+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyp1 View Post
    Hi Alan, I'm only a week post op, I had my ht in London... reading your story has really hit home about when things can go wrong, Even a day after surgery, I actually wondered if I had made the right decision, just that nagging doubt that something could happen and I could have a negative result.
    Feel sad reading your story, the thing about all of us on these forums is we all have the confidence issue surrounding our hair, we're all fighting something that deep down I think is always a losing battle! I cant imagine what you have gone through, def don't give up the fight with the surgeon/clinic, you deserve every single penny of your money back and then some! I would at some point name the surgeon/clinic as well, at the end of the day, everyone on these forums are making potentially life changing decisions about which clinic/surgeon to go with, least it keeps other people better informed.
    Don't let them get away with it...i think every surgeon that does a ht is linking there name to it, good or bad results.... I wish you all the best with everything and thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure everything will work out for you in the end... Life is truly s*** sometimes and I feel for you
    Hello Matty and congratulations on your new HT. I really hope it all goes well for you, it will change your life for the better. I would not worry to much as it sounds like your HT went well, I am sure you would know if something did not seem right during your procedure.

My surgeon admitting to me he had the wrong tools for my grafts, going through 9 hours of agony because my surgeon decided to do another procedure on my scalp 8 days later after my scalp had only started to heal form my first HT. I am still not sure if this is normal procedure or a high risk for failure.
    These are all red flags that other community members have pointed out, but it sounds as if you had zero red flags Matty and everything went smoothly for you.
    I will try and fight my case the best I can to my last ounce of strength Matty, it is not my intention to let them get away with what they have put me through, coming here and getting support and advice from community members like yourself gives me strength and hope.

Thank you for taking time to ready my story and good luck with your new HT and for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Wow. Just...wow. I read your story and was practically shaking as I did so. I am so sorry you went through such a bad experience. It shows how shifty some people in this business can be. I think you need to be more forceful with the clinic with regards to getting your money back, given how you were treated, left in the cold rain, had day 2 delayed because they were out partying (!!) etc. Who knows what sort of state the doc and staff were in when they got to you.
    Hello Driver and thank you for reading my story. I have been forceful with the clinic, but I have tried to be as professional as I could be at the same time. I told my surgeon I would tell my story on the forums and even contact the media, it got their attention at first but then it was like they did not care.

I still think back to when my surgeon and his team left me standing outside the clinic for an hour in the rain and cold, because they had been at a party and had slept in, it still leaves me in complete disbelief. I was very concerned about the state of the surgeon and his team, I could tell they all had just woken up. The trainee doctor that let me wait in her car for 15 minutes though was very nice and she tried to put my mind at ease.
    My surgeon has admitted on numerous occasions that he did not know the reason why my HT failed, he just calls me the X-factor, and even that the scarring is unfortunate and worse than hoped for. I would think that a full refund of my Dads money would be the least they would offer me but it seems not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1980 View Post
    I am considering revealing the surgeon and clinic who did my procedure at some point, but at the moment I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. As PayDay has mentioned there are a lot of red flags from my procedure, but did my surgeon just have an off day? If he indeed has had so many successful HT why did he make the decisions he did that led to my HT failure where the grafts did not take, which also left me with a head full of scares.

Alan.
    Alan ,

Just my opinion , but if I were you , I would keep the surgeon / clinic details to yourself for now. Send them a link to this thread , and state that if a full refund is not confirmed within 7 days , then you will reveal all the details and photographic evidence to go with it . The only way I could see them not giving a full refund would be if they are arrogant or stupid , or both .

A well documented reveal on this ( and other ) websites would do serious damage to the clinic and surgeon . If you delve a little deeper on the major HT sites , you will come across threads that do just that . Once a reputation is tarnished , it can be extremely difficult to get it back , if ever .

As far as your surgeon having an off day ? Nah , too many things in your story lead to incompetence and arrogance as far as I can tell .Read your story a second time , and it really illustrates what shockingly appalling treatment you received . To be honest with you , at this moment in time , I just want you to get your refund so you can at least put that side of the situation to bed . On the other hand , I'd like the surgeon to be named and for his days to be numbered for performing surgery .

