+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

You are not alone Alan. I think a lot of people can't understand how devastating a poor outcome of a HT is. I have spent the last 2 years of my life unable to carry a relationship, ashamed, beaten down, and ridden with anxiety and depression over this myself. It's like a nightmare that you can't control and cannot wake up from. Hang in there bro, most people you encounter may not understand but people on this forum understand and are here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    You are not alone Alan. I think a lot of people can't understand how devastating a poor outcome of a HT is. I have spent the last 2 years of my life unable to carry a relationship, ashamed, beaten down, and ridden with anxiety and depression over this myself. It's like a nightmare that you can't control and cannot wake up from. Hang in there bro, most people you encounter may not understand but people on this forum understand and are here to help.
    Hello James, you have described perfectly how I feel and what I am going through. Coming here and speaking to other people like yourself who has been through and still is going through a bad time, and also know how I feel, it brings a feeling of unity and that I am not alone. I feel like I am battling on two fronts here, I am fighting my personal battle with coming to terms with and living with my post HT failure and scarring. Then there is the battle with my surgeon to fight for what's right and to get justice for my Dad and myself.

I think maybe the surgeon and clinic know what I am going through and are maybe hoping I don't have any fight in me.
    Maybe this is why there has been complete silence from them, my surgeon thinks if he ignores me I will just go away.
    But I will not go away and thanks to some truly inspiring advice and support from this community I will carry on.

Thanks for your support James, I hope I can be of support to you in the future when you may also need it.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    Really sorry to hear your story Allan regarding your father and the failed hair transplant. Unfortunately you are not the only one in this situation with poor results from this type of proceedure. I hope you can get your money back. Unfortunately all those grafts will be lost and this is the reason we need better treatments then those we currently have. All the best.
    Hello doingmyheadin, I now know there are many people out there in my situation. I realize that the grafts are now lost for good. I had 3500 hairs implanted in my crown, but I am still as bald as I was before my transplant. The sooner we have better the treatments the sooner people will not have to go through what I have, and what other forum members have been through.

But I still read on these forums of so many successful hair transplants, it's very depressing to think I had to be in the minority that failed, even if it was due to negligence

Thanks for taking the time to read my story and for your support doingmyheadin.

Alan.

I’ve read about HT failures coming from some of the most respected clinics in the world. It sucks, but it happens and that’s why people have to be well informed. The one aspect of your story that really disturbs me is that your surgeon explained that you had difficult grafts to extract and that he didn’t have the proper instruments to work on your type of hair, but it would be “OK”. There are some doctors who would have stopped the procedure, even if the patient is disappointed to let them know that FUE is not the best option for them based on the difficulty of their hair type for graft removal. Maybe you would have made a better candidate for strip or no surgery at all, but I wish the surgeon would have given you that option when he realized you might be a difficult patient to work on. I think your story is important because everyone needs to know that if they are uncomfortable at any point in the surgery they can just tell the surgeon to stop. There were too many red flags.

I am really sorry that you are going through this, but I think you can come out of it stronger and I would be very surprised if you don’t eventually get your refund based on your story and the way you presented it here. For what you have been through you have shown a great deal of class.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1980 View Post
    Hello James, you have described perfectly how I feel and what I am going through. Coming here and speaking to other people like yourself who has been through and still is going through a bad time, and also know how I feel, it brings a feeling of unity and that I am not alone. I feel like I am battling on two fronts here, I am fighting my personal battle with coming to terms with and living with my post HT failure and scarring. Then there is the battle with my surgeon to fight for what's right and to get justice for my Dad and myself.

I think maybe the surgeon and clinic know what I am going through and are maybe hoping I don't have any fight in me.
    Maybe this is why there has been complete silence from them, my surgeon thinks if he ignores me I will just go away.
    But I will not go away and thanks to some truly inspiring advice and support from this community I will carry on.

Thanks for your support James, I hope I can be of support to you in the future when you may also need it.

Alan.
    Alan,
    Our cases are different, but let me briefly describe mine and what I did about it. I got a transplant with an almost nearly full head of hair, literally. It was obviously the stupidest, most regrettable thing I have EVER DONE. My shame, aside, the transplant surgeon was obviously a very unethical person. I had a weird thinning spot in one area of the left temple. I thought it was a simple fix. Day of the transplant, she started transplanting hairs in areas I didn't even know she would. 6 months after and I looked horrible... 2 years later, I look even worst. Either she is the MOST unknowleadgable doc in the world, or knew exactly what would happen and did it anyways for the money... EITHER WAY THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW.

I went on sites like this, and a bunch of others and I stated my complete, HONEST story. About how NO other ethical surgeon would have performed this procedure and HOW it has completely ruined my life. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with stating your case and warning others, just state the FACTS and be honest.... At that point, what was more important than me and what I was going through? was the POSSIBILITY of an 18 year old with minimal hair loss walking into that same clinic and destroying his life. Ever since posting the truth, I have gotten messages from people that read something like, "thank you, you saved my son from this operation", or "I have seriously reconsidered this procedure after reading your case... so on and so forth
    Like any industry, there are parasitic vultures out there that don't give a damn about their patients well being. There only priority is their bottom line. Within a four hour procedure they can destroy someone's life and self confidence and leave them with scars all over their head.
    So, my advice is, go on and speak your story... for your well being and for that of others.

