+ Reply to Thread

Default 25 year old with thinning crown

Hi guys , I am 25 years old and recently I started noticing that my hair is thinning on my crown .The hair line receded when I was in my late teens and pretty much held itself and I dont notice any significant recession .But my crown is thinning and this is worrying me .I cannot not stop thinking about it.

I want to know if is MPB or just stress as I have been working 13-14 hours a day for the past 7 months and have to deal with a lot of stress and meeting deadlines kind of stuff.Every time I pull my hair on the crown , I see 5-6 strands falling off and the same amount when I comb .Over all I noticed that I shed some 30 -40 hairs
    every day.
    My father is in his early 50s and he started thinning now.My uncle (Mother's brother is a NW2 and has pretty thick hair ).
    I am attaching some pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20151217_007.jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	43619Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20151217_014.jpg

Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	43620

Please advise if I should get on fin?

Sometimes those can just be hair whorls, but did you take the photo under normal or artificial light? Because heavy artificial lights can make things look worse. From the photo though, you still look fine to me, so I wouldn't worry, especially if there's limited hairloss in your family. Just keep an eye out on it now and again. I wouldn't say get on fin now, but if you're adamant, perhaps seek a dermatologist for their advice. In terms of the shedding, those are completely normal and nothing to worry about, as everyone loses around 100 hairs a day. In summary, you seem fine.

Thanks JesseHeisenberg47 ..
    After getting paranoid about my crown loss , I noticed that my left temple is getting worse .I have wavy hair so it is not visible that I have a very receding hair line and I have never paid attention to my hair loss.. its strange that I never used to care about my hair 2 weeks back and now all I think about is hair loss .Can you please tell which nw I belong to and I will be scheduling an appointment with my doctor soon .Like I said before I dont notice shedding more than 30-40 hair per day .I am attaching some photos . Dont have a good camera .. sorry for the quality .
    Thanks
    Attachment 43883

Name:	WP_20151228_008.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	43885

Name:	WP_20151228_009.jpg

Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	43888

Name:	WP_20151228_017.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	43886

Name:	WP_20151228_011.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	43887

Inactive

Hey man. I was already leaning more towards MPB with the crown pictures, and the newer pictures you posted of your hairline support that even more. However, this isn't a cause for panic. (I've been there.)

Personally, I think the best thing you can do is seek out a leading Hair Transplant Surgeon to set up a consultation. Whether or not you are even considering a hair transplant, I think these surgeons are much more equipped to evaluate your hair loss and come up with a solid game plan than a dermatologist is. From my own personal experience and from the experiences of others who post in these forums, the dermatologists seem to be very limited in their knowledge and solutions to MPB.

Find a surgeon and at least get the initial consultation out of the way so that you know what you're working with. For this initial consultation, I don't think it's important that you find "the surgeon" that you would want to work with. Just find someone reputable who can give you solid advice. Then, you can move forward with a lot more knowledge under you belt to make the decision that's best for you - and if you do decide to move forward with a HT, you can start looking more seriously at which specific surgeon you would want to use.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.