Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pavi
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
    Also stem cell treatments for actual diseases come first.

I'd bet my life there will be no stem cell cure in the next 5 years.
    Here is another with minox alone:

Five-year follow-up of men with androgenetic alopecia treated with topical minoxidil a study

Comment

• BaldingEagle
      • Oct 2015

The viviscal study is incredibly hyperbolic. 38% increase lol? That's better than Propecia and we all know through actual use it's nowhere near Propecia. See any Viviscal before and afters that compare? Hell no lol. It's a very old study so it's not surprising that it's pretty incorrect or just biased.

As for minoxidil, if you ask any reputable HT doc or derm, and look at any comparison study, they all point to it being marginally effective. As does the AHA which state that on the official site.

Some people respond well to minoxidil and stay above baseline over 5 years. But on average no... 2-3 is more likely.

In my own experience with minoxidil it slowed my loss to a crawl for over a year, even a bit of regrowth in areas applied. The issue is I thinned in areas I wasn't expecting to and didn't apply it to. I'd personally do my entire head now and use 2 cans a month if I wasn't on fin now.

To summarize; Do I believe Those treatments are effective?

LLT: slight

Viviscal: negligible

Minoxidil: Potent for slowing, moderate halting, slight to regrowth with rare potential for significant growth.

Propecia: Nearly guaranteed slowing, significant in halting, slight in regrowth m. Add minoxidil with it bump it to moderate regrowth. Downside: possible sides.

Avodart; best we have, significant concern blocking 5AR1 due to amounts in brain.

Comment

• Pavi
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
        The viviscal study is incredibly hyperbolic. 38% increase lol? That's better than Propecia and we all know through actual use it's nowhere near Propecia. See any Viviscal before and afters that compare? Hell no lol. It's a very old study so it's not surprising that it's pretty incorrect or just biased.

As for minoxidil, if you ask any reputable HT doc or derm, and look at any comparison study, they all point to it being marginally effective. As does the AHA which state that on the official site.

Some people respond well to minoxidil and stay above baseline over 5 years. But on average no... 2-3 is more likely.

In my own experience with minoxidil it slowed my loss to a crawl for over a year, even a bit of regrowth in areas applied. The issue is I thinned in areas I wasn't expecting to and didn't apply it to. I'd personally do my entire head now and use 2 cans a month if I wasn't on fin now.

To summarize; Do I believe Those treatments are effective?

LLT: slight

Viviscal: negligible

Minoxidil: Potent for slowing, moderate halting, slight to regrowth with rare potential for significant growth.

Propecia: Nearly guaranteed slowing, significant in halting, slight in regrowth m. Add minoxidil with it bump it to moderate regrowth. Downside: possible sides.

Avodart; best we have, significant concern blocking 5AR1 due to amounts in brain.

Here is a viviscal study from 2015

Alopecia and thinning hair are highly prevalent conditions affecting a large proportion of men and women. Diffused hair loss is often more difficult to diagnose in women, mostly due to over-reliance on the assumption of hormonal influences, and it is commonly treated with a multi-therapy approach. C …

I'm not arguing that DHT blockers aren't the most effective. I just want to know my chances of being above/at baseline for the next 5 years with my regimen

Comment

Working...