+ Reply to Thread

Default New to forum. Been going pshyco for the past 8 months.

Hey guys been a lurker here for about 4 months just browsing. I first noticed my hair line was thining after a hair cut and could see scalp in the bathroom mirror with certain light, I freaked lol.

I went through some denial for awhile but I've excepted it even tho I'm the only one on both sides of my family dealing with this poop "lucky one "

I went from what would seem to be a nw1 to nw 2-3 in not even a year :0

Just wented to see what you guys think my best option is. I started fin yesterday after having it for about month just to scared to take it because all the horror stories.

Thanks guys
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123811.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	43581   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123958.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	43582   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123936.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	43583   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123823.jpg

Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	43584   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123821.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	43585   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_123838.jpg

Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	43586  

Quote Originally Posted by Thewelhasp0is0n View Post
    Hey guys been a lurker here for about 4 months just browsing. I first noticed my hair line was thining after a hair cut and could see scalp in the bathroom mirror with certain light, I freaked lol.

I went through some denial for awhile but I've excepted it even tho I'm the only one on both sides of my family dealing with this poop "lucky one "

I went from what would seem to be a nw1 to nw 2-3 in not even a year :0

Just wented to see what you guys think my best option is. I started fin yesterday after having it for about month just to scared to take it because all the horror stories.

Thanks guys
    Chris
    let go of the stories man, i ve been on fin 10+years started at 21 with no issues bc i never once read that shite(i am sure there are ppl with sides), if you know your body it will tell you if u are having problems, but if you are worrying to much about you will notice things that are not even there and it will stress you out, if you want to maintain and possibly regrow start now and dont look back enjoy it,stay healthy hit the gym eat as healthy as one can and you wil be fine

Quote Originally Posted by vtheripper View Post
    let go of the stories man, i ve been on fin 10+years started at 21 with no issues bc i never once read that shite(i am sure there are ppl with sides), if you know your body it will tell you if u are having problems, but if you are worrying to much about you will notice things that are not even there and it will stress you out, if you want to maintain and possibly regrow start now and dont look back enjoy it,stay healthy hit the gym eat as healthy as one can and you wil be fine
    thanks for the respond vtheripper just that simple paragraph made me feel more optomistic about my hair situation then I've felt for the past 8 months. This shit can do a number to Ur self confidence. I will continue to take fin and see how it works with my body. Question tho as someone that's been on it for 10+ years were u able to keep most of Ur hair? Did u start when u first noticed it?

thanks for the respond vtheripper just that simple paragraph made me feel more optomistic about my hair situation then I've felt for the past 8 months. This shit can do a number to Ur self confidence. I will continue to take fin and see how it works with my body. Question tho as someone that's been on it for 10+ years were u able to keep most of Ur hair? Did u start when u first noticed it?

You sure you not ill or something? Iron defficiency?

Lonny not that I kno of, I was originally thinking maybe it was because I do have problems with my digestive system. Its just weird that my dad and all my uncles on my mom's and dad's side have no balding (maybe a slight recedin hairline on my dad). I through the theory of it being a illness when I saw the pattern that was forming the classic m shape of mpb. I have no thiining on the crown. Just frontal receding and thining.

it took me a while to accept that i was loosing hair, denial i guess, i went to one dermatologist and he said i was fine, but within a month, two of my friends told me that i wont have a single hair left by the time i was 30, and that was at 21 years old, thats when i started to go crazy and after washing my hair i would find a ton of hair no joke, so i looked up the best dermatologist in Atl went there and thats what she prescribed and suggested rogaine, i was able to regrow some back and maintained everything else, i do take very good care of myself gym, decent diet,and try not be to crazy about it, i know its tough, the reason i joined this website is bc i want to know what else i can do to be better( i am a perfectionist lol), and right now thats all it is, i really do hope that something else comes around soon, but i am not holding my breath. I have considered to do a hair transplant just to fix the little damage on the temples but its not that bad even though it bothers me a little.i do envy the guys that can pull of a bald look but i am not giving up this fight and so far so good, i wish the same for you

Quote Originally Posted by vtheripper View Post
    it took me a while to accept that i was loosing hair, denial i guess, i went to one dermatologist and he said i was fine, but within a month, two of my friends told me that i wont have a single hair left by the time i was 30, and that was at 21 years old, thats when i started to go crazy and after washing my hair i would find a ton of hair no joke, so i looked up the best dermatologist in Atl went there and thats what she prescribed and suggested rogaine, i was able to regrow some back and maintained everything else, i do take very good care of myself gym, decent diet,and try not be to crazy about it, i know its tough, the reason i joined this website is bc i want to know what else i can do to be better( i am a perfectionist lol), and right now thats all it is, i really do hope that something else comes around soon, but i am not holding my breath. I have considered to do a hair transplant just to fix the little damage on the temples but its not that bad even though it bothers me a little.i do envy the guys that can pull of a bald look but i am not giving up this fight and so far so good, i wish the same for you
    You have maintained all hair on rogaine alone? For how long?

Lonny not that I kno of, I was originally thinking maybe it was because I do have problems with my digestive system. Its just weird that my dad and all my uncles on my mom's and dad's side have no balding (maybe a slight recedin hairline on my dad). I through the theory of it being a illness when I saw the pattern that was forming the classic m shape of mpb. I have no thiining on the crown. Just frontal receding and thining.
    Digestive system? Thats actually exactly what am talking about. I think theres a huge, overseen connection between hairloss and parasites (which cause 1000's of ilnesses and symptoms, including hair loss, weight loss, digestive problems, nutrition defficiency, fatigue, tiredness, unexplained complaints and the list goes on with that) and people are scared to either think or to discuss about it. But go and do a little research you will find out. The gut is the most controlling organ from our body, if theres something wrong with the gut there can go a lot wrong with the body if you dont take any action.

Once the above is a 100% excluded, you might look for other options. But am a 110% advising you to first take a deep deep look into this before taking medications which will in that case NOT attack the real cause of the hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    Digestive system? Thats actually exactly what am talking about. I think theres a huge, overseen connection between hairloss and parasites (which cause 1000's of ilnesses and symptoms, including hair loss, weight loss, digestive problems, nutrition defficiency, fatigue, tiredness, unexplained complaints and the list goes on with that) and people are scared to either think or to discuss about it. But go and do a little research you will find out. The gut is the most controlling organ from our body, if theres something wrong with the gut there can go a lot wrong with the body if you dont take any action.

Once the above is a 100% excluded, you might look for other options. But am a 110% advising you to first take a deep deep look into this before taking medications which will in that case NOT attack the real cause of the hair loss.
    I agree with Loony 100%. Basically all illnesses start with digestive system. AND, the 1st thing our body cuts off due to nutritional issues is Hair!
    If I were you, I'd take his advice because it can very well be the cause of your hair loss. Especially when you don't have MPB running in your family.
    Good luck. Good news is you still have what looks to be full head of hair. The sooner you correct the cause the better.