+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Unhappy New Treatment!!!

New treatments or never coming guys. The reason is because the industry makes more money that way!!! So my advice is just try to improve other areas of your life like your body or your education because life is passing us by. Its time to stop letting our hair define us!!! Now go hit that gym cus no cure is coming.

This is a very pessimistic, simplistic view on how things work mcarpenter, no offense. The reason why there is not yet a cure is because AGA is a very, very complicated process and therefor super hard to remedy. If you are about to go off on the typical conspiracy theory that the major corporations are all in this together, are suppressing knowledge and not allowing a cure to come to market, then please save us the speech, because that is blatantly wrong. MPB sucks, for all of us. Trust me, it is something that has destroyed my life, made me anxious, depressed, bitter and above all biased as all hell, especially being the victim of a botched HT... That does not mean I am going to turn my life over to doubt and simplistic answers like this. To cure AGA, you are not just stopping a complex series of reactions and compounds from interacting, you are trying to reverse damage. On top of that you have to get through years and years of trials. It's hard to live your life with complete hope for a cure and it's just as hard to live with a complete lack of hope for one... so, we must choose a middle ground. Live today and tomorrow like no cure is coming soon and you must accept what is, but keep in your mind hope that humans will prevail in bringing one to market.

The only thing we can do for the moment is to focus on our career and professional life in order to renforce our identity and to have enough money for the treatments on the horizon like Replicel and Histogen along with good HT. And the hope is necessary, without it would have already commit suicide, really.

there you go.... I dont think he is trashtalking...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-baldness.html

Yes, let us work on our careers so that we have enough money to get the best hair surgeons and can effort the newest and best treatments. No reason to spend time in the gym too or to get too educated if we will miss out the chance to get these treatments.

I suppose it's all based on expectation. Do I want a cure ? Of course. Is it going to happen anytime soon? No. Would I be happy if I could just maintain and improve a bit ? Yes. Is that going to happen any time soon ? I wish I knew.

My hope doesn't concern ''the cure'' for NW7, of course, it will happen in the future via ipsc, but it is matter of many years. My hope concerns just better treatments and I think it is very possible regarding latest news to have something in about 3 years.

Are you serious? I agree that you should make the best of your situation, but i got a few pointers for you.

1 - Today's technology is developing faster than ever.

2 - Do you think treatments and medicine is a monopoly? Do you think there is one company making and selling all drugs? You say that its about money, and i totally agree, and thats why you are compleley wrong. If you were an induvidual person who accidentaly discovered a treatment for cancer,why would you stop developing it? Obviously there are alot of money in hair loss, and thats why companies and reaserchers put in all their efforts to find the best treatment that will be used by everybody so they can make money and be known and loved by the community.

3 - Why would reasearches, companies and scientists publish papers and possible treatment methods if they know they never going anywhere with it. Then people might decide to not hop on any treatments because "it will probably be a soloution in a couple of years.

4 - How many of the people suffering from hair loss actually use treatments? Alot fewer that half, and why? Beacause they are not effective compared to the price. Someone who will come up with a 100% effective treatment, everyone would buy it, even if it would be expensive.

So if you are going to crush people's hopes, please use your head and think first.