+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Among all the news/products/brands this path seems the one that should give use the most hopes in the nearest future - The history is rather clear, a sufferer, which happens to be also brilliant researcher, finds the cure(undoubtly The Cure for that special type of baldness). Her target was to fix something, not to sell - now she realized she is on the verge of a monumental discovery and one that can change her life and hundreds of millions of people worldwide. She will for sure be rich and famous, I think and hope that only business issues are the ones delaying the process and not excessive FDA procedures. Maybe you guys lived moments like these since the 90's ... But I dunno, subjective to maximum, this just feels right, if not for one, it lacks bombasticity of all the other "sollutions". Kudos to her, she already changed the lives of several patients. On those forums you see people coming back between the living, what a horrible thing they had to suffer, compared to this, my NW 3 is a "moft". Come on guys, cheer up a bit and dry this out as yoy always did. It seems to me BTT cutying edge forum lost a bit its marbles or maybe everyone that mattered went to Turkey for FUE and then entered 2 months of hiding for recovery(seems to be the actual true needed period, not 2 weeks as all clinics bullshit about, minimum needed to go out confident without the others noticing) I am honest to myself, I care about my care because I care how I look in the mirror and in the eyes of my circle of friends/colleagues/etc - they call us shallow, but this is a health issue, not a cosmetic one. It does not endager life of course, of course you can live with it and still be happy, but I a sure, no one, ever, will feel complete again until this is curred. Altough I do not post on forums, I read almost everything and BTT helped me understand not to do mistakes and if I will ever decide going the fue path, the it will for sure be an assumed decision with all the goods and bad. Thank you guys and please come back!

My wife , works at Abbvie pharmaceutical company , she was telling me that they have a JAK inhibitor in clinical trials phase 2 for rheumatoid arthritis. So for fun i sent them a message basically begging them to test it on hairloss and how it could be a cure worth billions . They said they would try to respond in 2 days , if they do, and i highly doubt it , i will update on the forum . It would be awsome to get a huge company that has drugs like humira , vicodin, and erythromycin, such as Abbvie in the game . Im sure that would speed up results

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    ok so why aren't we talking about making topical formulas of these two drugs or seeking out already topical made formulations? shouldn't we be thinking about this
    Yes, we should.

Quote Originally Posted by strife91 View Post
    Hello , i haven't been on here in years lol
    I was part of this groupbuy and still have a few grams of tofa sitting in my freezer. Less than ten of us got this and only a couple tried it at low dose(<1%) and that did actually help. Tried for longer at a higher dose would be interesting
    Would appreciate some more detail on this. What vehicle did you use and 1x/2x a day and how did it help exactly? And why didn't you guys keep using it and why did some not try it at all? What a waste of money.

Anyway, I would figure if they didn't work well it could be due to the short half life of the drugs. Tofacitinib is only 3 hours. It really may be necessary to find the perfect vehicle to allow administration to remain continuous over a long period each day.

This is my first post.
    I am pretty far along, NW5, and would like to start re-growing hair.
    I have probably let it go for too long, as I was not sure of whether I would be able to do anything to reverse it. Now that I am older and have learned a thing or two, I decided to use my education to tackle this issue.

What got me started is my recent work interview:
    It is pretty uncomfortable when the interviewer is intently staring at your bald spot several times for several seconds each. I got the job, but that got me thinking that even though I have been OK with balding for over a decade, some people around me are not, and who knows how it has affected my life without me being aware of it...
    So I am going to tackle this sleek sumo wrestler of a development, and see who pushes who out of the rink.

What do you guys think of Phosphatidylcholine (30% fat/water) liposomal/ Propylene glycol 5/1 ratio as a transdermal delivery vehicle for 1% by weight of Tofacitinib Citrate?
    Also, is 1% just about right for dosage or should I dilute my concoction?

By the way, that drug is too dang expensive and hard to get.

one thing i dont understand.
    in the rat's test -
    how did they induceds the rats' backs to have androgenic alopecia ?

They didn't, they had alopecia areata...I think. Either that or they waxed those poor babies!

The rats are not people, and yet the effect of Tofacitinib is quite dramatic. It hits a common pathway, and has many downstream effects, that is my I am pretty-sure it would decrease the hair loss in AGA at least and reverse loss at most.
    I am not sure what causes Balding in men, but I am fairly certain that the frontal balding and crown balding are different in that the front of my scalp has skin that is half the thickness that it is supposed to be and it is not that bad up top. That loss of tissue usually happens due to expression of TNF-alpha and apoptosis of fibroblasts, endothelial cells etc. That is immune-system mediated, sort of like applying corticosteroids to the same spot for months, skin thins out and can not support deeper follicles.
    I tried dermastamping two days ago (ouch) and that is how I found out how deep my nerve endings are at different locations on the scalp (varying the depth of needles). I can not recommend the torture, but the experiment taught me some things. Anyways...

I started applying the following to my NW-5 noggin twice daily starting 3 weeks ago:

1 - Tofacitinib 65mg+ Atraric acid Extract+ Trigonelline Extract (40mL + EtOH + Water 20mL) = 60mL of 0.1% Tofacitinib solution

2 - 5mL Castor oil + 10mL Micelles + 15mL Minoxidil 6% + Finasteride 0.1% = 30mL

3 - 2% Ketoconazole cream (later)

I rub in the first two with a new medium-hard toothbrush.
    I took the before pictures and once a week thereafter. So far, no visible effects.
    My scalp has stopped itching completely, even before I started using the Ketoconazole a week ago.

It's doing something I would say, so far there are no other effects though, side or intended.
    It seems to be hitting all of the known points that are known: PGE-2 up, PGD-2, DHT down as well as all of the things Tofacitinib and Minoxidil are supposed to be doing.

Any suggestions on improving my regimen?

.1% tofacitinib twice a day is likely not nearly concentrated enough to work. I know it's expensive but I doubt we'll learn anything from this approach. And you have to have it in something that will get into the scalp as it's a large molecule.

I bought some emu oil 8 days ago and will try to dissolve tofacitinib in it. I've increased the Tofacitinib to 0.5 Gram per 50 mL of solution. The Emu oil stays put for many hours and I apply it after rubbing in the first two solutions. I apply the Ketoconazole every other day on top of Emu oil. There are tiny bumps on my scalp now, they ay be inflammatory, but do not not itch at all and are way too tiny to be pimples. They may be representative of hair follivles ramping-up thickness of the lanugo hair on my scalp (hopefully).
    The whole mix is on my scalp for 16 hours out of the day, I wash it off at bedtime so that my pillow case stays clean.