JAK Inhibitors and Hair Loss - Dr. Angela Christiano Interview - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I don't get it. Why can Christiano test this in her lab for areata and not do preliminary studies for AGA? I get that funding a full on clinical trial is more complicated, but they didnt do a clinical trial for areata either, they just went for it. ??? confusing- anyone have any clarity on this? Also, this seems like way more of a no brainer for a pharma to jump on than the PGD2 stuff, the fact that they tested this on DP spheres and it had such a huge impact means that there's no way this doesnt have some positive effect for aga. JAK inhibitors clearly impact the follicle positively either way. Come on drug compaines- get on this!! Makes no sense that pharma wuld fund things like bimatoporst, which has such limited efficacy, and not this. Does anyone know of forum members trialling a JAK inhibitor topically? It didn't seem like christiano was particularly concerned about that, seems the drugs are really pretty safe. If I had the money, I'd do it.
    this is also been my point all along. they have tested it on people with AA, vitilgo, people that cannot grow eyebrows and I believe one other skin condition... All without an official clinical trial!

why can't they try it on people with AGA without a trial??

she even said in the interview, it either works or it won't and it won't take a long time to find out. so why not try it on a few people for a month or two, especially when the risk of side effects is solo topically.

screw this I'm making an appointment with my dermatologist next week to see what she thinks about this

just made my appointment for the 28th of December. I'll update you guys on what she says after the appointment

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.
    This.
    I'd say this is a bannable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    This.
    I'd say this is a bannable offense.
    are you referring to MY post? I am defending her against name calling... I like Dr. Christiano! she's an incredible woman, super intelligent and I love her laugh. Actually I think I might be in love with her!

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    just made my appointment for the 28th of December. I'll update you guys on what she says after the appointment
    Ask her why she thinks these peeps feel free to test this stuff off-trial all the time for other things but won't test it for AGA.

I'm going to see her because she actually has let me try things off label before. She's the one that gave me the prescription for Dut and Latisse, so fingers crossed she can somehow get this push through

Listen to from 5:37 in the interview she says, "That, again random observation, was sort of what led us to take the hold Jak inhibitor program and move it out of alopecia areata and into normal hair cycling.” What do you think normal hair cycling means? They are testing on AGA and other forms of hair loss too. The thing is, even if the testing is positive they still need backing and she made it apparent that the crazy crowd funding schemes won't really move things along. I thought that was a good point. I think the interview helped to take the whole conspiratorial aspect out of the equation and focused on the reality of how things work. Emailing these researchers and starting crowdfunding campaigns won't do shit. People on these forums can debate about cures all they want or bother these researchers, or send people to conferences, but it won't change a thing. I'm just glad that Spencer has such intimate access to these researchers. Believe me, when the cure is here, he'll know first. You can hear how these researchers react to him that he's deeply in the know and even friends with these people.

are you referring to MY post? I am defending her against name calling... I like Dr. Christiano! she's an incredible woman, super intelligent and I love her laugh. Actually I think I might be in love with her!
    I agree with you. She is obviously an extremely intelligent woman and has one hell of a sexy voice and giggle

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I agree with you. She is obviously an extremely intelligent woman and has one hell of a sexy voice and giggle
    hahaha yes. and IF she brings to market a strong remedy for AGA, then I will propose to her!

No, I was referring to the post you were responding to.