JAK Inhibitors and Hair Loss - Dr. Angela Christiano Interview - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    3 to 5 years...again

too late for many

Or none if you're on fin...if you're one if those people debating it, only old balding men who are bitter spread the fact it kills dick lol.

ShookOnes, plenty of relatively young guys like me tried fin when they still had a good head of hair.
    No one's saying it's not worth giving it a shot, but claiming fin doesn't and can't possibly cause severe side effects in some perfectly healthy people is complete idiotism. Take your twattery elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Her lab is testing now for AGA. What part of that did you not hear? She's being realistic, but these drugs are the only safe drugs known to man that convert telogen hair into anagen hair and does it rapidly. It's a big deal for both AA and AGA.
    I listened to the interview and did not hear her say anything about her lab now testing for AGA (MPB AND FPB). What I got was her saying she was trying to get pharma to fund trials for AGA.

If they already tested it on people with AA how hard would it be to find 2 peoople even 1 person with MPB to put it on there head and see if it grows hair back. Im sure theres someone with MPB who works in there lab who would be more then happy to give it a try (maybe the janitor). Then they would have there answer and im sure there will being many investors lining up!

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    3 to 5 years...again

too late for many
    LOL it's 3-5 years for PHASE I, if (and that's a big if) a pharma company decides to investigate this for AGA instead of areata.

These findings don't matter if no companies will trial it.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    she was really beating around the bush when it came to answering that question. she did not want to give a definitive answer, although for some reason I think she knows. my guess, and this is my guess only, is that she is trying to prolong this as much as she can to get research money over the next five to ten years. as far as I know she doesn't own the rights to these drugs and wouldn't make any money if this is a cure or a fix. she's only getting money as a researcher, correct? if that's the case then the only way she makes money is by constantly researching.

again to me it seems like these rare problems (AA, vitiligo) are what's being addressed but it hits a small percentage of the population. These findings keep everyone interested about the drugs potential but MPB is not being touched. that's because MPB the big payday right and once that solved they are out of a job

there has been no information as to what concentration would work in a topical right? I would really love to ask my dermatologist to have this compounded but I have no idea what percentage to use
    She answered pretty clearly - there are simply no solid plans to look into its effectiveness for AGA. She said a company would have to decide to invest in testing it for AGA, refining its delivery, etc.

I would have rather heard her opinion on other drugs in testing (especially Samumed's, since I think she has helped with phase II in some sense). This isn't really much of an issue considering it would probably be 10 years to market if they started testing today (unless they can skip phase I due to the amount of data on Jak inhibitors, but it seems they have limited information on topical delivery).

I don't get it. Why can Christiano test this in her lab for areata and not do preliminary studies for AGA? I get that funding a full on clinical trial is more complicated, but they didnt do a clinical trial for areata either, they just went for it. ??? confusing- anyone have any clarity on this? Also, this seems like way more of a no brainer for a pharma to jump on than the PGD2 stuff, the fact that they tested this on DP spheres and it had such a huge impact means that there's no way this doesnt have some positive effect for aga. JAK inhibitors clearly impact the follicle positively either way. Come on drug compaines- get on this!! Makes no sense that pharma wuld fund things like bimatoporst, which has such limited efficacy, and not this. Does anyone know of forum members trialling a JAK inhibitor topically? It didn't seem like christiano was particularly concerned about that, seems the drugs are really pretty safe. If I had the money, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I don't get it. Why can Christiano test this in her lab for areata and not do preliminary studies for AGA? I get that funding a full on clinical trial is more complicated, but they didnt do a clinical trial for areata either, they just went for it. ??? confusing- anyone have any clarity on this? Also, this seems like way more of a no brainer for a pharma to jump on than the PGD2 stuff, the fact that they tested this on DP spheres and it had such a huge impact means that there's no way this doesnt have some positive effect for aga. JAK inhibitors clearly impact the follicle positively either way. Come on drug compaines- get on this!! Makes no sense that pharma wuld fund things like bimatoporst, which has such limited efficacy, and not this. Does anyone know of forum members trialling a JAK inhibitor topically? It didn't seem like christiano was particularly concerned about that, seems the drugs are really pretty safe. If I had the money, I'd do it.

totally agreed! nothing will come out of it if we don't trial this on our own. we need to get our hands on JAK inhibitors asap! only thing is, we need some professional chemists who are able to create a nice formulation for absorbtion.
    this JAK stuff seems promising and we have to wait another 3 to 5 years for first results? screw that! where are the pros of the usual group buys, with chemical know how? we need that stuff on our heads now!

Great interview! What date is this from exactly? I can't find it on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by Link Mahboi View Post
    So, this won't do JAK shit for AGA, eh? Why am I not ****ing surprised? God, I might just end this miserable life already, there will be no cure, and even if something comes out, it will provide marginal results like 20% regrowth which, guess what, it won't make any ****ing difference at all. Maintenace IS NOT and it WILL NEVER BE a cure, most of us will be high norwoods by the time something better comes and it will be the same thing as paying high amounts ofmoney to mantain an old, ugly and broken Cadillac, just for the sake of saying you have one.
    God Damn it, I hate nature with all my guts and I wish I could kick that slut in the ****ing ****, ****ing bitch lol

(sorry, had to get this off my chest)
    That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.
    I think he was calling nature a slut (not the doctor). PS Im sure if Dr Christiano wanted to know if it worked for AGA she could quite easily find a volunteer with MPB i working in her lab. Then she would have her answer and pharma would be lining up to invest!