+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 years old. Help!!

Hi guys, I'd like to start and say my name is Chris. Up until recently I have always had long hair that covered my hairline. When I got my hair cut I started wearing my hair up, since then one of my friends made a comment saying that my hairline is receding and it has absolutely consumer me since. Everyday I look in the mirror and check my hairline to make sure it looks okay. To be honest my self esteem has really took a hit from it. I don't go out without wearing a hat and I don't let people touch my hair after I style it. My mom says that my hairline looks fine and I'm over reacting. There will be some days where I feel it looks fine and others when I feel like it's receding. Can someone help me out to determine what Norwood I would be considered?
    P.s. I know some people are going to have some mean things to say considering my hair is still somewhat thick but this is a problem that has completely taken over my life. Any honest help would be very appreciated. Thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	43591   Click image for larger version

Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	43592   Click image for larger version

Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	43593  

Not much to worry about man. Doesn't look bad at all. If I saw you on the street I would think you have a full head of hair. However, to assuage your fears, go to a doctor and seek medical advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Not much to worry about man. Doesn't look bad at all. If I saw you on the street I would think you have a full head of hair. However, to assuage your fears, go to a doctor and seek medical advise.
    Well said, I agree. There is no obvious indicators of MPB kicking in but the photos are pretty small. See our doctor and go from there.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HELLO Chris12 !

You came to the right place for commonsense advice.
    Pavi and JoeTillman were both CORRECT in their responses.
    Take their advice.

Chris' more than likely right now, you are only experiencing a maturing of your hairline now.
    Most men start to experience the same thing at your age.
    Acceptance is key for you and all else in regards to anything in life.
    Of course like most men in the world (all of us), you will not have the same hairline as you did when you were a kid.
    That does not mean that you will become bald.
    If you begin to get stressed out over any possibilities in life, you WILL have an unnecessary reduction (possible hairloss) of your hair . So do NOT worry about this. Your hair looks GOOD.
    A maturing hairline is NORMAL in life for most of us.

Cheers my friend.....

Dont listen to your mothers comment.
    Mothers would only say that .

My forehead is double than that of normal boys but still my mother says it is normal .
    She is surely lying .

I'm 17
    We both are alike !!!

when my recession process started (16 years) me too style my hair in such a way it would hide the huge forehead. I also didn't allow my friends to touch my hair.
    But now the things have changed after a year . no matter how I style my hair i can't hide my forehead .

you better request your parents to take you to a reputed dermatologist (in my case my parents didn't listen).
    hope they listen to you.
    Good luck .

And one more , your hairline could (50%) also be a mature hairline .
    so don't lose hope .
    (Anyway you will know it after 4-5 years ).

GOOD LUCK

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

All you young guys here....
    Don't assume anything in life.

Your here on this forum for help...there are a good portion of us members that have good insight and good foresight because we ARE OLDER than you. That is not meant as an insult to any of you young guys here.

As I have asked before,
    you should post good photos of your hairlines,front and back
    (no need to show your faces of course)
    so that WE can give you OBJECTIVE decent advice ASAP.
    Over-emotions do not help anyone in life.
    Over-emotions bring on STRESS ,,and stress WILL cause damage to your hairline.
    I personally would like to help you very young guys.
    (there are others here that want to do the same for you)
    When I was a very young guy, I was lucky to have realized that I was still LEARNING about life in general and that I did not yet have the proper foresight to understand everything.
    After I grew to my late 20s I then UNDERSTOOD so much more. I looked back on my life and was GLAD that i did not ALLOW hairloss or the possibilities of hairloss to AFFECT ME.
    You will all do the same when you reach that age in life.
    Until that time, consider the commonsense here.

i will be honest. it does look like your hairline is mildly receding. it seems like it just got started, so it does look fine.
    if you don't feel like visiting a doctor yet, you can take monthly pictures of your hairline. this way you can compare your hairline and evaluate how it has changed. wishing you the best, mate!