+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    It helps keep your hair. In practice this is highly useful. It's not going to regrow much hair though. http://www.twinshairloss.com/hair-loss-gallery.htm
    from personal experience and research I can honestly say that, finasteride helps keep your hair for most, but in some cases it does the opposite and rapidly speeds up hair loss. I am sure there are tens of thousands of people in this world that would agree with me on this one. It happened to me, it happened to two of my friends, countless others that my derm has told me about and if you do a simple google search you will see countless cases in which this has occurred. I still think people should take the drug if hair loss is devastating to them. I just think they should know they are rolling the dice with this one.

Yeah I do think its possible it could. MPB is far from figured out and no one knows a lot about it other then DHT is bad so removing it should help. Propecia was never really tested at all in men with most of their hair to see if it could make it worse. People just assume if it helps higher NW men keep hair that it should just always help and never make it worse. That is just theory crafting based on current results, but its not for sure true. Logical steps dont always work out in medicine especially when lots of pieces are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    I'm taking Propecia now (about 3 weeks) and had been looking forward to getting on it, but the more I read on various forums it seems like it really doesn't do much. For one thing, if all it does typically is maintain hair counts where they are already at, how is it that doctors or scientists even realized it would help balding men? They wouldn't have seen any difference, right?

I was initially relieved to get on this stuff but if all it does is maybe keep me where I'm at for five years (big maybe) it hardly seems worth it. My balding isn't even that bad presently but the knowledge that its going to get worse and even going thru the risks, hassle, and expense of propecia won't help it has me very down, sad as that sounds. When I was initially reading about fin, it seemed like a godsend for people who catch their balding early...but like I say I've learned that's not the case apparently.

I know its early for me, but why do you guys bother with it?
    The point is to buy time....I would be at least 2 Norwoods worse right now w/o DHT drugs. Maybe more