+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The word cure gets thrown around here too often. Insulin isn't a "cure" for diabetes but guess what? It beats the hell out of the alternative - which is death. We need something that can help maintain hair after a transplant and doesn't have the potential to turn you into Varys from Game of Thrones.

Cure will be 25 years at least but possible treatments in 5-10 guys.. looking dece

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    I like your positivity but until the product is on my bathroom shelf and giving me decent results then I'm going to keep my feet on the ground
    This man does not understand.

Thank you very good point

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Baffling to me that a thread like this could still be made after the year 2015 has been.

- Bimatoprost: confirmed to work better than minoxidil
    - SM04554: early trial stages but apparently works
    - Histogen: unmistakeably WORKS
    - Replicel/Shiseido: human trials, claimed to work, has provisional medium-term release date
    - Setipiprant: human trials
    - CB0301: human trials I think?
    - Pilofocus: human trials
    - Improvements in theoretical understanding and experimental techniques reported regularly
    - Probably more that I can't remember right now

The situation looks vastly better to me now than it did a year or 18 months ago. If this hasn't been a good year I'm not sure what a good year is supposed to sound like.
    Nice summary! Crazy a lot of great treatment to look forward to. I hope there may be something available that is also affordable to me. It makes me optimistic about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    Cure will be 25 years at least but possible treatments in 5-10 guys.. looking dece
    25 years? Why not 24 or 26?

How the **** do you, or anybody know when the cure will be here? This forum is becoming useless now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    No offense to you shookones, but statements like these contradict science entirely. YOU DON'T KNOW! NONE OF YOU KNOW! It literally could be tomorrow or it could never be. You look at all historical scientific discoveries and realize that science, of any sort, is wildly unpredictable. The best thing you can do is WORK to DEAL with the SITUATION you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by polios View Post
    Nice summary! Crazy a lot of great treatment to look forward to. I hope there may be something available that is also affordable to me. It makes me optimistic about the future.
    Don't listen to me or any of the people on these boards, they're full of people who are simply guessing and as it now turns out, making sometimes plausible guesses but often getting it wrong.

Instead, have a listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvCsanjllA

Unless she's telling one outrageous pack of lies, Histogen means business. They've shown it produces very real results before they've even found the optimum dose/treatment schedule. She plainly states that it will be available in some countries in a very reasonable timeframe (2 years) at an affordable cost, with only one or a small number of treatments required, working on men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Don't listen to me or any of the people on these boards, they're full of people who are simply guessing and as it now turns out, making sometimes plausible guesses but often getting it wrong.

Instead, have a listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvCsanjllA

Unless she's telling one outrageous pack of lies, Histogen means business. They've shown it produces very real results before they've even found the optimum dose/treatment schedule. She plainly states that it will be available in some countries in a very reasonable timeframe (2 years) at an affordable cost, with only one or a small number of treatments required, working on men and women.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    No offense to you shookones, but statements like these contradict science entirely. YOU DON'T KNOW! NONE OF YOU KNOW! It literally could be tomorrow or it could never be. You look at all historical scientific discoveries and realize that science, of any sort, is wildly unpredictable. The best thing you can do is WORK to DEAL with the SITUATION you have now.
    Spot on. I mean sure, you can add on certain timeframes for the red tape of regulation from government bodies and maybe try to extrapolate on funding patterns if you're into stocks but that's pretty much the extent of it. Just wildly choosing 25 years as a number for something like tissue engineering and thinking its realistic is incredibly naive. Could be 3 years, or 20 or 80 but it's all speculative.