+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JAK trial

Quote Originally Posted by Link Mahboi View Post
    Question IS : Does it regrow huge amounts of hair like in people suffering from AA? No one in this forum is willing to pay 22k per year only to MANTAIN their crappy hair.
    that's the whole point, we gotta find out. I have a feeling it's not going to resurrect very damaged follicles, but I think bit by bit it could make any hair that you do have, maybe even vellus, a lot better. The amount that it restored genetic inductivity to DP spheres is pretty damn encouraging. that means that this stuff is working directly on hair cells, not just bringing them into anagen, but really making them come alive. The results with AA I'd say were nothing short of miraculous, and if they can find a way to use this without an unacceptable risk of sides (big if) it's gotta do something. I think people go bald for different reasons even under the blanket of mpb, so it will prob help some more than others.

Whatever people do, it should be topical, as the maurine studies showed that it is far more effective as a topical.

I'm really disappointed that it took this long for researchers to zero in on this. A decade or more of very strong anecdotal evidence has strongly suggested that AGA is an autoimmune disorder, just like the diseases that JAKs treat. They should have been investigating that hypothesis a long, long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Link Mahboi View Post
    Question IS : Does it regrow huge amounts of hair like in people suffering from AA? No one in this forum is willing to pay 22k per year only to MANTAIN their crappy hair.
    Obviously you're not desperate enough yet. You will be if you've been waiting as long as some of the old timer members here.

If I could afford $22K a year I'd pay it.

Do we know about side effects yet?

If this stops your willy from working like propecia than it's not awesome :P

Actually much less excited about this now that I learned swisstemples and a bunch of guys tried tofacitinib topically with zero results. Not saying it couldn't be an issue with any number of things, but it seemed to work topically for AA people very quickly. I doubt this is gonna pan out for mpb, although the research into it could one day lead to better understanding i suppose.

LOL this thread is already so depressing. It's going to work, it doesn't work....

Christiano said that you will need to apply it multiple times per day at a fairly high dose because the drugs have a short half life. And where are people reading about these trials?