Hi Alan, I'm only a week post op, I had my ht in London... reading your story has really hit home about when things can go wrong, Even a day after surgery, I actually wondered if I had made the right decision, just that nagging doubt that something could happen and I could have a negative result.
    Feel sad reading your story, the thing about all of us on these forums is we all have the confidence issue surrounding our hair, we're all fighting something that deep down I think is always a losing battle! I cant imagine what you have gone through, def don't give up the fight with the surgeon/clinic, you deserve every single penny of your money back and then some! I would at some point name the surgeon/clinic as well, at the end of the day, everyone on these forums are making potentially life changing decisions about which clinic/surgeon to go with, least it keeps other people better informed.
    Don't let them get away with it...i think every surgeon that does a ht is linking there name to it, good or bad results.... I wish you all the best with everything and thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure everything will work out for you in the end... Life is truly s*** sometimes and I feel for you

Wow. Just...wow. I read your story and was practically shaking as I did so. I am so sorry you went through such a bad experience. It shows how shifty some people in this business can be. I think you need to be more forceful with the clinic with regards to getting your money back, given how you were treated, left in the cold rain, had day 2 delayed because they were out partying (!!) etc. Who knows what sort of state the doc and staff were in when they got to you.

I hope you pursue the matter legally. Hire a lawyer and sue, I would, even at costs exceeding the surgery. You may also be able find pro bono help. Simply hiring a lawyer to do a letter demanding your money back may be enough, it will definitely get their attention and get a response at least. You will most likely have to sign a NDA though if you settle.

The surgeon must be made accountable. Contact IAHRS immediately, the surgeon should be investigated and removed from the list.

Don't be a victim, they aren't ignoring you because they care about you or your story in any way, they're ignoring you because they want to keep your money.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I’ve read about HT failures coming from some of the most respected clinics in the world. It sucks, but it happens and that’s why people have to be well informed. The one aspect of your story that really disturbs me is that your surgeon explained that you had difficult grafts to extract and that he didn’t have the proper instruments to work on your type of hair, but it would be “OK”. There are some doctors who would have stopped the procedure, even if the patient is disappointed to let them know that FUE is not the best option for them based on the difficulty of their hair type for graft removal. Maybe you would have made a better candidate for strip or no surgery at all, but I wish the surgeon would have given you that option when he realized you might be a difficult patient to work on. I think your story is important because everyone needs to know that if they are uncomfortable at any point in the surgery they can just tell the surgeon to stop. There were too many red flags.

I am really sorry that you are going through this, but I think you can come out of it stronger and I would be very surprised if you don’t eventually get your refund based on your story and the way you presented it here. For what you have been through you have shown a great deal of class.
    Hello PayDay, I think all it takes is for a HT surgeon to make the wrong decisions or not follow certain protocols and procedures, it can seriously affect the outcome of a successful HT, which is what I think has happened in my own case. I think it does not matter how famous or well known a clinic is, it is down to the surgeon, when you step into that room and sit in the chair the surgeon is 100% responsible for the outcome of a HT.

When the surgeon said to me he had the wrong tools with him for my grafts it did get me very worried, but he went on to tell me how many thousands of successful HT's he had done, I suppose to put my mind at ease. Even then I trusted his judgement, after all he was a Fue HT surgeon.

On my second procedure I was not just uncomfortable PayDay, I was in agony. I did want to stop, but the thought of how long I waited for my HT and what kind of state my scalp would be in from an unfinished half done HT might look like, and the fact I did not want to let my Dad down, or to see his money go to waste. This all went through my mind during my second procedure.

I now definitely do not think I was a good candidate for Fue, it was clear that my donor area was to sparse, but that did not stop the clinic from deciding that my budget would allow even more hair to be taken than the surgeon had originally recommended.
    I agree PayDay, there are a lot of red flags and it's thanks to people from the hair loss community like yourself that are pointing this out to me.

Thank you PayDay for giving me further advice and support, it helps a lot, but I am not so sure if I will come out of this stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Alan,
    Our cases are different, but let me briefly describe mine and what I did about it. I got a transplant with an almost nearly full head of hair, literally. It was obviously the stupidest, most regrettable thing I have EVER DONE. My shame, aside, the transplant surgeon was obviously a very unethical person. I had a weird thinning spot in one area of the left temple. I thought it was a simple fix. Day of the transplant, she started transplanting hairs in areas I didn't even know she would. 6 months after and I looked horrible... 2 years later, I look even worst. Either she is the MOST unknowleadgable doc in the world, or knew exactly what would happen and did it anyways for the money... EITHER WAY THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW.

I went on sites like this, and a bunch of others and I stated my complete, HONEST story. About how NO other ethical surgeon would have performed this procedure and HOW it has completely ruined my life. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with stating your case and warning others, just state the FACTS and be honest.... At that point, what was more important than me and what I was going through? was the POSSIBILITY of an 18 year old with minimal hair loss walking into that same clinic and destroying his life. Ever since posting the truth, I have gotten messages from people that read something like, "thank you, you saved my son from this operation", or "I have seriously reconsidered this procedure after reading your case... so on and so forth
    Like any industry, there are parasitic vultures out there that don't give a damn about their patients well being. There only priority is their bottom line. Within a four hour procedure they can destroy someone's life and self confidence and leave them with scars all over their head.
    So, my advice is, go on and speak your story... for your well being and for that of others.
    Hello James, I am very shocked to read about your case and everything you have also been through, our cases are different, but also similar in many ways. It must give you a lot of satisfaction to know you helped saved many people from going through what we both have and are going through, you deserve all the praise in the world for that.

I am considering revealing the surgeon and clinic who did my procedure at some point, but at the moment I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. As PayDay has mentioned there are a lot of red flags from my procedure, but did my surgeon just have an off day? If he indeed has had so many successful HT why did he make the decisions he did that led to my HT failure where the grafts did not take, which also left me with a head full of scares.

What is also sad is that these so called HT surgeons give a bad name in general for the professional and reputable HT surgeons that do very successful HT that change peoples lives for the better. I often think if only I had made a different choice of surgeon things might of been different.

Alan.