+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Im tired of smiling like its alright, its not they have the technology to duplicate a whole ****in cow, but wont duplicate my hair. My whole life has been destroyed waiting for a cure thats never coming!!!!!! Ever get it face it move on with your lifes

Baffling to me that a thread like this could still be made after the year 2015 has been.

- Bimatoprost: confirmed to work better than minoxidil
    - SM04554: early trial stages but apparently works
    - Histogen: unmistakeably WORKS
    - Replicel/Shiseido: human trials, claimed to work, has provisional medium-term release date
    - Setipiprant: human trials
    - CB0301: human trials I think?
    - Pilofocus: human trials
    - Improvements in theoretical understanding and experimental techniques reported regularly
    - Probably more that I can't remember right now

The situation looks vastly better to me now than it did a year or 18 months ago. If this hasn't been a good year I'm not sure what a good year is supposed to sound like.

The whole "There's no treatments coming because it would stop the money train" argument is so laughably absurd that I give it as much credence as the theories that say 9/11 was a government conspiracy. It's just so half-baked I can't even take it seriously.

These companies that are working on treatments are not different from any other companies in any other fields around the world. Sure, a handful of the researchers may personally feel sympathy for people who struggle with MPB, but make no mistake about it, their ultimate motivation is making money. And that's a good thing....I wouldn't want it any other way. Take the number of people afflicted with baldness around the world and use a conservative estimate for how many of them would be willing/ able to at least finance some degree of a "cure" if it were to reach the market. Use current hair transplants by top doctors as a baseline price tag. We're talking about - at the absolute minimum - tens of BILLIONS of dollars, likely a lot more over a span of say, a decade.

As someone else pointed out, the reason for the lack of treatments is a combination of practical factors. A system with too much regulation that stifles innovation, a lack of proper funding in favor of other more noble/ and or attainable medical endeavors and the fact that this condition is simply very difficult to solve. Those are the reasons that were all stuck in this forum right now, NOT because of some massive, clandestine pharmaceutical and HT Doctor conspiracy to keep a stranglehold on their Stone Age remedies.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Baffling to me that a thread like this could still be made after the year 2015 has been.

- Bimatoprost: confirmed to work better than minoxidil
    - SM04554: early trial stages but apparently works
    - Histogen: unmistakeably WORKS
    - Replicel/Shiseido: human trials, claimed to work, has provisional medium-term release date
    - Setipiprant: human trials
    - CB0301: human trials I think?
    - Pilofocus: human trials
    - Improvements in theoretical understanding and experimental techniques reported regularly
    - Probably more that I can't remember right now

The situation looks vastly better to me now than it did a year or 18 months ago. If this hasn't been a good year I'm not sure what a good year is supposed to sound like.
    I like your positivity but until the product is on my bathroom shelf and giving me decent results then I'm going to keep my feet on the ground

Science advances exponentially and therefor will eventually catch up to something as complicated as AGA... this, in my mind, is a fact. Within the next 15 years, I have great faith that almost every disease will have a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Within the next 15 years, I have great faith that almost every disease will have a cure.
    +1
    In my opinion with the technology offered by ipsc and tissue engeneering we are entering in the new chapter of the history of medicine. Now we are in the turning point, there are a lot of trials to do in order to elaborate appropriate protocol but finally it will be done. When Lacazette was posting regularly news in that field we had just an exemple how dynamically this technology is developping just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    +1
    In my opinion with the technology offered by ipsc and tissue engeneering we are entering in the new chapter of the history of medicine. Now we are in the turning point, there are a lot of trials to do in order to elaborate appropriate protocol but finally it will be done. When Lacazette was posting regularly news in that field we had just an exemple how dynamically this technology is developping just now.
    Yes but as people have rightly pointed out, it's not just the knowledge and ability that is hindering us. There are other variables involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    Yes but as people have rightly pointed out, it's not just the knowledge and ability that is hindering us. There are other variables involved.
    Of course but those are mostly the people that are waiting for the real cure. The real cure is at least 15 years away. If half of the upcoming treatments work somewhat well combined with some forms of HT a lot of people will have enough of hair to get by. Of course if we can't reverse follicle miniaturization then for someone like me (not on fin, losing hair) the real cure is the only option.

Are you serious? I agree that you should make the best of your situation, but i got a few pointers for you.

1 - Today's technology is developing faster than ever.

2 - Do you think treatments and medicine is a monopoly? Do you think there is one company making and selling all drugs? You say that its about money, and i totally agree, and thats why you are compleley wrong. If you were an induvidual person who accidentaly discovered a treatment for cancer,why would you stop developing it? Obviously there are alot of money in hair loss, and thats why companies and reaserchers put in all their efforts to find the best treatment that will be used by everybody so they can make money and be known and loved by the community.

3 - Why would reasearches, companies and scientists publish papers and possible treatment methods if they know they never going anywhere with it. Then people might decide to not hop on any treatments because "it will probably be a soloution in a couple of years.

4 - How many of the people suffering from hair loss actually use treatments? Alot fewer that half, and why? Beacause they are not effective compared to the price. Someone who will come up with a 100% effective treatment, everyone would buy it, even if it would be expensive.

So if you are going to crush people's hopes, please use your head and think first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    I like your positivity but until the product is on my bathroom shelf and giving me decent results then I'm going to keep my feet on the ground
    I try and err on the side of skepticism too and there's definitely still a bit of waiting left to do, but have you heard that Hellouser interview with Histogen's Gail Naughton? She doesn't talk in vague, evasive terms like, say, that arsehole Cotsarelis. She gives comprehensive answers, sets intended release dates, the lot. She talks like you'd expect someone with a working product to talk. And more importantly, the pictures from her presentation speak for themselves.