+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    I'm going to see her because she actually has let me try things off label before. She's the one that gave me the prescription for Dut and Latisse, so fingers crossed she can somehow get this push through
    What would she likely prescribe you? Tocabin or whatever it's called?

film Related Interview With Yale’s Dr. Brent King Providing His Prospective

Watch Spencer Kobren’s in-depth interview with Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Brett King, as he discusses, how with the help of Dr. Angela Christiano’s original groundbreaking research, he reversed the hair loss process in a young man who suffered with alopecia areata for most of his life. This interview was posted earlier this year and illustrates the rate of progress with JAK inhibitors since this interview was conducted. There is no doubt that while researchers remain conservative when it comes to time lines and discussing the effects of JAK inhibitors for the treatment of common male pattern hair loss, significant progress has been made since the interview with Dr. King and there is no doubt that AGA is in their sights.

Ruxo and tofacib are anti-inflammatory drugs is it???aga often has scalp inflammation with hair loss like in my own case.
    If so than this can work for aga , what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.
    Your imbecile, I wasn't calling Dr Christiano a slut, I was calling Mother Nature ! Oh, wait, now I can't call Mother Nature a slut either, even tho she is an unjust, insidious, hierachical bitch? Man you're indeed one very forgiving lad, how can you love Mother Nature after what she has done to you? lol

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    Watch Spencer Kobren’s in-depth interview with Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Brett King, as he discusses, how with the help of Dr. Angela Christiano’s original groundbreaking research, he reversed the hair loss process in a young man who suffered with alopecia areata for most of his life. This interview was posted earlier this year and illustrates the rate of progress with JAK inhibitors since this interview was conducted. There is no doubt that while researchers remain conservative when it comes to time lines and discussing the effects of JAK inhibitors for the treatment of common male pattern hair loss, significant progress has been made since the interview with Dr. King and there is no doubt that AGA is in their sights.

Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Link Mahboi View Post
    Your imbecile, I wasn't calling Dr Christiano a slut, I was calling Mother Nature ! Oh, wait, now I can't call Mother Nature a slut either, even tho she is an unjust, insidious, hierachical bitch? Man you're indeed one very forgiving lad, how can you love Mother Nature after what she has done to you? lol
    haha... my bad, I didn't properly interpret your post. No worries brother. Mother nature is more than a slut, In the words of Nirvana, "mother nature is a whore".

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    haha... my bad, I didn't properly interpret your post. No worries brother. Mother nature is more than a slut, In the words of Nirvana, "mother nature is a whore".
    Exactly, thanks for bringing up that quote, I was going to do it soon or later :P

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.
    She said they can’t “repurpose” the drug to administer and distribute to patients like a physician can do in their practice since she is not a medical doctor. Of course they can do it for an AGA trial on a small number of participants. They’ve already done it on mice to see how it works on normal hair cycling. I’m sure they plan on doing the same on humans.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. It wouldnt be too hard to find a volunteer to see if it actually does anything worth while!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti1 View Post
    What would she likely prescribe you? Tocabin or whatever it's called?
    I have no idea yet. I'm going to print out some of these news articles that point to it being beneficial to hair and see if she'll go for any of it. it's not like I need 30 or 60 pills, just enough to make maybe a 1% solution to test for a month