+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Big question to any of you guys.
    So lets say i had AA and want to try these drugs off label, how does my dr go about finding what concentration and vehicle were used in rhe previous successful tests??

That info has to be availble somewhere, so other doctors who want to prescribe off label can do so, right? Or does each dr just shoot blindly at this?

You would probably need to get in contact with those doctors and ask. One of them was the guy Spencer interviews in a video he posted in this thread.

I think that if this works for you there would be a a much greater media frenzi than there was for the AA patient. Dr Christiniano says results could begin within a few days. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    Big question to any of you guys.
    So lets say i had AA and want to try these drugs off label, how does my dr go about finding what concentration and vehicle were used in rhe previous successful tests??

That info has to be availble somewhere, so other doctors who want to prescribe off label can do so, right? Or does each dr just shoot blindly at this?
    Have you read Christiano's recent paper that she references in the interview? It might describe the topical dose they used on mice...not that it would absolutely translate, but you could compare it to the oral dose the mice were given and base the topical solution (for yourself) on the same ratio seen w/ mice.

Why has Dr Brett King not trialled the cream on himself for MPB if he can get prescriptions for his patients with AA?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.
    +1

The dosage on mice would likely not be nearly enough since mice seem to respond better to these treatments than ppl do.
    I know the article said the cream was applied 2 times a day. Thats really all the info i can tell her now.
    1%. 10% idk. Huge difference.
    Ive tried to contact B. King before w no reply. Maybe ill try again

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    Why has Dr Brett King not trialled the cream on himself for MPB if he can get prescriptions for his patients with AA?
    yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
    if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
    if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.
    Believe it or not, but not everyone that's balding/is bald cares about it.

Default JAK testing

So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff.
    Hopefully it will be better the Follicept