That's not a comment I make lightly . I mentioned in a previous post that HT success is not a guarantee . However , the way you were dealt with at the time and since then - well , words fail me , they really do . For all the supposed sympathy from the surgeon , I don't believe he has an ethical bone in his body .

He knows exactly why your surgery was not successful , and he is so greedy that he's chancing this story being revealed on one of the largest HT forums rather than just give you a refund ? Honestly , the mind boggles at the stupidity of it all .

Charlatan at best !

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I hope you pursue the matter legally. Hire a lawyer and sue, I would, even at costs exceeding the surgery. You may also be able find pro bono help. Simply hiring a lawyer to do a letter demanding your money back may be enough, it will definitely get their attention and get a response at least. You will most likely have to sign a NDA though if you settle.

The surgeon must be made accountable. Contact IAHRS immediately, the surgeon should be investigated and removed from the list.

Don't be a victim, they aren't ignoring you because they care about you or your story in any way, they're ignoring you because they want to keep your money.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Hello Deal and thanks for giving this valuable advice , I have decided on your advice to contact IAHRS and tell them everything that has happened, and I can provide them with records of all communication between myself and the surgeon and clinic.

Sometimes when it all gets to much to cope with, doing nothing seems best.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by suarez View Post
    Alan ,

Just my opinion , but if I were you , I would keep the surgeon / clinic details to yourself for now. Send them a link to this thread , and state that if a full refund is not confirmed within 7 days , then you will reveal all the details and photographic evidence to go with it . The only way I could see them not giving a full refund would be if they are arrogant or stupid , or both .

A well documented reveal on this ( and other ) websites would do serious damage to the clinic and surgeon . If you delve a little deeper on the major HT sites , you will come across threads that do just that . Once a reputation is tarnished , it can be extremely difficult to get it back , if ever .

As far as your surgeon having an off day ? Nah , too many things in your story lead to incompetence and arrogance as far as I can tell .Read your story a second time , and it really illustrates what shockingly appalling treatment you received . To be honest with you , at this moment in time , I just want you to get your refund so you can at least put that side of the situation to bed . On the other hand , I'd like the surgeon to be named and for his days to be numbered for performing surgery .

That's not a comment I make lightly . I mentioned in a previous post that HT success is not a guarantee . However , the way you were dealt with at the time and since then - well , words fail me , they really do . For all the supposed sympathy from the surgeon , I don't believe he has an ethical bone in his body .

He knows exactly why your surgery was not successful , and he is so greedy that he's chancing this story being revealed on one of the largest HT forums rather than just give you a refund ? Honestly , the mind boggles at the stupidity of it all .

Charlatan at best !
    Hello Suarez after reading your post I am thinking about taking your advice. I have already sent a link to this thread to my surgeon by email, but I have yet to get a response. I will re-send again tonight.

One important thing I have realized by my surgeons comments when he referred to me as an anomaly and the X-factor is that he is trying to shift the blame of my failed HT to me, that I am like some kind of HT failure freak and it's my fault.

My surgeon boasted of thousands of successful hair transplants. I do not know if this is true or not, but he seemed like a well self marketed Fue surgeon. It is mind boggling Suarez, that giving me a refund for a failed HT that left me scarred would be a problem, he has already admitted to me face to face when I went to see him and by email that it was a failure and he was sorry.

I will take some photos of the scarring and my crown and the frontal area and have them ready in case, this will show the extent of my HT failure.

Thank you for the advice Suarez, your posts really open my eyes even more to my situation.

Alan.

