuse me

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post

However, you may be correct about the hairline placement. On the street, it's not a common hair loss pattern to see somebody with a strong, straight, low hairline, and a very large bald area behind that. A recessed hairline (not square and low) would have been smarter - it would have conserved donor grafts for the back, and it would have looked like a more natural pattern.
    Do you really think you're commentary on Sam23's hairline placement was really of any value to him at this point arfy? The poor guy is already feeling bad about his decision and there have been some very honest, positive responses to his situation that probably helped him to put things into perspective and might have given him some relief. For 4.5 months his work looks very good and once his hair grows more his hairline will most likely soften. If he does end up unhappy with the placement, some grafts could be added to bring out his temporal points to add some balance, but to make the guy feel even worse about his situation is terrible.

@Sam23, you might be pleasantly surprised once everything matures. For 4.5 months the growth is fantastic and once your hair begins to cycle normally the waviness should diminish.

I'm in a similiar situation -being NW5a with possible balding towards nw6 and have made a hair transplant in the frontal third. This would be perfect if there were enough donor hair to cover the top and crown, but less than perfect if the donor is running low on available grafts. I'm quite sure I can't cover the top and crown without the donor looking bad, and instead am I now considering using a hairpiece behind the transplant. If that works well it could look way better than a transplant or hairpiece only. It's not easy to find information about that combo though.

People's unrealistic expectations about what a hair transplant can do on a high NW...

Think for a second, you will not get your original density back. Even if you get 3000 grafts, that's like 7000 hairs.

And you had maybe 8 times that on your NW5-6 before! What did you expect?

Your hair transplant seems to be a success, and there's more to come.

I've had 2000 grafts on my NW5 area and my hair looks just like yours if I grow it out.

I chose not to, it gives me a SMP effect with which I'm happy.

I'm sorry if you thought a hair transplant was some sort of cure that would give you back your original hair.

Thank you for your honest replies,

I m always looking to the mirror, i feel something is wrong in the hairline, i kept looking all this time and i cannot guess, there is something not right and at the end, i found out that this hairline is not suit to my case
    Can you check this pic, this what i mean, see at the end the hairline is not straight
    Because of this hairline i have to bring the temple now which is risky to my baldness level

At last, let say in extream case i want to rid of of all of this, can i shave my head without problem or can i laser it off?

Sorry i m talking too much, but i m so depressed and feeling i m stuck in bad situation, i want to come back to my old life
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	43752  

Please can you check those pics,

First pic, the hairline look so horizental (even it is receded around 2 cm)

Second and third pic the hairline is so sharp from the center to the corner

I think the central point should be created first and then add the hair behind the central gradually ( triangle shape) and not extending the hairline on the same level of the central

I hope i clear my point

Do you think i m right ? Should i unplug hair on side or lase them off ? Or the balance goona improved in the future ?

Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	43753   Click image for larger version

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	43754   Click image for larger version

Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	43755  

One side will usually grow faster than the other. Give it 8 months. Laser doesn't kill hair even either. I had my shoulders lasered and after 12 times they still have hair and it is uneven. Relax and give it time.

To you your hair looks unnatural, but to most people your hair looks OK! Most people who you meet will not even be thinking about your hair in a bad way. On Sunday just gone I had a deep conversation about hair loss with the sister of a friend who has scarring alopecia, she is completely bald. She told me that on that very day, a few hours earlier, that a male stranger in the street in central London came up to her and said to her, "you look beautiful without any hair". She was absolutely astounded by this as it has never happened before to her.

Anyway, the point is that you may think that other people are looking down on you about your appearance when they really are not. You, yourself are creating your own problems and misery: the problem is not what is going on on top of your head but what is going on inside your head! Stop thinking about it, occupy yourself with other things. Go and meet with your friends. You have one life and no second take on it. Enjoy it and appreciate it. Fred970 is right in pointing out the fact that you should have had realistic expectations with regards to what a hair transplant could do for you. It is the hair transplant surgeon’s job to sell you a dream, but you also have responsibility to have realistic expectations.

As others have said, your hair looks much better than what it was before, and it can get better in the next 14 months, with 18 months being the realistic time-frame after a hair transplant to assess whether it has been a success or failure. You have to be patient. There are many people who have had the same degree of baldness as you who have had a hair transplant and ended up with result far worse than yours.

Be happy! Bud schastliv!

You are absoultly right, that is why the hair transplant is preferrable after 40 as the young guys will always remember and expect that their old hair will come back the same.
    My concept about HT expectation is that it cannot bring the old hair from 10 or 15 years ago from density and hair line and i was ok with that, but i thought it would be good enough if it will give me the look of 5 years ago nw3 , and i start expect that my hair will look exactly when i start balding, same hairline, same gaps, high receding but what is happend is the surgery gave me new hairline, i did not expect that, i thought it will mimc the old nw3 hairline with the same gaps, even i showed an old pic to the surgent before but he did not do it and justifed it that i will not be satisfied at all and i will come back later to fill in more so it is better to create somethig more suitable to my face shape and not mimic an old stage cuz it will not look good with transplant hair

To be honest before the surgery i did not think about all of these details, i just want hair on top regardless of the details i believed hair on top is better than shiny scalp espically i m single 30 year old and i lost all of my hear within two years only

My thought at that time the baldness is ugly and disfigured and anything better than baldness, but later after surgery i start see that bald people are normal looking and not bad at all and there are many celebreties are bald and handsome

As you said it is all in the mind " the beauty is in the eye of beholder " i regret why i did not think in this concept before, now i have to live with this false thing to the rest of my life and this what make me depressed

This is what i expect see how the hairline is higher and receded, i draw also the new line

Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	43756   Click image for larger version

Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	43757