+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy New Treatment!!!

New treatments or never coming guys. The reason is because the industry makes more money that way!!! So my advice is just try to improve other areas of your life like your body or your education because life is passing us by. Its time to stop letting our hair define us!!! Now go hit that gym cus no cure is coming.

This is a very pessimistic, simplistic view on how things work mcarpenter, no offense. The reason why there is not yet a cure is because AGA is a very, very complicated process and therefor super hard to remedy. If you are about to go off on the typical conspiracy theory that the major corporations are all in this together, are suppressing knowledge and not allowing a cure to come to market, then please save us the speech, because that is blatantly wrong. MPB sucks, for all of us. Trust me, it is something that has destroyed my life, made me anxious, depressed, bitter and above all biased as all hell, especially being the victim of a botched HT... That does not mean I am going to turn my life over to doubt and simplistic answers like this. To cure AGA, you are not just stopping a complex series of reactions and compounds from interacting, you are trying to reverse damage. On top of that you have to get through years and years of trials. It's hard to live your life with complete hope for a cure and it's just as hard to live with a complete lack of hope for one... so, we must choose a middle ground. Live today and tomorrow like no cure is coming soon and you must accept what is, but keep in your mind hope that humans will prevail in bringing one to market.

The only thing we can do for the moment is to focus on our career and professional life in order to renforce our identity and to have enough money for the treatments on the horizon like Replicel and Histogen along with good HT. And the hope is necessary, without it would have already commit suicide, really.

there you go.... I dont think he is trashtalking...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-baldness.html

Yes, let us work on our careers so that we have enough money to get the best hair surgeons and can effort the newest and best treatments. No reason to spend time in the gym too or to get too educated if we will miss out the chance to get these treatments.

I suppose it's all based on expectation. Do I want a cure ? Of course. Is it going to happen anytime soon? No. Would I be happy if I could just maintain and improve a bit ? Yes. Is that going to happen any time soon ? I wish I knew.

My hope doesn't concern ''the cure'' for NW7, of course, it will happen in the future via ipsc, but it is matter of many years. My hope concerns just better treatments and I think it is very possible regarding latest news to have something in about 3 years.

I know you guys dont wanna believe it, but there is no damn cure coming!!!!! I have been waiting for ten damn years to take my ****in hat off. Its like you guys just dont get stop throwing your life away guys. Theres no way a cure is coming in the next ten years. Its like you guys are living in a fantasy land. How much longer is it gonna take for you guys to get a clue??? They can fly to the moon, but cant put a ****in hair on my head??? Its all about making money and a cure would soon stop that money train.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarpenter089 View Post
    I know you guys dont wanna believe it, but there is no damn cure coming!!!!! I have been waiting for ten damn years to take my ****in hat off. Its like you guys just dont get stop throwing your life away guys. Theres no way a cure is coming in the next ten years. Its like you guys are living in a fantasy land. How much longer is it gonna take for you guys to get a clue??? They can fly to the moon, but cant put a ****in hair on my head??? Its all about making money and a cure would soon stop that money train.
    Ok, let's play your game. In your view of reality big pharma is suppressing the knowledge of the cure for profit. Did you know finasteride has been out of patent since last year? Did you know minoxidil has been out of patent for god know how many years. Nobody holds the rights to these drugs any more. If the market was worth so much money as to make the huge amount of effort and resources to suppress the knowledge viable, don't you think the market would be swamped with competitors looking for their piece of the pie? But it's not.

And if you think it's some shadow, conspiratorial organisation of HT doctors doing it, you do realise the it would take many times the worth of their entire industry worth to achieve and sustain something like that.

The truth is bio-tech startups that would bring these drugs/procedures to market are working on blue sky technology in an unproven market. Not to mention all the red tape that seems to suffocate so much of the innovation in the field. It's a triple whammy of science, funding and regulation. And they all have intertwined to make the production of an effective cure of for AGA a difficult thing to achieve.

The devil is in the details, but it's also where the hope and the future is. Living your life to the fullest is the best advice for anyone no matter what their situation. But having to divorce and lie to yourself about reality is order to achieve this is not strength, it's weakness. So if it helps you fine, but don't come on here and expect people like me to reinforce your delusion. I will rip it down, everytime.

This was somewhat addressed at the hair loss convention that just happened in Miami... No one cares enough about balding men, the top scientists workin on it have to actually work real jobs because they don't get paid enough / at all for research.. I refer to it as a curse rather than disease , because there are diseases out there that are deadly to us and and there is tons of money spent researching for a cure.. While our curse of baldness just makes us depressed and miserable, no one really cares and to hear my own family members tell me to take minox or one of the big 3 makes me nauseous because we need a real cure but I have no idea when it will come. I just smile a lot so people can't tell how much it sucks!