I think all of the people on this thread have good intentions with their advice, but in the real world, you can not threaten to harm someone’s reputation for money. That’s called extortion, so you have to make sure that you do not threaten this surgeon or clinic. Keep doing what you’re doing and let them know that you are considering naming the surgeon and the clinic, without making any demands that can be viewed as extortion. So just be smart. use calm language, post only the facts You can let them know that you are considering naming them, because you are frustrated or something, but do not threaten them for money. Judging from your written story, it does seem that a full refund is in order, but be smart about it. I have read many extortion type posts on other forums, but many of them end in lawsuits against the patients and a lot of extra heartaches caused by ignorance of the law and other members egging posters on. Just continue to be smart about things. Contact the proper channels and if the doctor told you that you would get a refund, I’m sure they will eventually give you one. Like I said, they would be stupid not to, they have too much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I think all of the people on this thread have good intentions with their advice, but in the real world, you can not threaten to harm someone’s reputation for money. That’s called extortion, so you have to make sure that you do not threaten this surgeon or clinic. Keep doing what you’re doing and let them know that you are considering naming the surgeon and the clinic, without making any demands that can be viewed as extortion. So just be smart. use calm language, post only the facts You can let them know that you are considering naming them, because you are frustrated or something, but do not threaten them for money. Judging from your written story, it does seem that a full refund is in order, but be smart about it. I have read many extortion type posts on other forums, but many of them end in lawsuits against the patients and a lot of extra heartaches caused by ignorance of the law and other members egging posters on. Just continue to be smart about things. Contact the proper channels and if the doctor told you that you would get a refund, I’m sure they will eventually give you one. Like I said, they would be stupid not to, they have too much to lose.
    Fair points Payday , but he is only asking for what has already been promised .He's not looking to profit from this and there is nothing criminal about this at all .

I'm also sure Alan is wise enough to word any such communications to make the point without being explicit .

Indeed , I'm not privileged as to know what was in the terms and conditions of the contract were in this particular instance , but I'm sure there will be some form of recourse for both parties in the event of an alleged breach of contract .If there is no contract , common law will apply in relation to restitution / compensation .

Just to add , If Alan has evidence to back up his claims , then the surgeon / clinic could be potentially looking at far , far greater costs than the cost of the HT alone should he decide to go down the legal route .That's why I'm so baffled by the way they are going about this .

Quote Originally Posted by suarez View Post
    Just to add , If Alan has evidence to back up his claims , then the surgeon / clinic could be potentially looking at far , far greater costs than the cost of the HT alone should he decide to go down the legal route .That's why I'm so baffled by the way they are going about this .
    Suarez, I agree with you 100%, but the law might not, and hair transplant results are considered subjective in the eyes of the law. It’s not what you know in the law, it’s what you can prove. He would have no case against the clinic unless a credible witness was willing to come forward to corroborate Alan’s story. It’s naive to think otherwise.

All Alan has to do is continue to me smart. Naming names is fine if it is done in the right way. He just has to stick to the facts, and not make any threats or add anything that is not sticking to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Hello PayDay, I completely agree with you, I sent the surgeon an email today stating that I had told my story on these forums and I had with held his name.
    I also told him the facts that I had mentioned in my story, but I know he is already aware of these facts. I even started my email off with " Hello Dr I hope you are well"

I have always been polite and I have never used bad or abusive language, in fact looking back in the past at previous emails and communication with him, including phone calls, It seems I was a bit of an apologist on his behalf towards myself, if that makes any sense, when maybe I should of been more upfront about my feelings. My emails have always been questions about my procedures, which I never get answers to.

I have said I am very frustrated, and that I am considering making a complaint about my procedure to the IAHRS.

I realize that it is best to stick to the facts and tell it exactly how it happened. I purposely did not give any personal opinions about the surgeon or the clinic in my story, because I believe just telling the facts of the events that happened is good enough, although I did state that making me wait 1 hour in the rain and cold was unprofessional.

I have read how Hair transplant patients have very little protection from the law when it comes to legal battles. I believe I may be half way through the battle with the fact my surgeon has admitted my HT was a failure and he did not know why. I have documented emails and texts to back up those claims.

I do not have any documented proof of an agreed refund though where he said he would contact the clinic, that was done verbally over the phone.

Thank you for your very valuable advice PayDay I will continue to try and conduct myself in a professional and calm manner.

Alan.