+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Minoxidil and Viviscal and LLLT

I am almost 20 years old and I am a NWIII. I have curly hair so I can easily cover my hairline. My curly hair actually hid my hair loss to the point where I did not recognize I had hair loss. However, the front is getting thinner and my curls are beginning to not conceal my hair loss as much.

That being said, I want your guys' opinions on my hair loss regimen. I do not want to take propecia at this time because I think better treatments will be available within the next two years (histogen/RepliCell).

Do you guys think I can grow hair/maintain what I have for around two years with the following regimen:

Rogaine 2 x a day (been using it for 2 months now)
    Regenpure DR + NT (1% Ketoconazole shampoo)
    Viviscal (just ordered it)
    Hairmax Advanced 7 Lasercomb (just ordered it)

Like I said, I realize these may not give me 5+ years of hair but I just want to hold off until replicel and histogen become available (hopefully by 2018). What do you guys think?

Just use nizoral and minox, the rest is just a waste of money.

Minoxidil should buy you a couple years at twice a day if you respond, it did for me. I avoided Propecia back then thinking a new treatment would come. Now I'm on Propecia lol.

Nothing much better than Propecia will be here anytime soon. If there was it would cost as much as a car. Not to mention replicel hasn't even shown a single result as good as even minox.

My hope is to add samumed's new treatment to my regimen when it's out. Histogen will cost a fortune and for a NW2 like me it's not worth a car when I'm gaining on Propecia and rogaine.

What about histogen? There are exciting treatments in the woodworks. Replicel technology is so promising that sheseido (cosmetic giant) bought the technology and opened an entire facility to it

Replicel will only be available in Japan for a long time and require multiple trips. I'm not spending 50k to go from nw2 to nw1.

As for histogen it's still in trials and at least 5 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Replicel will only be available in Japan for a long time and require multiple trips. I'm not spending 50k to go from nw2 to nw1.

As for histogen it's still in trials and at least 5 years away.
    I would travel for it. They said it would be the cost of a hair transplant... No where near a car payment

Cost of a good HT is over 10000$ how can't you buy a car with that?

Also trips to Japan all the time for injection ls isn't for me.

Rather have my libido decreased 20% and pay 30 a month.

I want a new topical personally. I highly doubt repicel is a full cure back to nw0. If it could do that then yes I'd go pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Rogaine 2 x a day (been using it for 2 months now)
    Regenpure DR + NT (1% Ketoconazole shampoo)
    Viviscal (just ordered it)
    Hairmax Advanced 7 Lasercomb (just ordered it)
    Many will agree with me that a last two parts of your regimen is garbage and a waste of money.

Keep the Nirazol and Minox, they will help if you really have mbp... If you really start to thin with 20 and you still want to hold on for 5 more years you may should add fin as well...

Quote Originally Posted by polios View Post
    Many will agree with me that a last two parts of your regimen is garbage and a waste of money.

Keep the Nirazol and Minox, they will help if you really have mbp... If you really start to thin with 20 and you still want to hold on for 5 more years you may should add fin as well...
    I just don't get why everyone is so against LLLT. Go to pubmed.com and look up the clinical trials done with LLLT. All show improvements compared to placebo.

The viviscal is just for stress. I know it doesn't do much for AGA. However, it has been shown to help stress related hair loss.

What you guys think?

LLLT can't hurt, but look at the basis for what they counted as hair growth. Vellus hairs lol.

I don't think it can halt hairloss to any significant degree but it's proven to at least increase the nutrients in the follicle.
    If you have the spare money it's a nice small addition.

Viviscal on the other hand got its ads pulled in the UK for failure to prove its claims. It's snake oil well marketed by a big company. Don't order anymore of that lol.

I've taken and stopped Propecia 4 times in my life and any sides always went away. This time I gave it longer and my body adjusted, no sides. Without it you're really fighting an uphill battle in the rain. That DHT is going to ravage those follicles. It sucks but it's the dead honest truth brother.

About new treatments, the same hype has been going on for years and it never happens.

Don't hold your breath, I'm a biologist and I understand full well how a planned 2018 release can become 2025 to maximize the efficacy or marketing opportunities / safety.

Shiseido is far from hurting for money they won't rush it.