+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JAK trial

Default JAK trial

People are taking 5mg twice daily orally for AA. Just was checking out a forum for people taking Xeljanz(tofacitinib)for AA, and most seem to be getting their hair back of that dosage. They are being very closely monitored though, and the cost is still really high ( i think pfizer is giving discounts, but its still like 12 grand a year) I think somebody on this forum who has AA should get a hold of this stuff, and let someone with mpb trial it topically. It's worth a shot. There's gotta be someone on here with a relative or friend with rheumatoid arthritis or AA as well as mpb.

The safety has been established enough to show that no one is gonna cause serious harm to themselves short term. The main obstacle right now is the price, but if someone can get their dermatologist to prescribe it for rheumatoid arthritis then it wouldnt even be too expensive. anyone have arthritis?? Anyone have AA? The caveat is that someone with AA might not know if its curing their mpb even if its effective. would be good to have someone with mpb buy it from them and crush it into some vehicle and test it for a month or so. I think if it works it should show signs of doing something. It took quite a few months for some people with AA, but someone on here can probably get a year's supply for not too stepp if they have a compliant dermatologist that can get it for AA or Rheumatoid. I say screw waiting for the scientists. the means are out there to obtain this drug, as it is legal for other things, and making into into a topical solution can't be too hard. we might not get it perfect, but it should be enough to show if it does anything. If someone managed to have success and show pictures, and then send that anonymously to Christiano or just get it out there in the world, drug compaies may be more apt to jump on it. Safety just doesn't seem to be an issue short term especially. Tons of people are using it for AA now off label.

Interestingly Brett King also just showed that it works for eczema, which is something that I've been dealing with. I think these inflammatory responses are all related, and I think there's a good chance that a combination of these JAK inhibitors and a drug like setipiprant could really make a difference.

along the same lines if there's someone rich enough, you can get it from a canadian pharmacy at 22,000 for 60 pills. I can't swing that.

Do you have a link to the eczema trial?

I don't sorry, I don't think it was an official trial. Nor are they prescribing it for eczema yet either, it's kinda in the same boat as mpb. just google brett king eczema. I think a topical version of this could be out for AA within the next couple of years though. they already completed a trial that is listed as phase 2, and plenty of doctors are prescribing it already off label, with some cooperation from pfizer. I think it's all in Christiano's court because she holds the patent for using JAK inhibitors for alopecia, so she has to get that rolling for all alopecia trials. My guess is its gonna be a while to get anything realistic even if it works great, but it would be nice to know whether it works or not without having to wait on her lab to publish stuff. right now its within our reach to test it out.

that dude swisstemples claims to have 5 friends that are already testing it topically and their loss has stopped. Based on what the drug did to DP spheres I have almost no doubt that it will have an effect on any follicle. question is are the side effects gonna be ****ed long term and can they make it in a way that doesnt take 20 more yrs.

Holy hell that price though.. pfizer is awesome though, tried their anavar and it blew UGL out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    that dude swisstemples claims to have 5 friends that are already testing it topically and their loss has stopped. Based on what the drug did to DP spheres I have almost no doubt that it will have an effect on any follicle. question is are the side effects gonna be ****ed long term and can they make it in a way that doesnt take 20 more yrs.
    What are the side effects?

WHERE HAVE SPOKE swisstemples FOR 5 FRIENDS USING IT? I WANT TO READ IT.
    I READ AT SITE HAIRLOSS2020 THAT A GUY CAN FIND TOFICIB FOR LOW PRICE IN TURKEY AND WITH A FALSE PRESCITION.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Question IS : Does it regrow huge amounts of hair like in people suffering from AA? No one in this forum is willing to pay 22k per year only to MANTAIN their crappy hair.