JAK Inhibitors and Hair Loss - Dr. Angela Christiano Interview - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

film JAK Inhibitors and Hair Loss - Dr. Angela Christiano Interview

Pharmacologic inhibition of JAK-STAT Signaling Promotes Hair Growth

Spencer Kobren speaks with Angela M. Christiano, PhD about her team’s game changing findings that FDA approved JAK inhibitor drugs induce rapid and robust hair growth when applied topically in both mice and humans. Could JAK inhibitor drugs finally lead to a universally effective treatment for both alopecia areata and common male pattern baldness? It certainly looks promising, and the research community is extremely excited about it.

What can I say? You are the man Spencer! This is very exciting indeed. I hope nothing gets derailed and some big pharma company comes to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    Pharmacologic inhibition of JAK-STAT Signaling Promotes Hair Growth

Spencer Kobren speaks with Angela M. Christiano, PhD about her team’s game changing findings that FDA approved JAK inhibitor drugs induce rapid and robust hair growth when applied topically in both mice and humans. Could JAK inhibitor drugs finally lead to a universally effective treatment for both alopecia areata and common male pattern baldness? It certainly looks promising, and the research community is extremely excited about it.

It's always so much more exciting to hear the "inside baseball" stuff that the media never gives us. This is a really great interview! Let's hope a couple of enterprising doctors start offering some small off lable trials to people who can afford it. I would give it a shot especially since Dr. Christiano said that there will be a very small chance of side effects. Seems like this can really be a great treatment!

So, this won't do JAK shit for AGA, eh? Why am I not ****ing surprised? God, I might just end this miserable life already, there will be no cure, and even if something comes out, it will provide marginal results like 20% regrowth which, guess what, it won't make any ****ing difference at all. Maintenace IS NOT and it WILL NEVER BE a cure, most of us will be high norwoods by the time something better comes and it will be the same thing as paying high amounts ofmoney to mantain an old, ugly and broken Cadillac, just for the sake of saying you have one.
    God Damn it, I hate nature with all my guts and I wish I could kick that slut in the ****ing ****, ****ing bitch lol

(sorry, had to get this off my chest)

Quote Originally Posted by Link Mahboi View Post
    So, this won't do JAK shit for AGA, eh? Why am I not ****ing surprised? God, I might just end this miserable life already, there will be no cure, and even if something comes out, it will provide marginal results like 20% regrowth which, guess what, it won't make any ****ing difference at all. Maintenace IS NOT and it WILL NEVER BE a cure, most of us will be high norwoods by the time something better comes and it will be the same thing as paying high amounts ofmoney to mantain an old, ugly and broken Cadillac, just for the sake of saying you have one.
    God Damn it, I hate nature with all my guts and I wish I could kick that slut in the ****ing ****, ****ing bitch lol

Histogen undeniably works and the necessary trials will be completed in an acceptable timeframe. And it will cost only a fraction of a transplant. And bimatoprost works. And SM04554 seems to work. And Replicel/Shiseido claim a working product and have specified a not-too-distant release date too. Not sure why these facts haven't really been recognised yet but that's what they are. And these things also make transplants a viable option since requiring repeated operations and possibly running out of donor hair won't be an issue. The topic of this video is old news too, it was announced ages ago.

I haven't listened to the interview yet. Why? Does she state this will not work for MPB?

3 to 5 years...again

too late for many

Relax people.

Very interesting interview, thank you Spencer.

she was really beating around the bush when it came to answering that question. she did not want to give a definitive answer, although for some reason I think she knows. my guess, and this is my guess only, is that she is trying to prolong this as much as she can to get research money over the next five to ten years. as far as I know she doesn't own the rights to these drugs and wouldn't make any money if this is a cure or a fix. she's only getting money as a researcher, correct? if that's the case then the only way she makes money is by constantly researching.

again to me it seems like these rare problems (AA, vitiligo) are what's being addressed but it hits a small percentage of the population. These findings keep everyone interested about the drugs potential but MPB is not being touched. that's because MPB the big payday right and once that solved they are out of a job

there has been no information as to what concentration would work in a topical right? I would really love to ask my dermatologist to have this compounded but I have no idea what percentage to use

Her lab is testing now for AGA. What part of that did you not hear? She's being realistic, but these drugs are the only safe drugs known to man that convert telogen hair into anagen hair and does it rapidly. It's a big deal for both AA and AGA.